• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I built a Visualforce email template and need to have a logo displayed in the header. I have something like this:

<apex:image id="Logo" value="{!$Resource.Logo}" width="250" height="50" />

The image shows in Salesforce, in the HTML preview, but it does not show in the actual email.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

• January 05, 2010

Hi,

I have two custom objects and need to populate a field on the page for one of them with the value of the field from the other page (when I navigate from one page to another). I created a PageReference object that I use to redirect to the second page. The redirect works, but I can't populate the field on the second page with the value from the first page. The problem that I'm having is that the URL requires the ID of the field (I've tried using the API name of the field but didn't work) and I can't find a way to retrieve it. I don't want to hardcode the ID of the field, because it will change when I move the code to another environment.

I used Schema.DescribeSObjectResult to get the object ID for the second page, and tried to use the Schema.DescribeFieldResult to get the field ID, but couldn't get it to work.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

• December 22, 2009

I need to validate the value of an InputText, which stores a number type field, i.e. if it's blank or null  I need to show an error message: 'you have to enter a number between 0 and 100'. The problem is that the value of the field seems to never be null or blank, although on the page looks like it is. Its value is actually 0, so I can't use the "field to be < 0 or field == null or field == '' as a criteria to show the error message.

How can I prompt a user to enter a value greater or equal to 0, when the field shows nothing on the screen and they click on Save (and the value of the field is actually 0, but they don't see it)?

Thank you

• November 06, 2009

I have a custom object and want to add its ID field to a related list of another object. I do this in apex code (I can't make it a lookup field). What I need also is to make the ID field a hyperlink to take the user to the tab of the object to which is part of.

Can anybody, please, tell me how to do this?

Thank you for your help. 

• September 03, 2009

I have a custom object "Test" from which I need to select the records for which a field "Status" of the object has a value 'x' and was changed to this value in a specified date range (previous month from the current month). For this I need to query the history table for that object, to find out when was field "Status" changed to value 'x', and see if the date is in the specified range. I've tried various ways to write the SOQL for this, but none is working.

What I need should look similar to this:

Select a.Last_Name__c, a.First_Name__c, (Select Id, ParentId, CreatedDate, Field, OldValue, NewValue From Histories where Field = 'Test' and NewValue = 'x' and CreatedDate >= 2009-08-01T00:00:00.000Z and CreatedDate < 2009-09-01T00:00:00.000Z) From Test a where a.Status__c = 'x'

Any suggestions are appreciated

Thank you

• September 02, 2009

I am trying to display a field in a standard related list (of a custom object) based on a filtering condition, i.e. make it visible only for specific values of another field. What is the easiest way to do this?

Thanks in advance

• August 26, 2009

I have a custom object (co1) that has a lookup field to another custom object (co2). The co1 object is a related list for another object (co3). I want to display in the related list for co1 a field from the newest record from co2 that is associated with co1.

Is it possible? Or do I need to create a regular field in the co1 object for the field from co2 and update it with the latest data from co2 in code?

Thank you for any suggestions 

• August 24, 2009

Hi,

We have some static data in an Excel spreadheet  (3 fields, about 100 rows), which we want to access from the Apex code. Is it possible to use it as a static resource and access the data by column and row? If not, what other possibilities do we have, besides creating an object to hold the data?

Thank you!

• August 08, 2009

I've created two page layouts for an object and assigned them to two record types. I need to use the two different layouts in the New and Edit actions for the object. How can I use the record types that I created, in order to accomplish this?

Thank you for your help.

• May 29, 2009

Hi,

I have a Visual Force page for the Opportunity object and need to auto populate the contact field on that page with the name of the contact that the opportunity is created for (when the opportunity is created from the Contact page). I know that this is possible when using the standard Opp page.

Is there a way to do this on a custom Opp page?

Thank you!

• February 17, 2009

Hi,

I've created a VisualForce page and want to disable/enable a lookup field dynamically, based on the values selected in a picklist (i.e. when the value is selected in the picklist, I need the lookup field to be enabled or disabled, depending on the selection).

Any ideas on how to implement this?

Thank you!

• February 17, 2009

Hi,

I have two custom objects and need to populate a field on the page for one of them with the value of the field from the other page (when I navigate from one page to another). I created a PageReference object that I use to redirect to the second page. The redirect works, but I can't populate the field on the second page with the value from the first page. The problem that I'm having is that the URL requires the ID of the field (I've tried using the API name of the field but didn't work) and I can't find a way to retrieve it. I don't want to hardcode the ID of the field, because it will change when I move the code to another environment.

I used Schema.DescribeSObjectResult to get the object ID for the second page, and tried to use the Schema.DescribeFieldResult to get the field ID, but couldn't get it to work.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

• December 22, 2009

I have a custom object and want to add its ID field to a related list of another object. I do this in apex code (I can't make it a lookup field). What I need also is to make the ID field a hyperlink to take the user to the tab of the object to which is part of.

Can anybody, please, tell me how to do this?

Thank you for your help. 

• September 03, 2009

I have a custom object "Test" from which I need to select the records for which a field "Status" of the object has a value 'x' and was changed to this value in a specified date range (previous month from the current month). For this I need to query the history table for that object, to find out when was field "Status" changed to value 'x', and see if the date is in the specified range. I've tried various ways to write the SOQL for this, but none is working.

What I need should look similar to this:

Select a.Last_Name__c, a.First_Name__c, (Select Id, ParentId, CreatedDate, Field, OldValue, NewValue From Histories where Field = 'Test' and NewValue = 'x' and CreatedDate >= 2009-08-01T00:00:00.000Z and CreatedDate < 2009-09-01T00:00:00.000Z) From Test a where a.Status__c = 'x'

Any suggestions are appreciated

Thank you

• September 02, 2009

I am trying to display a field in a standard related list (of a custom object) based on a filtering condition, i.e. make it visible only for specific values of another field. What is the easiest way to do this?

Thanks in advance

• August 26, 2009

I have a custom object (co1) that has a lookup field to another custom object (co2). The co1 object is a related list for another object (co3). I want to display in the related list for co1 a field from the newest record from co2 that is associated with co1.

Is it possible? Or do I need to create a regular field in the co1 object for the field from co2 and update it with the latest data from co2 in code?

Thank you for any suggestions 

• August 24, 2009

Hi,

I've created a VisualForce page and want to disable/enable a lookup field dynamically, based on the values selected in a picklist (i.e. when the value is selected in the picklist, I need the lookup field to be enabled or disabled, depending on the selection).

Any ideas on how to implement this?

Thank you!

• February 17, 2009