• Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi..

I like to know how to enable the Partner Portal User profile. Is it true that the user of this profile will not require a license?

Thanks

I am looking for some guidance on imedding links to Sharepoint files/ folders inside of a Salesforce object. I am in a project driven business and we are looking at using Sharepoint as a document management solution for our entire organization. Our Sales Managers are the only ones who use Salesforce and inside of each "Opportunity" in Salesforce I would like to imbed a link to a project folder stored in Sharepoint. And to take it a step further, when a "new" Opportunity is created I would like a "Project"  folder to be auto-generated.

Does anyone have any experience with this or know of a vendor that might help us accomplish this?

• April 13, 2010

I want to create a field to reflect the last time an Opportunity was changed (by modificication or an activity). I wrote the following formula and used a return type of date:

IF( LastModifiedDate  >  LastActivityDate,  LastModifiedDate, LastActivityDate )

But I am getting this error message and I can't figure out how to work around it. Any help would be much appreciated.

Error: Incorrect parameter for function >(). Expected DateTime, received Date

• March 02, 2010
We have just purchased Datalink from Reed Construction Data (our lead source) which will allow us to directly import projects into Salesforce rather than importing them into an Excel spreadsheet first. With that I now need to create lead assignment rules and workflows to not only get the correct User assigned to the leads but also assign the leads to the correct Account and Contact (previously I had done this through look-up formulas in excel). This would seem to be fairly straightforward except for the fact that we assign leads to our distributors based on counties and there are over 3,200 in the US!! I am hoping that someone within the Salesforce community out there might be willing to lend some advice/ suggestions on how to best go about this. Thanks in advance for any help!
  • October 13, 2009

I'm not sure that this would be created in Visualforce but what I am trying to do is have an email alert trigger when a button is clicked. Basically I have created a button called "Pricing Request" and by clicking on this button I would like an email alert to be sent out. Is this possible? Is visualforce the right place to construct this? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Coke

• August 17, 2009

I am looking for some guidance on imedding links to Sharepoint files/ folders inside of a Salesforce object. I am in a project driven business and we are looking at using Sharepoint as a document management solution for our entire organization. Our Sales Managers are the only ones who use Salesforce and inside of each "Opportunity" in Salesforce I would like to imbed a link to a project folder stored in Sharepoint. And to take it a step further, when a "new" Opportunity is created I would like a "Project"  folder to be auto-generated.

Does anyone have any experience with this or know of a vendor that might help us accomplish this?

• April 13, 2010

I want to create a field to reflect the last time an Opportunity was changed (by modificication or an activity). I wrote the following formula and used a return type of date:

IF( LastModifiedDate  >  LastActivityDate,  LastModifiedDate, LastActivityDate )

But I am getting this error message and I can't figure out how to work around it. Any help would be much appreciated.

Error: Incorrect parameter for function >(). Expected DateTime, received Date

• March 02, 2010

I'm not sure that this would be created in Visualforce but what I am trying to do is have an email alert trigger when a button is clicked. Basically I have created a button called "Pricing Request" and by clicking on this button I would like an email alert to be sent out. Is this possible? Is visualforce the right place to construct this? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Coke

• August 17, 2009

Hi..

I like to know how to enable the Partner Portal User profile. Is it true that the user of this profile will not require a license?

Thanks