• Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi All,

Our customer support agents provide an activation code to our customers when they are activating a piece of equipment.  The activation code is based off of the Asset's serial number, which is in Salesforce.  We use the below chart to decode the serial number:

0->A
1->F
2->T
3->L
4->G
5->P
6->Z
7->N
8->Q
9->S

For example, a serial number might be 12345D.  We drop the "D" and use 12345.  The Activation Code in this case would be FTLGP.

Is there a way to create a Formula Field, Filed Update workflow, etc, to create a filed that decodes this serial number for us automatically?

Thanks!

Hello,

I am new to "customizing" field layouts in Salesforce. I spent about 3 hours on the phone with salesforce customer service only to be directed to developerforce.com because they couldn't figure out the formula. So here goes.

I am trying to create a field that gives the "probability"sum based on "Expected Profit" sales minus the different stages/probability %.  Can anyone help me with this type of formula?

Also :

1. Is there any way to remove an "anchored" field out of a page layout?

2. How do you change the name of a field without screwing everything up that's linked to it?

I'm so confused! someone please help!

Aimee

Is it possible to create a formula that would include a time stamp whenever an an entry is logged in activity history? I want to be able to run a report and pull when calls are being made and emails are being sent.

Thanks for the help!!!!

I am trying to drive better adoption around having reps enter comments, if they made specific changes to 5 fields on an opportunity. This is only if they made a change to any or all these defined fields.

Defined 5 Fields - changes are made to any or all the fields

(Field_1)

(Field_2)

(Field_3)

(Field_4)
(Field_5)

Comment Fields - This is field that needs to updated

(Oppty_Comments)

Lets say the rep makes a change to field 2 and 3, but failed to enter comments before attempting to save the record. How would I write that in a validation so when the user attempts to save the record, it will throw up an error for guidance.

I almost forgot....this applies to any time these fields were changed. That means, if I edited any of these fields on Monday for the first time and got the error msg and completed the comments field...and then came back on Wednesday and edited any of them...the comments field would not be be blank, but I still need them to get the same error to update that fields again with the most recent information.  Hope that mades senses...the net of it is..whether the comments fields is blank or has a value they still should get the error msg if they made a change to defined fields.

Any help would be tremendously appreciated.

Kind regards,

Simply Novice

Message Edited by salaunce on 02-26-2010 01:52 PM

Hi,

I am looking for some guidance on how to change the status of a case to "updated by customer" when the customer sends an email reply to case. This rule cannot fire on the intial email the customer sends to create the case. I'm having difficulty figuring out which criteria I should use in this formula.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• December 04, 2009

I'm trying to create a validation rule that goes "if status = probated, reason field is required"

Here is what I have but when I check syntax it says it is incorrect

AND ( ispickval (Status, "Probated")) AND (LEN (Reason) = 0)

Status is a picklist field and Reason is a text field.

Any help is appreciated.

thanks 

I'll be the first to admit that you experts out there will probably scoff as this is probably quite easy;

But- I created the following Validation rule for a specific set of opportunities and it works. But , all new opportunities are created with this stage "Prospect" and I want this validation rule to be applicable not to new opps but only to those opps where the stage has been changed back to prospect. I've tried prior value and is changed but it's not quite working.

Any ideas?

AND($RecordType.Name = "Master",
$UserRole.Name <> "Marketing",
AND(ISPICKVAL (StageName ,"Prospect")),CASE( Setback__c ,"",1,0 )<>0)

• August 18, 2009

I have a picklist field (color__c) that has 4 possible values (Super Green, Green, Yellow & Red).  I need to show those colors based on the value of the field.

Here's what I have code-wise: 

<h1>Color: {!Support_Scorecard__c.Color_Code__c} </h1>

Here's the formula behind color_code__c: 

IF(ISPICKVAL(color__c, "Super Green"), IMAGE("/servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file=015T00000003eay", "Super Green"), 
IF(ISPICKVAL(color__c, "Green"), IMAGE("/servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file=015T00000003eat", "Green"), 
IF(ISPICKVAL(color__c, "Yellow"), IMAGE("/servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file=015T00000003eao", "Yellow"), 
IF (ISPICKVAL(color__c, "Red"), IMAGE("/servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file=015T00000003eaj", "Red"), 
"No Color Specified"))))

That works just fine in the regular page layout, but doesn't work at all in Visualforce.  What am I missing?

Any help you can offer is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Amber

I'm very new at this so bear with me.

I'm creating a Visualforce page that shows data in a table.  Not in the traditional apex:table sense, but rather one field per cell.

How do I get just the value in the cell?  I don't want the field label (apex:outputfield isn't working).  I've tried the cheat sheet and the component library and nothing looks like it'll get me what I need.  What am I missing?

Thanks,

Amber

I'm new to Visualforce....really new!

I need to allow my users to modify the Owner of an Opportunity but my code isn't working.  Here it is:

<apex:inputField required="true" value="{!opp.owner.name}"/>

When I look at the page with data the Owner is a non-editable field, but all the other fields (with exactly the same code) are editable!

What am I missing?  Is Owner a special field that needs to be handled in a different way?!

Any help you can provide is much appreciated!
Amber

RE: http://developer.force.com/chatter_hackathon

I can't make it to San Jose :smileysad:, but would like to have access to the resources listsed on the Chatter Hackathon page.  Specifically I'm looking for links to the following:

Tutorial #1 and #2 in the Chatter Workbook

The Chatter Cheat Sheet

Thanks,

Amber

Can someone (anyone!?!?) confirm that the Outlook Connector does work with the Partner Portal?

