• 50 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Each Survey, Question within the Survey, Response within the survey, and Survey Taker are all stored as records within unique objects.  This becomes pretty difficult for us to report on specific answers within a survey.

For example, if we create a survey asking:

Question #1)  What's was wrong with our product?

- wrong shape

- wrong size

- wrong color

Question #2) Please give details on your response above: 

- "Herp Derp"

Problem:  Because each question and answer is it's own unique record within it's own unique object, I haven't been able to create a reporting filter to only show answers/details from Question #2 about what's wrong with the Answer from Question #1 (IE: "Shape"), because it will only return the value from Question #1... IE: "wrong shape".  Including both questions in a report means you lose graphing capabilities, as well, since every single #2 response is a unique value... :smileyindifferent:

I hope there's a quick workaround for this.  I have a feeling I'm laser-beaming into this issue and can't step back to see the easy solution.  Any advice?  :smileyhappy:

We created a custom Case field formula to display "CreatedBy.Division" -- this helps us know which Division (Call Center) created the case.

Unfortunately, our W2C cases are stamped with our 'System' user/division.  Any suggestions on modifying this formula to use the Division of the person who later modified or closed the Case?  I was looking to use the ISCHANGED function (similar to Validation Rules), but no dice...

Thanks!

We have a few dependent picklists for our cases, and the dependent picklist chains all start with the "Type" field.  We just implemented multiple Case Record Types to help us keep our 'Type' field (and it's dependent picklists) tidy.  We have a 1-to-1 direct relationship between our Case Record Types and Types --> IE: Case Record Type "Presales" only has 1 Type, also "Presales".

Unfortunately, when a user clicks the <CHANGE> link next to the Case Record Type and changes the Record Type, the "Type" dependent picklist doesn't automatically change to the new and users can incorrectly save say, a 'Presales' cases as a 'Technical' type.

I thought about putting in a Validation Rule but I'm having a hard time finding where/how to make a Validation Rule on the Case Record Type.

I could very well be going about the root of this problem completely backwards, too.  Any ideas?

We've created a Custom Case Button (URL) that's available from Case Related Lists on our Custom Product Details Page.  

/500/e?cas3={!CustomProduct__c.Customer_Account__c}&cas3_lkid={!CustomProduct__c.Customer_AccountId__c}&retURL=%2F{!CustomProduct__c.Customer_AccountId__c}

It's pre-populating the Contact Info into the Case just fine, but when we click Save the following error is displayed: 

Unable to Access Page
Invalid parameter value "Bob Jones" for parameter "cas3". 

Error: The value of the parameter specified above contains a character that is not allowed or the value exceeds the maximum allowed length. Remove the character from the parameter value or reduce the value length and re-submit. If the error still persists, please report it to our Customer Support team and provide the URL of the page you were requesting as well as any other related information. 

We use 'Person Accounts' in our implementation and I'm concerned that might be causing our issue here, but the fact that it pre-populates just fine makes me wonder.  Any other ideas of what might be going wrong here?  Thanks!

Hey there,

We're building a new Case Custom Button (available in a related list from the Product detail page) but when it's used it's skipping the Select Case Record Type screen.

I've seen a bunch of posts advising people on how to create VF pages to skip the Select Case Record Type screen, but we seem to have the opposite problem.

Here's our code, just in case:

/500/e?cas3={!CustomProduct__c.Customer_Account__c}&cas3_lkid={!CustomProduct__c.Customer_AccountId__c}&retURL=%2F{!CustomProduct__c.Customer_AccountId__c}

Any idears?  Thanks! 

Not sure if anyone else is seeing this, but Formula Fields in our Sandbox are compiling to be 2-3 times larger than they should be.

A formula that compiles to 1600 characters in our PROD environment will compile to 5100 characters in our Sandbox (TOO LARGE). 

Formula example that's compiling incorrectly (Text Formula): 

IF(AND(LEN(SLA_Number__c)<>0, SMEC_Date__c - TODAY()>0), "1", IF(AND(LEN(SLA_Number__c)<>0, X90__c - TODAY()>0), "2", IF(AND(LEN(SLA_Number__c)=0, X90__c - TODAY()>0),"2", IF(AND(LEN(SLA_Number__c)=0, HW_Date__c - TODAY()>0), "3", "4"))))

Originally, I was using the above formula to return IMAGE (instead of 1/2/3/4), and couldn't get it to shrink small enough.  Using examples on the discussion boards I then split it into 2 separate formulas but it still wouldn't compile small enough.  Eventually, I tried posting my formula in a new PROD field and realized I was reinventing the wheel the last 3 hours for nothing.  Grr!  Filed Case number 03262363 with Salesforce Support.

