• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I am coding bulk operations through version 18 of the Bulk API.  A job is submitted with one or more batches.  If a batch fails because it could not be processed the batchInfo result returns the Failed state and puts the reason why the batch was not run in the stateMessage.  That is all good.  However if the batch runs, but one or more records in the batch fails, I don't see how to get the reason why the particular record fails.  Processing the batch results shows that the record failed, but it does not give a reason.  Is there a way to get the error message for a particular row of a batch?

I am coding bulk operations through version 18 of the Bulk API.  A job is submitted with one or more batches.  If a batch fails because it could not be processed the batchInfo result returns the Failed state and puts the reason why the batch was not run in the stateMessage.  That is all good.  However if the batch runs, but one or more records in the batch fails, I don't see how to get the reason why the particular record fails.  Processing the batch results shows that the record failed, but it does not give a reason.  Is there a way to get the error message for a particular row of a batch?

We noticed that in Enterprise and Partner WSDL, it uses UTF-8 as the encoding char set. Is this the only encoding used by Salesforce.com API call? Is there a configuration for us to change this encoding?

Message Edited by TesterInSky on 01-19-2009 07:39 PM