• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
We are looking at building a "counter" at the account level in which it would assign numeric values based on activities at the account and contact level. One of the activities is # of times that an e-mail has been opened. I'm looking at writing a formula field that would query # of times an e-mail that was opened and if anyone from an organization opened it 5 times it would assign a value.

I've looked in the contact and activities table and I don't see where that is stored. Is this something that I can hook into or is it a hidden field?

We have a requirement in our organization which the contact owner needs to be the same as the contact. 
I've tested the triger below in our sandbox edition and it seems to be working fine. The probem is when I upload the package there's no test methods.
From my understanding you can't write test methods in a trigger and need it needs to be moved it to a class. I've tried copying the trigger to a class and none of the test methods seem to be working.
This is the first time I'm attempting this, I've tried reading Chapter 7 in the Apex Guide and I've tried the examples there and it doesn't seem to be working.
Does anyone have a suggestion on a test method for my trigger. Here's the example.

trigger ChangeOwner on Contact (before insert)

{        Contact[] cons = Trigger.new;        
            for(Contact c:cons)    {
               String ownerId = [select ownerId from Account where Id =: c.accountId].ownerId;
               System.debug('Query Success-->'+ownerId);
               c.ownerId = ownerId;
               System.debug('Owner set Success-->'+c.ownerId);

}

}
  • September 26, 2008
I'm simply looking for a custom link that will do a search on LinkedIn from the Account and Contact tabs.
Account Tab would do a "company" search within LinkedIn.
Contact Tab would do a contact search within LinkedIn
  • August 19, 2008