• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have two objects. Preplanning__c and Touch__c. Preplanning belongs to Touch. I want to create a new Preplanning record from the Touch record and have the Touch ID automatically inserted in the form. When I try to use my own custom Visualforce form this doesn't work.

Here's my visualforce form ...

<apex:page standardController="Preplanning__c" id="thePage"> <apex:form > <apex:pageBlock id="thePageBlock"> <apex:pageMessages /> <apex:pageBlockButtons > <apex:commandButton value="Save" action="{!save}"/> <apex:commandButton value="Cancel" action="{!cancel}"/> </apex:pageBlockButtons> <apex:pageBlockSection title="Information" columns="1"> <apex:outputField value="{!Preplanning__c.Touch__c}" /> <apex:inputField value="{!Preplanning__c.Who_is_the_carrier__c}" /> <apex:inputField value="{!Preplanning__c.Is_it_bundled_or_unbundled__c}" /> </apex:pageBlockSection> </apex:pageBlock> </apex:form> </apex:page>

This works fine when using this form for editing the record, just not inserting. And I can see that the value is passed on the URL?? I don't get it, I figure I must be missing something basic as this should be straight forward.

Thanks.

My system is behind a firewall and I've had to set my proxy in Eclipse and that all works fine except for when I try to run anything in the "Execute Anonymous" tab.

I believe this is due to the proxy set in Eclipse not being picked up as it has the same response as it was trying without setting the proxy.

Anyone else come across this issue?

The errors I get are:

first a window titled
"Exception Occurred"
com.sforce.ws.ConnectionException

Then further details in the results box show:

DEBUG LOG
Failed to send request to https://na6-api.salesforce.com/services/Soap/s/14.0/510300D80000000M1cv
I have a visualforce email template which looks like so:

<messaging:emailTemplate subject="A High Touch record has been assigned to you" recipientType="User" relatedToType="Touch__c">
<messaging:plainTextEmailBody>

The following High Touch record has been assigned to you.

{!recipient.Name}
Account: {!relatedTo.Account__c}
Type: {!relatedTo.Type__c}
Contact Name: {!relatedTo.Contact_Name__c}
Contact Phone: {!relatedTo.Contact_Phone__c}
Contact Email: {!relatedTo.Contact_Email__c}
Company News: {!relatedTo.Company_News__c}
Notes: {!relatedTo.Notes__c}

</messaging:plainTextEmailBody>
</messaging:emailTemplate>

I want to add a link back to view the custom object record but cannot figure out what to use.

I tried {!Touch__c.Link} (among many other things) but this does not work. Any suggestions?

I have two objects. Preplanning__c and Touch__c. Preplanning belongs to Touch. I want to create a new Preplanning record from the Touch record and have the Touch ID automatically inserted in the form. When I try to use my own custom Visualforce form this doesn't work.

Here's my visualforce form ...

<apex:page standardController="Preplanning__c" id="thePage"> <apex:form > <apex:pageBlock id="thePageBlock"> <apex:pageMessages /> <apex:pageBlockButtons > <apex:commandButton value="Save" action="{!save}"/> <apex:commandButton value="Cancel" action="{!cancel}"/> </apex:pageBlockButtons> <apex:pageBlockSection title="Information" columns="1"> <apex:outputField value="{!Preplanning__c.Touch__c}" /> <apex:inputField value="{!Preplanning__c.Who_is_the_carrier__c}" /> <apex:inputField value="{!Preplanning__c.Is_it_bundled_or_unbundled__c}" /> </apex:pageBlockSection> </apex:pageBlock> </apex:form> </apex:page>

This works fine when using this form for editing the record, just not inserting. And I can see that the value is passed on the URL?? I don't get it, I figure I must be missing something basic as this should be straight forward.

Thanks.

Me again with my GP_Bill_Item. I now have a VF page and an extension class and new/edit has been replaced for the SOBject and it all works great.

Now, there is a related list of bill items on the case page layout (for all the bill items for that case) and there is a "factory" New button which when clicked calls my page by default (since New has been overriden with my page). I see that case's ID is embedded in the URL of the page call (bold italic):

apex/Page_BillItem?CF00N70000001gTH4=1018617&CF00N70000001gTH4_lkid=500S0000000nvZx&scontrolCaching=1&retURL=/500S0000000nvZx

but as far as I can see it does not set the GP_Bill_Item.Case__c field automatically. Is there a way to reach this value from somewhere? I would rather not guess at the querystring name as it does not seem very "friendly" (italic) or for that matter stable. I need all this so I can lockdown the account/case field if invoked from a specific case.

Message Edited by mmix on 02-02-2009 06:04 AM
  • February 02, 2009
My system is behind a firewall and I've had to set my proxy in Eclipse and that all works fine except for when I try to run anything in the "Execute Anonymous" tab.

I believe this is due to the proxy set in Eclipse not being picked up as it has the same response as it was trying without setting the proxy.

Anyone else come across this issue?

The errors I get are:

first a window titled
"Exception Occurred"
com.sforce.ws.ConnectionException

Then further details in the results box show:

DEBUG LOG
Failed to send request to https://na6-api.salesforce.com/services/Soap/s/14.0/510300D80000000M1cv
I have a visualforce email template which looks like so:

<messaging:emailTemplate subject="A High Touch record has been assigned to you" recipientType="User" relatedToType="Touch__c">
<messaging:plainTextEmailBody>

The following High Touch record has been assigned to you.

{!recipient.Name}
Account: {!relatedTo.Account__c}
Type: {!relatedTo.Type__c}
Contact Name: {!relatedTo.Contact_Name__c}
Contact Phone: {!relatedTo.Contact_Phone__c}
Contact Email: {!relatedTo.Contact_Email__c}
Company News: {!relatedTo.Company_News__c}
Notes: {!relatedTo.Notes__c}

</messaging:plainTextEmailBody>
</messaging:emailTemplate>

I want to add a link back to view the custom object record but cannot figure out what to use.

I tried {!Touch__c.Link} (among many other things) but this does not work. Any suggestions?
In my solution "candidate" and "Resume" objects has master-detail relationship.

I am trying to replace the standard "edit" and "Insert" interface of my "Resume" custom object for the obvious reasons "rich text support" and unlike the Resume's standard insert page my VF page (inputField) is not setting the Candidate value of the "Resume" object automatically when i click on the "insert" button in Candidate detail page!

How can fix this?

below is the VF page code:

<apex:page standardController="Resume__c">
<apex:sectionHeader title="Edit Resume" subtitle="{!Resume__c.name}"/>
    <apex:form >
        <apex:pageBlock title="Edit/Insert Resume" id="thePageBlock" mode="edit">
            <apex:pageMessages />
            <apex:pageBlockButtons >
                <apex:commandButton value="Save" action="{!save}"/>
                <apex:commandButton value="Cancel" action="{!cancel}"/>               
            </apex:pageBlockButtons>

<apex:pageBlockSection title="Basic Information">
                    <apex:inputField value="{!Resume__c.name}" required="true"/>
                    <apex:inputField value="{!Resume__c.Candidate__c}"/>
           </apex:pageBlockSection>

<apex:pageBlockSection title="Resume Content" columns="1">
            <div style="background-color: #FFFFFF; height:100%; width:100%;">
                <apex:inputTextarea value="{!Resume__c.Content__c}" required="true" richText="true"></apex:inputTextarea>
            </div>
            </apex:pageBlockSection>
        </apex:pageBlock>

</apex:form>
</apex:page>