This is a rather urgent need, so feel free to post a short reply.

Thanks,

Amber

Anybody know of an app that would monitor SFDC API traffic usage?  Ideally I'd get a page or a text message when we reaching a configurable limit.

Thanks,

Amber

Please forgive my ignorance, but what are the functionality differences between using Outlook and using Force.com's Connect Offline?

My Sales team already uses Outlook (not integrated yet, and thus this question), so that seems the obvious choice.  I just want to make sure I'm looking at this from the right angle.

Any thoughts, suggestions, warnings or comments are appreciated!
Amber

I'm trying to write a report to calculate activities that happen within a date range.
I have "stopdate" and "startdate" as fields on my Accounts object and I want to do math on those counts.  Here's what I have so far:

last month:   RowCount((MONTH(startdate) = (MONTH(TODAY())-1)) AND ISPICKVAL(Type ,"Full Customer"))
not last month:   RowCount((MONTH(startdate) <> (MONTH(TODAY())-1)) AND ISPICKVAL(Type ,"Full Customer"))

Then I want to do a percentage of total calculation on this: "last month"/ ("last month" + "not last month")

Two problems.

1.) I get a syntax error b/c it says these fields don't exist.  I'm copying the field names from the Fields list on the Accounts object, so I have no idea what it is expecting.
2.) Is my formula workable or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Thanks for any and all advice!
Amber

I have a picklist field (color__c) that has 4 possible values (Super Green, Green, Yellow & Red).  I need to show those colors based on the value of the field.

Here's what I have code-wise: 

<h1>Color: {!Support_Scorecard__c.Color_Code__c} </h1>

Here's the formula behind color_code__c: 

IF(ISPICKVAL(color__c, "Super Green"), IMAGE("/servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file=015T00000003eay", "Super Green"), 
IF(ISPICKVAL(color__c, "Green"), IMAGE("/servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file=015T00000003eat", "Green"), 
IF(ISPICKVAL(color__c, "Yellow"), IMAGE("/servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file=015T00000003eao", "Yellow"), 
IF (ISPICKVAL(color__c, "Red"), IMAGE("/servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file=015T00000003eaj", "Red"), 
"No Color Specified"))))

That works just fine in the regular page layout, but doesn't work at all in Visualforce.  What am I missing?

Any help you can offer is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Amber

I'm very new at this so bear with me.

I'm creating a Visualforce page that shows data in a table.  Not in the traditional apex:table sense, but rather one field per cell.

How do I get just the value in the cell?  I don't want the field label (apex:outputfield isn't working).  I've tried the cheat sheet and the component library and nothing looks like it'll get me what I need.  What am I missing?

Thanks,

Amber

I'm new to Visualforce....really new!

I need to allow my users to modify the Owner of an Opportunity but my code isn't working.  Here it is:

<apex:inputField required="true" value="{!opp.owner.name}"/>

When I look at the page with data the Owner is a non-editable field, but all the other fields (with exactly the same code) are editable!

What am I missing?  Is Owner a special field that needs to be handled in a different way?!

Any help you can provide is much appreciated!
Amber

hi all:

I would apprceiate any help here...

I have this formula that I am doing bacially it is:

If the sum of Exp + Comp >= 10 then it is Tier 1

if it is between 6 and 9 then its 2

if it is between 3-5 its 3

if it is 4 then its sorry not qualified

Here is my formula... I started it check syntax and I got a wierd error message:

Error: Compiled formula is too big to execute (7,776 characters). Maximum size is 5,000 characters

IF(Exp_No_Selected__c+Comp_Selected__c >= 10,'Tier 1', 
IF((Exp_No_Selected__c+Comp_Selected__c  >= 6) && (Exp_No_Selected__c+Comp_Selected__c  <= 9),'Tier 2', '')
)

Can anyone dumb it down for me... Cause I am lost...

Hi All,

Our customer support agents provide an activation code to our customers when they are activating a piece of equipment.  The activation code is based off of the Asset's serial number, which is in Salesforce.  We use the below chart to decode the serial number:

0->A
1->F
2->T
3->L
4->G
5->P
6->Z
7->N
8->Q
9->S

For example, a serial number might be 12345D.  We drop the "D" and use 12345.  The Activation Code in this case would be FTLGP.

Is there a way to create a Formula Field, Filed Update workflow, etc, to create a filed that decodes this serial number for us automatically?

Thanks!

RE: http://developer.force.com/chatter_hackathon

I can't make it to San Jose :smileysad:, but would like to have access to the resources listsed on the Chatter Hackathon page.  Specifically I'm looking for links to the following:

Tutorial #1 and #2 in the Chatter Workbook

The Chatter Cheat Sheet

Thanks,

Amber

hAnyone knows how to make the opportunity stage field asks for update everytime the opportunity is updated

thanks so much!!

Hello,

I am new to "customizing" field layouts in Salesforce. I spent about 3 hours on the phone with salesforce customer service only to be directed to developerforce.com because they couldn't figure out the formula. So here goes.

I am trying to create a field that gives the "probability"sum based on "Expected Profit" sales minus the different stages/probability %.  Can anyone help me with this type of formula?

Also :

1. Is there any way to remove an "anchored" field out of a page layout?

2. How do you change the name of a field without screwing everything up that's linked to it?

I'm so confused! someone please help!

Aimee