• Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hey,

I just started using the new Force.com Ide for Eclipse and in theory it is a fantastic addition to the Salesforce set of tools - it will make deployments between environments a whole lot easier.

The one problem i have found with it though is that when i 'Refresh from server' on the reports folder the changes aren't picked up within Eclipse.

This only seems to happens with reports as i have succesfully updated triggers, classes and a few other components.

The only way i can get the changes from the server to Eclipse is by deleting the Force.com project and re-creating it which is not something i intend doing on a regular basis.

Has anyone else noticed this problem and if so are there any ways to force the refresh on the reports folder?

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers/ 

Hi All,

I have an Approval Process created for my custom object.

I am assigned as an Approver for the same.

I want to know, are there any settings to enable myself to see "Items to approve" list on my Homepage?

Any help will be great.

Thanks

First Question:

I have created a number of new users with a particular profile restricting there access to certain data. Before giving each user a login. I wanted to test logging in as the user. How can this be done it seems from the documentation as if I can only login as the user if they allow me permissions to do so? Surely there is a way of testing each user prior to giving each a login? Please help.

Second Question:

How do I change the address contact label names on the Contact object. In the developer account this is set to "mailing street", "mailing zip post code" etc.. however in the enterprise account it is set to "primary street" and "primary zip post code". I wish it to be the "mailing" address not "primary" address. Please advise.  

Message Edited by angusgrant on 07-27-2009 08:35 AM

Hello - I am working on the Developer Guide project and exercises and I'm not able to see one of the custom objects that I created which is housing data.  The project calls for building a custom application, the Recruiting App, for Universal Containers (the fictitious company).  There are 3 related objects that are the subject of my problems.  The Job Application object is a custom object that is a junction object between the Candidate and Position objects, which are Master Objects for the Job Application object.  Though I can see all of the object information for Job Application object through the Setup menu, it does not show up at all in the Apex Explorer or Force.com IDE Schema viewer.  I use the Apex Explorer and the Eclipse Force.com IDE to build and test SOQL queries and find fields and relationships I need to access in Apex Classes.  Is there some setting that some how got set to hide this information?  OR does anyone have any idea how I can resolve it? 

Additional information... I have followed the Load Instructions from the Code Share for this project for every chapter, which involves running an Ant Based Force.com Migration tool to load files and packages into the Force.com application before every chapter.  I found and fixed several unpublished errors with this Code Share project.  It seems to function fine in every other way, except I cannot see the Job Application relationship and fields from the Candidate and Position objects. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks,SCR

Message Edited by SCR on 07-25-2009 07:55 PM
Message Edited by SCR on 07-25-2009 07:57 PM
  • July 26, 2009

Hi:

Just wondering, how in VisualForce Page or wizard , when an user clicks on the new record button it would:

1. go to the recordtype page

2. then once this is selected go to that custom VF page.

Is this possible in VF?

Anyone have an example?

Thanks

Shan 

Is it possible to create a custom approval process where I can enable forced approval.

A possible scenario is that...

I need to close a deal and the discount rate has been send for approval to the manager.

In this case,  if the manager is on leave and the thing remains unapproved to 2-3 days, it should be automatically moved to the delegated manager.

If the delegated manager approves, then the first manager is kept in loop and he knows the process has been approved.

https://www.salesforce.com/form/demo/csm_conf.jsp?d=70130000000EjXu

I saw this wonderful webcast and wanted to test our cloud-share myself. So I registered for DEMO and got plan salesforce.com professional edition with no Facebook.com or twitter object.

Please helping me by pointing in the right direction.

Do i need to develop something? if yes...let me know what? or do i need to enable something? Again how???

Hey Hi, I am working on a Site and I need to use a standard Sav functionality, however I do not wish the page to move to the standard View page of the record.

<apex:commandButton action="{!save}" value="Publish"  onComplete="window.parent.location.href='/apex/home';"/>              

I used onComplete but it is not redirecting to the page.

Please help

Warm Regards.

