• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
We have a custom object called “Transactions” that is where we import all of our AR invoices (The sum of the invoices is what drives our actual revenue number).  We then export them daily using the data loader, change all outstanding balances to 0, re-import all of the invoices with the 0 balances, then override that data with that day’s outstanding balances.  The problem is, over time, the list of invoices will become too long to manage so I’d like to sort of “archive” all of the invoices with 0 balances in a separate area so they’ll still be in the system but not in the same location.  How should this be handled?  Should we create a new custom object for the Archived invoices?  Also I need help writing S-Control so that when an invoice balance turns to 0 the invoice will move to this new object. 
We have a custom object called “Transactions” that is where we import all of our AR invoices (The sum of the invoices is what drives our actual revenue number).  We then export them daily using the data loader, change all outstanding balances to 0, re-import all of the invoices with the 0 balances, then override that data with that day’s outstanding balances.  The problem is, over time, the list of invoices will become too long to manage so I’d like to sort of “archive” all of the invoices with 0 balances in a separate area so they’ll still be in the system but not in the same location.  How should this be handled?  Should we create a new custom object for the Archived invoices?  Also I need help writing S-Control so that when an invoice balance turns to 0 the invoice will move to this new object.