• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I'm having trouble pulling the Opportunity Owner field in a custom VF template I created.

If I use the simple text/html template, I can use:

{!Opportunity.OwnerFullName}

{!Opportunity.OwnerFirstName}

{!Opportunity.OwnerLastName}

and all three work fine.  

BUT

in the VF template, I have a header:

<messaging:emailTemplate subject="New Win Announcement - {!relatedTo.Account.Name}" recipientType="User" relatedToType="Opportunity">
<messaging:htmlEmailBody >

and if I try to use {!relatedTo.OwnerFullName}, {!relatedTo.OwnerFirstName}, or {!relatedTo.OwnerLastName} ....it gives me a save error saying:

Error: Invalid field OwnerFirstName for SObject Opportunity

Is there a work around for this?  Or do you know if I'm doing anything wrong?   Any help is appreciated.  Thanks!

Hi.

I have a VF email template that I'm using to send out various information for our opps and opp products.  One thing that I am having trouble pulling is the Opportunity Owner field.  When I try to pull this, the Opportunity Owner ID populates and that does not do any good.  Is there any work around you can think of to pull the actual owner's full name?  I've tried setting up a formula field that combines the Opportunity Creator's first & last name.  That seems to work fine, until we have to transfer opps to a different owner.  Since the opp creator does not change, the field remains to display the same value.  Is there anyway to pull a name using the opp owner ID? 

Any ideas would greatly be appreciated.  Thanks..

Message Edited by codeword on 04-01-2009 10:34 AM
Hello everyone,

I am seeking some help and advice regarding email templates.

Our ORG currently is configured with Accounts >> Opportunities >> Opportunity Line Items (multiple "items" per opp is possible).

What I'm trying to accomplish is:

Pull Account Information, Pull Opportunity Information, BUT ALSO pull Opportunity Line Items for an email template.

Currently, if I send an email template from the opportunity object, it only pulls account and opportunity information.

Anyone have the same problem?  I've tried using VF/APEX templates but I'm pretty new to that.

Please help.

Thanks
Hi Everyone.  I'm fairly new to Apex and am seeking your help in a simple situation:

We have a recruiting application, which has some custom objects such as

-Job (which is a listings of jobs)
-Tracking (which is an object that creates a "tracking" record related to a single job.  ie. one person who has applied to 3 jobs (has 3 diff tracking records)  The tracking object has master relationship with Contact. 
-Expense (this has a master relationship with job)

What I'm trying to do with Apex, is create a field on the Job record (Total Applicants) that sums up how many Tracking records there are (within the related list). 

Please provide any insight on how I should approach this. (apex / triggers / etc).  Any help is highly appreciated.

Thank you!

Message Edited by codeword on 11-06-2008 11:46 AM

Message Edited by codeword on 11-06-2008 11:49 AM
Hello everyone,

I am seeking some help and advice regarding email templates.

Our ORG currently is configured with Accounts >> Opportunities >> Opportunity Line Items (multiple "items" per opp is possible).

What I'm trying to accomplish is:

Pull Account Information, Pull Opportunity Information, BUT ALSO pull Opportunity Line Items for an email template.

Currently, if I send an email template from the opportunity object, it only pulls account and opportunity information.

Anyone have the same problem?  I've tried using VF/APEX templates but I'm pretty new to that.

Please help.

Thanks
Hi Everyone.  I'm fairly new to Apex and am seeking your help in a simple situation:

We have a recruiting application, which has some custom objects such as

-Job (which is a listings of jobs)
-Tracking (which is an object that creates a "tracking" record related to a single job.  ie. one person who has applied to 3 jobs (has 3 diff tracking records)  The tracking object has master relationship with Contact. 
-Expense (this has a master relationship with job)

What I'm trying to do with Apex, is create a field on the Job record (Total Applicants) that sums up how many Tracking records there are (within the related list). 

Please provide any insight on how I should approach this. (apex / triggers / etc).  Any help is highly appreciated.

Thank you!

Message Edited by codeword on 11-06-2008 11:46 AM

Message Edited by codeword on 11-06-2008 11:49 AM