Siddhesh

I am trying to build a blog site using Sites and YUI

http://saasblog-developer-edition.ap1.force.com/

But I do not see my CSS and images in public. I have set Default caching to 'Public'...yet it is not there.

Also as soon I login using portal user, it shows insuffitient previleges???

Please help me out...

Thanks in advance.

SiD

http://sidoscope.blogspot.com

Hi,

I am developing a flex component to get all the fields of a salesforce object, I use DescribeSobject  function to access the meta data.

Althought I am stuck at a place, from the server I get all the data into an array called fields, but I cannot get the fields out of the array for displaying. Can someone tell me what is wrong???

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml" layout="vertical" 
    color="#1b0d78"    paddingTop="10" paddingRight="10" paddingLeft="10" paddingBottom="10"
     backgroundColor="#CAFFBC"
     xmlns:salesforce="http://www.salesforce.com/"
     applicationComplete="login();"     
      >
      <mx:Script>
          <![CDATA[
              import com.salesforce.results.DescribeSObjectResult;
              import mx.logging.LogEventLevel;
               import mx.logging.LogEvent;
              import mx.managers.PopUpManager;
              import mx.validators.ValidationResult;
              import mx.controls.dataGridClasses.DataGridColumn;
             import mx.utils.ObjectProxy;
              import mx.collections.ArrayCollection;
              import mx.logging.Log;
              import mx.utils.ObjectUtil;
              import mx.controls.Alert;    
            import com.salesforce.results.Field;           
            import com.salesforce.events.*;
              import com.salesforce.objects.*;
              import com.salesforce.*;

private function login():void {

var lr:LoginRequest = new LoginRequest(    {
            username : '<username>',             // put your own info here to test standalone
            password : '<password>',            // put your own info here to test standalone   
            callback : new AsyncResponder(function (result:Object):void
                {     describeSObjects();
                    //ta.text = "Login successful:\n" + ObjectUtil.toString(result);
                    //loginButton.enabled = false;
                } )
            } );

Util.debug(this, 'apex.login ( ' +ObjectUtil.toString(lr) +'\n);' );   
        apex.login(lr);
    }

// handy for debugging soap messages
    private function sendRequestListener(event:SendEvent):void {
        XML.prettyIndent = 4;
        XML.prettyPrinting = true;
        var x:XML = new XML(event.soapRequest);
        soapLog.text = x.toString();
    }

private function describeSObjects():void
      {
          // this call can take one or more object names to describe in full
          apex.describeSObject("Account",new AsyncResponder(describeSObjects_CB, genericFault));
      }

private function describeSObjects_CB(result:DescribeSObjectResult):void
      {
             //ta.text = 'describeSObjects_CB Result\n' + ObjectUtil.toString(result[0].Field);
             //var fields:ArrayCollection=result[0].fields;                
             if (!(result == null)) {
            // Iterate through the fields to get properties for each field
            trace(result.fields+"=="+result.length);
            var fields:Array=result.fields as Array;
            for(var i:int=0;i<fields.length;i++){
              var field:Field=fields[i]; //The value returned in null here.

ta.text+=field.label;
            }
    }
   }

private function genericFault(fault:Object):void
        {
        //ta.text = 'fault from operation: ' + ObjectUtil.toString(fault);
        }
          ]]>
      </mx:Script>      
     <salesforce:Connection id="apex" sendRequest="sendRequestListener(event)"/>
     <mx:Label text="ActionScript Objects" fontWeight="bold" fontFamily="Courier New" fontSize="12"/>
        <mx:TextArea width="100%" height="100%" id="ta" cornerRadius="5"/>
      <mx:Label text="Soap Log" fontWeight="bold" fontFamily="Courier New" fontSize="12"/>
      <mx:TextArea id="soapLog" width="100%" height="100%" cornerRadius="5"/>
    <mx:DataGrid id="dgGrid">
        <mx:columns>
            <mx:DataGridColumn dataField="label"/>
        </mx:columns>
    </mx:DataGrid>

</mx:Application>

Hi,

I have developed a custom flex page which has a complex logic of adding a set of locations to all the opportunity products. Now to test my code I login through a different profile and press cancel, it logs me out of salesforce!!!