Message Edited by Mr Sling on 01-27-2010 04:46 PM

We're trying to track FCR a bit better than the default "age < 24 hours" case report.  We'd like to be able to filter out cases that have ever been re-opened (Changed from "Closed - Resolved" to "In Progress"), or create a case formula "FCR" field that tracks:

Case age > 24 --> FCR = "0" or "False"

Case age < 24 --> FCR = "1" or "True"

Case Status ever changed from "Closed" to "In Progress" --> FCR = "0" or "False"

Or, if there's any simpler way to do this that I haven't considered, why reinvent the wheel?  :-) 

Many thanks!

Mark 

We have a date field that calculates the 90 day support expiration date and were hoping to have the date displayed in color, IE:

if product was purchased within 90 days

if product was purchased > 90 days ago

<apex:column >
<apex:facet name="header">
<B>90 Day Exp Date</B>
</apex:facet>
<apex:outputField value="{!ourORG.customPRODUCT.X90_Day_Date__c}"/>
</apex:column>

I've been trying to research putting the logic/color into the 'outputField' line of our VF page...  Alternatively, I  looked into a custom formula field to compare the dates between DOP and Today's date to check for the 90 day logic and display a different image to indicate warranty status.

Which is possible in VF, or am I going about this all wrong?  :smileyhappy:

We have also considered a 3rd color to indicate that the product has a purchased support agreement (IE: value exists in another field)... But, we'd be happy just to get going with the simpler version above as a launch pad.

Many thanks in advance..

We hired a company to help us get up and running last year with a bunch of custom pages in Salesforce.  Since then, we've taught ourselves enough Visualforce/APEX to keep us going along the way.  We have quite a few dependent picklists, which I understand are a bit tricky and our implementation seems much different than the other threads I've seen discussed on the Force.com boards.

I don't see any picklists mapped-out in APEX or Visualforce in our code, but I do see references in our Visualforce pages to a stored Yahoo User Interface archive, and the following items in the header of our (most customized) Visualforce page:

<apex:page id="pg" standardController="Case" extensions="CaseExtension"> <script type="text/javascript" src="{!URLFOR($Resource.yui,'yui/yahoo-min.js')}"></script> <script type="text/javascript" src="{!URLFOR($Resource.yui,'yui/event-min.js')}"></script> <script src="/static/013008/js/spch.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/servlet/servlet.picklist?h=2qV2A8XbaXzo8W5cJnASp%2FLOK6TB%2BPWiddh%2B5weChP8%3D&v=1223385679000&layout=00h40000001KlWp&l=1&record=012400000009WS0&pr=1.23&t=0" type="text/javascript"></script> <script type="text/javascript" src="/soap/ajax/13.0/connection.js" /> <script src="/static/013008/js/picklist.js" type="text/javascript"/> <script type="text/javascript"> <!-------------------------------------Prepare Dependent PickLists-------------------------------->

If I create a URL out of the "/servlet" source above, such as:
na2.salesforce.com/servlet/servlet.picklist?h=2qV2A8XbaXzo8W5cJnASp%2FLOK6TB%2BPWiddh%2B5weChP8%3D&v=1223385679000&layout=00h40000001KlWp&l=1&record=012400000009WS0&pr=1.23&t=0

I find my dependent picklist mappings!

Our question is -- we need to add new fields to the dependent picklist mappings, and those new fields aren't honoring the dependencies if when added to our Visualforce page (both in the 'prepare dependent picklists' section and adding new fields to the layout'.  So, how do we go about decoding the 'URL' above to put in the new dependent picklists? (Is it something to do with the 'layout' ID listed in the URL?)

Apologies if this should be posted to the 'Java' area...

Thanks!

We are getting the following error when saving a value in one of our custom objects (RMA), but only in our Sandbox which is running the new Summer 09 release. This error is not occurring in our production environment which is running Spring 09.

