• Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi there

an application that is integrated with Salesforce for our organisation polls contacts periodically for any changes.

The developers of that app advise they are using getUpdated(objType, startTime, endTime); to do this.

Unfortunately their app does not distinguish between record types which means if I do a mass update of contacts for another department, it lags the other app.

Is there a way for them to use getUpdated() with recordtypeid to limit the update to specific records only?

Thanks!

Roz 

• November 26, 2009

Hi!

We previously used the SF web-to-lead functionality for our web-to-leads.  Notifications were working fine.

We have since upgraded our website and the new webforms get passed to Salesforce as Leads using API calls.

The new leads are going to the correct queues in Salesforce... all the fields map correctly.  However, the notification emails are not being fired off, even though they are set up to do so.

Is there some additional code that needs to be added to the webforms for these notifications to work in Salesforce?  Or am I missing something else?

Thank you for your assistance.

Roz 

• July 01, 2009

Hi there

VERY new to SOQL, though I have some knowledge of SQL.

Am getting an unexpected token error with the following query:

SELECT Id, Name, class_begin_date__c, class_end_date__c, class_location__c FROM Class__c
WHERE class_begin_date__c = 01/01/2008
AND class_end_date__c = 01/01/2009

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I will eventually be including something similar in a Visualforce page which will allow people to refine search results based on To and From dates they enter.

Thanks. :robothappy:

Roz

• February 19, 2009
Hi there

There is an Age field available on Opportunity reports. 

We are trying to find it to see how it is calculated, but can't find it anywhere.

Is it just a calculated field on the report?  If so, how do we find out how it calculates?

Thanks.

Roz
  • January 15, 2009
Hi there

I recently added some new values to a multi-select picklist.

The values are all showing in the picklist for all record types, however, in the actual page, the values are not showing up in the drop-down box.

Any advice appreciated!

:smileysad:
  • December 17, 2008

Hi there

an application that is integrated with Salesforce for our organisation polls contacts periodically for any changes.

The developers of that app advise they are using getUpdated(objType, startTime, endTime); to do this.

Unfortunately their app does not distinguish between record types which means if I do a mass update of contacts for another department, it lags the other app.

Is there a way for them to use getUpdated() with recordtypeid to limit the update to specific records only?

Thanks!

Roz 

• November 26, 2009

Hi All,

I want to fill the data in picklist by using query or want to fill the data from custom objects. how do I do??

And also in My Application there are two picklists. so based on the first selection I want to fill the second Picklist.

I know about "Field Dependency" option.But that is again Static. I want to fill it dynamically.

I want to do it By AJAX. Is it possible??

Thanks in Advance,

Brijesh Thakur 

Hi there

There is an Age field available on Opportunity reports. 

We are trying to find it to see how it is calculated, but can't find it anywhere.

Is it just a calculated field on the report?  If so, how do we find out how it calculates?

Thanks.

Roz
  • January 15, 2009
Hi there

I recently added some new values to a multi-select picklist.

The values are all showing in the picklist for all record types, however, in the actual page, the values are not showing up in the drop-down box.

Any advice appreciated!

:smileysad:
  • December 17, 2008
I'm looking for a method to format a datestamp field into a dd/mm/yyyy field.
The object we're refferencing is the default Opportunity object.

Currently returns:
Start Date:Tue Nov 25 00:00:00 GMT 2008
Would like it to return:
25/11/2008
The code for this is:
Start Date:{!relatedTo.EngagementStartDate__c}<br />

Anyone have any ideas? Everyone says to use the get, methods on a date, but our sforce resource stated that I can't do that in a template or merge document.

Regards,
N

PS
While we're here, I'd like to also merge in information of the Primary Contact. I know this is a one line requirement that has a whole slew of problems, but my alternative is writing a trigger that populates a new lookup field with the primary contact and using that field to drill to various pieces of information, this is a REALLY cumbersome solution, I'd rather call on the related contact roles list, but accounting the resource, if/else functions don't work on that list.

Message Edited by Nonick on 11-26-2008 05:24 PM
  • November 27, 2008
Hey,

Basic question re. web-to-lead.  If the Web-to-Lead form (as generated by Setup->Customize->Leads->Web-to-Lead->Create Web-to-Lead Form) is populated by a 3rd party website, then does it suffice to post it to the URL

https://test.salesforce.com/servlet/servlet.WebToLead?encoding=UTF-8" method="POST"

(or "www.salesforce.com", or whatever)

with the Org Id specified in the form

<input type=hidden name="oid" value="orgId">

Wouldn't there need to also be some sort of authentication?  If not - wouldn't it suffice to just change the orgId in the above, and have your Leads suddenly directed to a whole other org?

Clearly I'm missing something.  Can anybody set me straight on this?

Thanks!
  • October 24, 2008