I have no idea how, as soon as my save or cancel is done the session is killed. I am using session and server merge variable in the flex application, but it should redirect to the opportunity page.

I am using navigateToURL method to pass the control to salesforce.

Hi Does anyone know how to edit the following code to add 365 days to the close date of the new opp.

// Copyright 2008 BrightGen Ltd - All Rights Reserved try{ {!REQUIRESCRIPT("/soap/ajax/14.0/connection.js")} // ** EDIT THIS QUERY TO LIST THE FIELDS YOU WANT TO COPY ** var result = sforce.connection.query("Select o.Type, o.StageName, o.Description, o.Amount, o.AccountId From Opportunity o WHERE o.Id = '{!Opportunity.Id}'"); var newOpp = result.getArray("records"); // Reset the Opp Id and reset fields to default values newOpp[0].Id = ''; newOpp[0].Name = "Renewal - {!Opportunity.Name}"; // ** EDIT THESE FIELDS TO SET DEFAULT ANY VALUES ** newOpp[0].StageName = "Prospecting"; newOpp[0].CloseDate = new Date(2099, 0, 1); newOpp[0].Type = "Renewal" var saveResult = sforce.connection.create(newOpp); if (saveResult[0].getBoolean("success")) { newOpp[0].id = saveResult[0].id; alert("Renewal Opportunity Has Been Created."); } else { alert("Failed to create clone: " + saveResult[0]); } // Refresh the page to display the new oppportunity window.location = newOpp[0].id; } catch (err) { alert (err.description ); }

Thanks if anyone can help as this is important in our company.

Jake

Message Edited by jmaskell123 on 08-10-2009 03:41 AM

Hey,

I just started using the new Force.com Ide for Eclipse and in theory it is a fantastic addition to the Salesforce set of tools - it will make deployments between environments a whole lot easier.

The one problem i have found with it though is that when i 'Refresh from server' on the reports folder the changes aren't picked up within Eclipse.

This only seems to happens with reports as i have succesfully updated triggers, classes and a few other components.

The only way i can get the changes from the server to Eclipse is by deleting the Force.com project and re-creating it which is not something i intend doing on a regular basis.

Has anyone else noticed this problem and if so are there any ways to force the refresh on the reports folder?

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers/ 

Hi,

I am trying tp develop one Pagination framework along with Filtering and Sorting Utility incorporated in it. I need to make it generalized for any sObject.

Say, i'm using it for Product2 object andthus  one method returns List<Product2>. In another case, sObject is OpportunityProducts(some custom object) and hence, the method should return List<OpportuinityProducts>..

Can anyone please tell me how to achieve this?

Thanks in advance,

Suvra

• August 10, 2009

Hi All,

I have an Approval Process created for my custom object.

I am assigned as an Approver for the same.

I want to know, are there any settings to enable myself to see "Items to approve" list on my Homepage?

Any help will be great.

Thanks

Is there a way to sort or prioritize how workflow rules are created?  I would like a certain rule to be evaluated before all others?

Thanks,

Todd B.

Has anyone got this able to work?

I was told by eWay support that we create a form for customers to fill out, that form then populates an object in salesforce, and then we manually process the payment.

Where do I even begin to get this started? I have an eWay account and all that setup. I'm just to the point of needing to know how to start accepting payments. 

I am trying to create a complex nested IF formula, but I keep getting an error 'invalid parameters'.  Can anyone see what is incorrect?

IF (ISPICKVAL(StageName, "Closed Won"),
IF( Qualifier__c <> OwnerId ,
IF(
Users__c<20,150,
IF(
Users__c<50,300,
IF(
Users__c<100,750,
IF(
Users__c>=100,1500,0
)
)
)
)
),
)

I want to create an opprtunity trigger but wheni go to Customze| Opportunities|Triggers

I don't see a new or create button

Am i blind??