"System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0 with id a0BR0000001XEhfMAG; first error: INVALID_FIELD_FOR_INSERT_UPDATE, cannot specify Id in an insert call: [Id]

Class.RMANumberController.saveRmaNumber: line 15, column 10 External entry point "

The code for both the "RMANumberController" Apex Class and the "AddRMANumber" Visualforce page haven't changed in 8 months, so we're unsure why this is happening now. We have played with the the code in our custom Case view (Visualforce page) but that only 'displays' the RMA value and doesn't modify it.

This issue did not occur as recently as 2-3 weeks ago, but I just noticed it today.

Hi there,

<back history>  To calculate support eligibility, we have a custom formula field that needs to get populated with the latter of 2 dates (Date of Purchase vs. Date Registered) + 90 days. 

We're having a problem with the following formula:

X90_Day_Date__c = IF(firstUseTimestamp__c > DateOfPurchase__c, firstUseTimestamp__c, DateOfPurchase__c) + 90

The formula works GREAT and the X90_Day_Date field is populated correctly if there are date values in both fields.  Also, the formula works if the Date of Purchase field has a value and the other is blank, but won't populate if the firstUseTimestamp_c field is blank.

I've toggled blank field handling between zero and null, to no luck. 

I think I'm on the right track, but might need to wrap this in another IF statement (if value is blank/null)...?

Any help would be greatly appreciated... Thanks!

Hi All,

Our group is relatively new to Salesforce, which we're using for our Tier 1 Call Centers.  We've quickly come across some limitations in 'counting' records when running reports.  I've seen other posts mentioning that it wasn't (easily) possible to get the percentages of total counts in a report, but after seeing the new PARENTGROUPVAL introduced in Spring 09, I gave it a go:

In a report, create a new Custom Summary Formula:

RowCount / PARENTGROUPVAL(RowCount, GRAND_SUMMARY)

FYI - At the "Where will this formula be displayed?" section, PARENTGROUPVAL is only available at the "Grouping 1" level (not at the 'all summary' or 'grand summary' levels), which makes sense.

I haven't seen much of anything else mentioned about PARENTGROUPVAL just yet, but I'm curious if anyone else has found easier ways to calculate similar percentages, with our without this function.

Cheers!

Mark
Message Edited by Mr Sling on 02-25-2009 03:04 PM
We've created a Custom Case Button (URL) that's available from Case Related Lists on our Custom Product Details Page.  

It's pre-populating the Contact Info into the Case just fine, but when we click Save the following error is displayed: 

Unable to Access Page
Invalid parameter value "Bob Jones" for parameter "cas3". 

Error: The value of the parameter specified above contains a character that is not allowed or the value exceeds the maximum allowed length. Remove the character from the parameter value or reduce the value length and re-submit. If the error still persists, please report it to our Customer Support team and provide the URL of the page you were requesting as well as any other related information. 

We use 'Person Accounts' in our implementation and I'm concerned that might be causing our issue here, but the fact that it pre-populates just fine makes me wonder.  Any other ideas of what might be going wrong here?  Thanks!

Hey there,

We're building a new Case Custom Button (available in a related list from the Product detail page) but when it's used it's skipping the Select Case Record Type screen.

I've seen a bunch of posts advising people on how to create VF pages to skip the Select Case Record Type screen, but we seem to have the opposite problem.

Here's our code, just in case:

Any idears?  Thanks! 

Hopefully this is a simple question.  Looking to have a button on Contracts layout that will create a new instance of an Asset with assigned values.  Specifically the contract number and account name already populated based on the values (Account name and contract number) in the contract.

Current method in place will populate one of the numbers (but not both) and force the user to pick from a generated filtered search (Beta stuff under buttons).  Not bad for starters, however this leaves room for error and becomes very slow when number of accounts/contracts becomes large.

I am now starting down the VisualForce path to see if this is what I need to do

Suggestions?

Not sure if anyone else is seeing this, but Formula Fields in our Sandbox are compiling to be 2-3 times larger than they should be.

A formula that compiles to 1600 characters in our PROD environment will compile to 5100 characters in our Sandbox (TOO LARGE). 

