• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I am presented with a problem and was hoping someone here has encountered a similar problem.

My company has recently changed its business hours and the on-call SLA's for our staff.  What I am trying to do is have a checkbox field update when a case is logged through the self-service portal outside of normal business hours.  

I have a checkbox field called "Case Logged After Hours" that is unchecked by default.  I would like that field to be checked when the case is logged between 5:00PM and 8:00AM.  I have two additional business hours settings one "Off Hours PM" and "Off Hours AM".

When the Business Hours field contains Off Hours AM or PM the checkbox will update.  However, I cannot find a way to get the business hours fields to update based on the created date and time.  I can't seem to figure out a way to specify the date and time range to make the fields update.  Also, if I were able to trigger a field update with the createed date and time set properly (everyday from 5:00PM to 8:00AM) I wouldn't need the "Off Hours".

I'd love to hear thoughts on this.

Thanks

• April 01, 2009

My company is trying to refine our SLA's and gather data on how much time staff is spending on any particular issue of with specific customers.  We are using the Case Age in Business Hours module and that has been a big help. However, I'm wondering if there is a way to stop the Case Age from counting time that a particular case spends in a pending status and only provide time that the case was in an open or work in progress state.

• March 13, 2009
I'm trying to work out a way to import the values from custom fields in a case to the appropriate fields in a new contact record.

My company processes requests for new employees through Salesforce.  A case is opened for the technology department to create user accounts and generate passwords etc... Part of the setup includes creating a contact record in Salesforce. In trying to streamline the process I have created a section in the Case Record Type that is essentially a mirror of the basic Contact Detail information (First/Last Name, Dept., Phone)

I've created a custom link to map the fields accordingly but it's not working.  I am new to this aspect of Salesforce and I'm not sure what it is I've done wrong. 

Here's an example of the formula I'm using:
/003/e?={!Case.First_Name__c}&00N70000002DLMw={!Contact.FirstName}

The way I understand this is that I am opening a new Contact Record and placing the value from the Case "first name" field into the first name field of the contact.  While the new contact record opens the data from case field is not populating. 

I've tried to find more information in the forums here and elsewhere on the internet but I've not found anything that's been very helpful. Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.
  • November 12, 2008

I am presented with a problem and was hoping someone here has encountered a similar problem.

My company has recently changed its business hours and the on-call SLA's for our staff.  What I am trying to do is have a checkbox field update when a case is logged through the self-service portal outside of normal business hours.  

I have a checkbox field called "Case Logged After Hours" that is unchecked by default.  I would like that field to be checked when the case is logged between 5:00PM and 8:00AM.  I have two additional business hours settings one "Off Hours PM" and "Off Hours AM".

When the Business Hours field contains Off Hours AM or PM the checkbox will update.  However, I cannot find a way to get the business hours fields to update based on the created date and time.  I can't seem to figure out a way to specify the date and time range to make the fields update.  Also, if I were able to trigger a field update with the createed date and time set properly (everyday from 5:00PM to 8:00AM) I wouldn't need the "Off Hours".

I'd love to hear thoughts on this.

Thanks

• April 01, 2009

My company is trying to refine our SLA's and gather data on how much time staff is spending on any particular issue of with specific customers.  We are using the Case Age in Business Hours module and that has been a big help. However, I'm wondering if there is a way to stop the Case Age from counting time that a particular case spends in a pending status and only provide time that the case was in an open or work in progress state.

• March 13, 2009
I'm trying to work out a way to import the values from custom fields in a case to the appropriate fields in a new contact record.

My company processes requests for new employees through Salesforce.  A case is opened for the technology department to create user accounts and generate passwords etc... Part of the setup includes creating a contact record in Salesforce. In trying to streamline the process I have created a section in the Case Record Type that is essentially a mirror of the basic Contact Detail information (First/Last Name, Dept., Phone)

I've created a custom link to map the fields accordingly but it's not working.  I am new to this aspect of Salesforce and I'm not sure what it is I've done wrong. 

Here's an example of the formula I'm using:
/003/e?={!Case.First_Name__c}&00N70000002DLMw={!Contact.FirstName}

The way I understand this is that I am opening a new Contact Record and placing the value from the Case "first name" field into the first name field of the contact.  While the new contact record opens the data from case field is not populating. 

I've tried to find more information in the forums here and elsewhere on the internet but I've not found anything that's been very helpful. Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.
  • November 12, 2008