• 25 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I'm calling the Retrieve statement in which I'm grabbing quite a few fields, many of which are formula fields and lookup fields to other objects.

Lately I've been getting this error (QUERY_TOO_COMPLICATED) but the API documentation doesn't say exactly what makes the query too complicated.

Is there a hard number of calculated fields (or relationship queries) that can be included in a single Retrieve call?  Does it depend on the complexity of the formulas within the calculated fields?

If anyone can shed more details about what contributes to this error, I would be really grateful.

Mike
I'm calling the Retrieve statement in which I'm grabbing quite a few fields, many of which are formula fields and lookup fields to other objects.

Lately I've been getting this error (QUERY_TOO_COMPLICATED) but the API documentation doesn't say exactly what makes the query too complicated.

Is there a hard number of calculated fields (or relationship queries) that can be included in a single Retrieve call?  Does it depend on the complexity of the formulas within the calculated fields?

If anyone can shed more details about what contributes to this error, I would be really grateful.

Mike