• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have followed the instructions for the migration tool but I can't get it to retrieve my metadata:

sf.metadataType = Report

password="${sf.password}"
serverurl="${sf.serverurl}"
metadataType="${sf.metadataType}"
retrieveTarget="retrieveUnpackaged"/>

bulkRetrieve:

BUILD FAILED
com.sforce.ws.SoapFaultException: null: No folder name specified; must specify a folder name for:Report

resultFilePath="listMetadata.log" />

listMetadata:

BUILD FAILED
com.sforce.ws.SoapFaultException: null: No folder name specified; must specify a folder name for:Report

Any ideas? The test target seems to work fine.

I have recently raised a support request to do with the Force.com IDE (the 'plugin' for eclipse):

I am getting the following messages when I try to fetch a very large 'dashboards' and 'reports' resource using 'Refresh from server' or through "Add/Remove metadata components". LIMIT_EXCEEDED: Too many files retrieved in a single retrieve call, limit is 1500 (LIMIT_EXCEEDED)

I can't find a work around for this. Is there a way to increase this limit or retrieve the resources outside of the API?

---

Having reviewed your screen shot I see that you are using a developer tool and this is not supported by Salesforce

Let me guide you to the following website where you can post your developer question

http://developer.force.com/

---

???

Please see attached.

I looked on developerforce before contacting support, I can't find any
answer to my problem.

---

Yes thanks for this screenshot

But we dont support any coding

This is code that is designed by developers

And NOT Salesforce developers so we wouldnt be able to troubleshoot it
This is why I directed you to the developer website

Perhaps try contacting Eclipse themseleves and they designed it

Hope this helps
But I can be of no further assistance

---

Is this correct? The rep seems to think its a code issue, which it isn't. Its merely an issue with retrieving objects from sf.com. I am quite suprised to be told that the Force.com IDE is not supported by salesforce.

If your trying to run the latest DataLoader 49.0.0 on a Mac with OS 11 (Big Sur) beta it'll only show you blank windows.
This happens also with other Java Apps using older versions of the Eclipse SWT libraries (and is a known issue).
Can we expect a newer version of Data Loader using the latest Eclipsw SWT libraries in the package?

Thx - Andreas
I have followed the instructions for the migration tool but I can't get it to retrieve my metadata:

sf.metadataType = Report

retrieveTarget="retrieveUnpackaged"/>

bulkRetrieve:

BUILD FAILED

resultFilePath="listMetadata.log" />

listMetadata:

BUILD FAILED

Any ideas? The test target seems to work fine.