• 25 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I like to include a link to my salesforce record in an outbound  Messaging.SingleEmailMessage email, but I don't want to include a hard code instance as outlined in the documentation. How do I get the salesforce instance na1, na2, na3,... that I am working on. Pagereference getURL() only returns a partial URL.

From the documentation:

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/apexcode/index_Left.htm#StartTopic=Content%2Fapex_classes_email_outbound.htm|SkinName=webhelp

mail.setHtmlBody('Your case:<b> ' + case.Id +' </b>has been created<p>'+
' View case <a href=https://na1.salesforce.com/'+case.Id+'>click here</a>');

Thanks,

Matt

I have a custom object called Headings that has a many to many relationship to Opportunities.  I've created the junction object Opportunity Headings to show this relationship.  Opportunity Headings also has a lookup relationship to Account.  Headings looks up to another custom object called Category.  I know it's confusing, so I'm including a picture to explain the relationships  :)

graph

I need a roll up summary field on Category (in blue above) that will count the number of Opportunity Headings (in red) with unique Accounts (in green).

I know how to do the roll-up summary field to count Opportunity Headings, but I can't figure out how to only count one per account.  So ABC account could have 10, opportunity headings, but I only one to show that there in one account in that category.

I would love to hear any ideas you can come up with for this problem!!

Thanks!!

I like to include a link to my salesforce record in an outbound  Messaging.SingleEmailMessage email, but I don't want to include a hard code instance as outlined in the documentation. How do I get the salesforce instance na1, na2, na3,... that I am working on. Pagereference getURL() only returns a partial URL.

From the documentation:

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/apexcode/index_Left.htm#StartTopic=Content%2Fapex_classes_email_outbound.htm|SkinName=webhelp

mail.setHtmlBody('Your case:<b> ' + case.Id +' </b>has been created<p>'+
' View case <a href=https://na1.salesforce.com/'+case.Id+'>click here</a>');

Thanks,

Matt

Hi all,

I hope that someone can help but i'm trying to replicate some excel-based reports in Salesforce, and one particular report splits out the gross amount over certain months.

We have created custom date fields that are called 'Campaign Start Date' and 'Campaign End Date' - which refers to the TV spot booking for which this opportunity is for. Our teams require a report that shows which client has booked a spot, and for how long.

Example:

If we pitch to Smiths Inc. with a figure of £500k, and the pitch is won, we need to know the months for which to bill Smiths Inc. - but only for the months of the campaign duration.

So the campaign details are as follows:

Campaign Start Date = 01/08/2009

Campaign End Date = 01/12/2009

Gross Amount = £500,000

The money split would be as follows:

August = £125,000

September = £125,000

October = £125,000

November = £125,000

Any months that don't fall into the campaign dates will be blank.

Report Header (and data) Example 

Jan   Feb   Mar   Apr   May   Jun   Jul   Aug   Sept   Oct   Nov  Dec

125k  125k  125k 125k

I'm thinking that I would need to create twelve formula fields (one for each month), but I'm not sure of the structure of how to put these formulas together.

Does anyone have any suggestions of how I can do this easily? The report creation is the simple bit, but I'm stuck on creating the formula fields.

Help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ed.

Message Edited by ITVED on 06-23-2009 05:30 AM
Message Edited by ITVED on 06-23-2009 05:30 AM
  • June 23, 2009
I apologize if this is a known response. Want to get the ID instead of the name or ideally both one column for each.

Connector returns on users queries the Profile ID as text name instead of SFDC ID. How do you use connector to get the ID. The ID is by far more useful. Same for other areas like this where a reference object is given.

Thank you
Is there a way to send email to custom objects? I have a candidate object and many requirements to autopopulate the "To" field with a specific candidate and I'm unable to do this.

• September 19, 2008
I have a public web site on which there is a login button pointing to the salesforce customer portal. I need to be able to direct the users to the proper url. For example if a user XXXX logs in from my public web site with his/her cridentials they should be directed to link that will log them in to their customer portal.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
  • September 16, 2008