• Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,

Does anyone know if it is possible to connect to salesforce using AJAX Javascript from outside of salesforce? I will not have access to any server side languages as I am hoping to write a AIR desktop application.

I can run it with internal to sales force by using Ajax calls from a HTML S-Control.

I also can make requests from externally through Adobe Air but I have to create a Flex Project as opposed to a Javascript based project so I can use the compiled swc files.

I have searched for solutions and have found the following source files:

http://blogs.nitobi.com/dave/2007/07/18/salesforcecom-air-application/

However when I run them I receive a Cross Site Scripting Error which I understand, and the running example does not work anymore as the version is not supported by Adobe.

Thanks

Barry
Hi,

I am building an application that reads back details from an external website.

I have created all of the needed objects that hold the data that I need to conect:

Object Administration:
Url, admin_Username, admin_Password.

User Details:
EXT_Username, EXT_Password

I can get hold of the custom userfields from the Global User but am unable to get hold of the URL.

This URL can not be fixed as it varies as the site being connected to as a sub URL from each Company.

Does anyone know how I can convert the URL to a Company Global Variable or how to use S-Controls to get the default record from the Object.

Thanks