Formula example that's compiling incorrectly (Text Formula): 

IF(AND(LEN(SLA_Number__c)<>0, SMEC_Date__c - TODAY()>0), "1", IF(AND(LEN(SLA_Number__c)<>0, X90__c - TODAY()>0), "2", IF(AND(LEN(SLA_Number__c)=0, X90__c - TODAY()>0),"2", IF(AND(LEN(SLA_Number__c)=0, HW_Date__c - TODAY()>0), "3", "4"))))

Originally, I was using the above formula to return IMAGE (instead of 1/2/3/4), and couldn't get it to shrink small enough.  Using examples on the discussion boards I then split it into 2 separate formulas but it still wouldn't compile small enough.  Eventually, I tried posting my formula in a new PROD field and realized I was reinventing the wheel the last 3 hours for nothing.  Grr!  Filed Case number 03262363 with Salesforce Support.

Message Edited by Mr Sling on 01-27-2010 04:46 PM

We're trying to track FCR a bit better than the default "age < 24 hours" case report.  We'd like to be able to filter out cases that have ever been re-opened (Changed from "Closed - Resolved" to "In Progress"), or create a case formula "FCR" field that tracks:

Case age > 24 --> FCR = "0" or "False"

Case age < 24 --> FCR = "1" or "True"

Case Status ever changed from "Closed" to "In Progress" --> FCR = "0" or "False"

Or, if there's any simpler way to do this that I haven't considered, why reinvent the wheel?  :-) 

Many thanks!

Mark 

Hey Folks,

I could use some direction...

I have been asked to show in a field the current number of open cases for any account on the page layout and in reports and dashboards.

Is this a Visualforce solution, Apex, or combination? I tried with a formula field but I did not have access to the cross object related data.

Thanks for the help.

Doug

• September 09, 2009

We have a date field that calculates the 90 day support expiration date and were hoping to have the date displayed in color, IE:

if product was purchased within 90 days

if product was purchased > 90 days ago

<apex:column >
<apex:facet name="header">
<B>90 Day Exp Date</B>
</apex:facet>
<apex:outputField value="{!ourORG.customPRODUCT.X90_Day_Date__c}"/>
</apex:column>

I've been trying to research putting the logic/color into the 'outputField' line of our VF page...  Alternatively, I  looked into a custom formula field to compare the dates between DOP and Today's date to check for the 90 day logic and display a different image to indicate warranty status.

Which is possible in VF, or am I going about this all wrong?  :smileyhappy:

We have also considered a 3rd color to indicate that the product has a purchased support agreement (IE: value exists in another field)... But, we'd be happy just to get going with the simpler version above as a launch pad.

Many thanks in advance..

We are getting the following error when saving a value in one of our custom objects (RMA), but only in our Sandbox which is running the new Summer 09 release. This error is not occurring in our production environment which is running Spring 09.

"System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0 with id a0BR0000001XEhfMAG; first error: INVALID_FIELD_FOR_INSERT_UPDATE, cannot specify Id in an insert call: [Id]

Class.RMANumberController.saveRmaNumber: line 15, column 10 External entry point "

The code for both the "RMANumberController" Apex Class and the "AddRMANumber" Visualforce page haven't changed in 8 months, so we're unsure why this is happening now. We have played with the the code in our custom Case view (Visualforce page) but that only 'displays' the RMA value and doesn't modify it.

This issue did not occur as recently as 2-3 weeks ago, but I just noticed it today.

Hi,

I have created some web tabs in the customer portal. I need to open a new window when the user clicks on any of the tabs. The new window should point to the URL that the webtab has been configured for.

Any pointers on how this can be achieved?

thanks

Hi there,

<back history>  To calculate support eligibility, we have a custom formula field that needs to get populated with the latter of 2 dates (Date of Purchase vs. Date Registered) + 90 days. 

We're having a problem with the following formula:

X90_Day_Date__c = IF(firstUseTimestamp__c > DateOfPurchase__c, firstUseTimestamp__c, DateOfPurchase__c) + 90

The formula works GREAT and the X90_Day_Date field is populated correctly if there are date values in both fields.  Also, the formula works if the Date of Purchase field has a value and the other is blank, but won't populate if the firstUseTimestamp_c field is blank.

I've toggled blank field handling between zero and null, to no luck. 

I think I'm on the right track, but might need to wrap this in another IF statement (if value is blank/null)...?

Any help would be greatly appreciated... Thanks!