Hi,

I want to delete all meta-data components which I deployed from Force.com IDE. Is there any ways to clear org? 

Regards,

Ankur

I've tried a couple solutions found on the boards but I always seem to get CANNOT_INSERT_UPDATE.. error when I try to update a field on a parent object from a ''after update'' or ''after insert'' trigger on the child (''before update'' or ''before insert'' doesn't work).

I've put an quick example of how I've made my trigger:

trigger opp_update on Child_Object__c (after update, after insert) {

for( Child_Object__c child: Trigger.new){
 ID parent_ID= child.Opportunity__c;

Opportunity opp_to_update= [select field_to_update__c from Opportunity where id =: parent_ID];
 opp_to_update.
field_to_update__c = 7777;

update opp_to_update;
 }

}

Does someone have a quick tip to help me solve this?

Hi. I'm a newbie, so this may be a simple question to answer.

I have 2 custom objects: an Application (e.g. for a mortgage), and Client, connected by a lookup relationship. An application can have 1 or more Clients, and the Client includes fields First_Name & Surname (Text, External ID) and ApplicationLUP (Lookup(Application)).

When I click on my Applications tab and search for an Application in the search field (left hand bar), I'd like to be able to search by name of the child Client, first name or surname,as well as Application ID. So searching for "Smith" will return me all Applications with a Client named Smith. How is this done?

Many thanks!

Richard

I'm really new in this and would appreciate any pointers. I read through examples but still not sure how to proceed. TIA.

/*** Controller ***/
public class MyControllerExtension {

private final Opportunity oppor;

public myControllerExtension (ApexPages.StandardController stdController) {
        Id id = ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('Id');

oppor = (id == null) ? new Opportunity() :
                [
                 SELECT Id, StageName, Account_Region__c                

FROM Opportunity
                 WHERE Id = :id
                ];
    }

public Opportunity getOpportunity() {

return oppor;

}

public String getButtonState() {

if(oppor.Account_Region__c == 'UK') {
            if(oppor.StageName == 'Closed Won') {
               return 'False';
            } else {
              return 'True';
            }
        } else {
            return 'True';
        }
    }   

}

/*** TEST ***/

@isTest
private class TestMyControllerExtension {

static testMethod void TestMyControllerExtension() {

ApexPages.StandardController stdController;
        MyControllerExtension mce = new MyControllerExtension(stdController);

Opportunity oppor = mce.getOpportunity();

oppor.StageName = 'Closed Won';
        oppor.Account.Region__c = 'UK';

System.assertEquals(mce.getButtonState(),'False');

}

}

Message Edited by jlim on 07-27-2009 02:49 PM
  • July 27, 2009

Hello - I am working on the Developer Guide project and exercises and I'm not able to see one of the custom objects that I created which is housing data.  The project calls for building a custom application, the Recruiting App, for Universal Containers (the fictitious company).  There are 3 related objects that are the subject of my problems.  The Job Application object is a custom object that is a junction object between the Candidate and Position objects, which are Master Objects for the Job Application object.  Though I can see all of the object information for Job Application object through the Setup menu, it does not show up at all in the Apex Explorer or Force.com IDE Schema viewer.  I use the Apex Explorer and the Eclipse Force.com IDE to build and test SOQL queries and find fields and relationships I need to access in Apex Classes.  Is there some setting that some how got set to hide this information?  OR does anyone have any idea how I can resolve it? 

Additional information... I have followed the Load Instructions from the Code Share for this project for every chapter, which involves running an Ant Based Force.com Migration tool to load files and packages into the Force.com application before every chapter.  I found and fixed several unpublished errors with this Code Share project.  It seems to function fine in every other way, except I cannot see the Job Application relationship and fields from the Candidate and Position objects. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks,SCR

Message Edited by SCR on 07-25-2009 07:55 PM
Message Edited by SCR on 07-25-2009 07:57 PM
  • July 26, 2009

I would like to create a have a "new" button on the lookup layout for custom objects (just like the lookup for the Accounts object). How would you do this?

Thanks