• 25 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I am looking for some guidance on imedding links to Sharepoint files/ folders inside of a Salesforce object. I am in a project driven business and we are looking at using Sharepoint as a document management solution for our entire organization. Our Sales Managers are the only ones who use Salesforce and inside of each "Opportunity" in Salesforce I would like to imbed a link to a project folder stored in Sharepoint. And to take it a step further, when a "new" Opportunity is created I would like a "Project"  folder to be auto-generated.

Does anyone have any experience with this or know of a vendor that might help us accomplish this?

• April 13, 2010

Can anyone assist me adding the capability of adding a picture to a contact record? One would think I could go to page layout and select an image preview option or something. Support told me I needed to do this using visuaforce. Any help would be appreciated. I tried the picture uploader appexchange but it was failing like everyone else that tried to use the program. Thanks in advance.

Does anyone know a way to group Campaigns into one? Basically, I will create a campaign  (Weekly Email Newsletter) with known primary email addresses, and a second campaign for contacts with secondary email addresses with the ultimate goal of having one campaign be the result of two campaigns combined. This will allow me to send to one person with two email addresses while having one contact record. Anyone have ideas how I can do this? Thanks in advance. - Jeff
I'm looking for the cheapest way for contacts to login and update their campaign memberships and address, phone etc..... Seems clicktools can update SF records directly via a link clicked after recieving email I send but it doesnt give the user ability to authenticate and login whenever they want to update preferences (Standard and custom objects). Any way to use the Self-Service portal and when a user logs in it immedaitely takes them to a update preferences profile page? Just wondering if thats only availble in Customer Portal and not SSP. Open to any and all ideas to accomplish this bottleneck of contacts authenticating and updating their preferences. Any help would be SO appreciated.

Hello

We have some contacts with two and three associated email addresses (Some from bulk import). We want to use (and know to use) primary or other email for one off emails but include both/all email addresses when sending an email to a campaign (i.e one Contact which subscribed to a weekly email campaign with three different email addresses.) Any way to mark an individuals record as primary email, but when campaign is created it will allow me to select which email (prim, sec, third) to use for this person.

Perhaps some custom fields are in order. Perhaps have prim, sec and third emails an availbile field... and on individuals details, there is another section which we manually select which email addresses to use for campaigns.

Email one offs to primary. When sending weekly email, send to primary and third, not secondary and for contact #2 send to primary and secondary. can we target which email address is included in the campaign upon creation?

Does anyone have any idea how one can acomplish this?  

Hello Everyone
I need to customize the contacts page. I want to be able to associate contacts to a campaign(s)  from the contacts page. The idea is driven by the need for - When adding a new contact, associate that contact with an existing campaign. Ideally, a select box with all campaigns which name starts with a CO so it can be associated with the contacts record. Having a box with all campaigns shown is acceptable as a workaround but I'd like to have only camapigns starting with CO be avaialble. Also I can find and enter teh campaign ID to populate this selectable list if neccessary. I dont want to have to go to campaign and then add member. I want to do it from the new contact page. Any ideas on how I can accomplish this? Thanks so much.

I am looking for some guidance on imedding links to Sharepoint files/ folders inside of a Salesforce object. I am in a project driven business and we are looking at using Sharepoint as a document management solution for our entire organization. Our Sales Managers are the only ones who use Salesforce and inside of each "Opportunity" in Salesforce I would like to imbed a link to a project folder stored in Sharepoint. And to take it a step further, when a "new" Opportunity is created I would like a "Project"  folder to be auto-generated.

Does anyone have any experience with this or know of a vendor that might help us accomplish this?

• April 13, 2010
I'm looking for the cheapest way for contacts to login and update their campaign memberships and address, phone etc..... Seems clicktools can update SF records directly via a link clicked after recieving email I send but it doesnt give the user ability to authenticate and login whenever they want to update preferences (Standard and custom objects). Any way to use the Self-Service portal and when a user logs in it immedaitely takes them to a update preferences profile page? Just wondering if thats only availble in Customer Portal and not SSP. Open to any and all ideas to accomplish this bottleneck of contacts authenticating and updating their preferences. Any help would be SO appreciated.

I have a scenario that i'd like to decide between a customer portal or a partenr portal to use with Sites.

I want a Customer/User to be able to register.

Create there own contact info (address, phone, email) and give them the ability to change it.

With a customer portal i can enable user registration but i have no i access to account or contacts.

Where as from a partner portal, i have access to contacts/account but I dont see a way to have them self register.

Any one solved this need before? or have a way around the above limitations ?

Thanks 

Hello Everyone
I need to customize the contacts page. I want to be able to associate contacts to a campaign(s)  from the contacts page. The idea is driven by the need for - When adding a new contact, associate that contact with an existing campaign. Ideally, a select box with all campaigns which name starts with a CO so it can be associated with the contacts record. Having a box with all campaigns shown is acceptable as a workaround but I'd like to have only camapigns starting with CO be avaialble. Also I can find and enter teh campaign ID to populate this selectable list if neccessary. I dont want to have to go to campaign and then add member. I want to do it from the new contact page. Any ideas on how I can accomplish this? Thanks so much.
...Operating On0032000000CMwSH

Javascript error shown on page, exception thrown but not not handled.

Any help would be appreciated as i think this would be a very useful feature.

Many thanks,

Wayne