• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
We are using the future annotation to raise governor limits for Apex Managed Sharing recalculations on object updates.  This works well when doing live testing through the UI, but after writing test methods, it appears that the testing routine does not apply the appropriate increase to the governor limit for soql queries that takes place in the 'live' environment when using the UI.  See below for two snippets of the debug log placed inside the future annotated method.  The first shows the number of queries avaialable when the original trigger is part of a test routine, the second when the same trigger is fired 'for real'.

---

Test class debug results:

20090223145031.385:Class.ManagedSharing.queueRecalcProperty: line 14, column 9: Passing through the future annotated method, 0 of 20 queries used.

Eventual error:

20090223145155.055:Class.ManagedSharing.recalcEsrEvent: line 349, column 70: returning from end of method public static void addRegionClientGroups(MAP:Id,Id, MAP:Id,Id) in 17 ms
System.Exception: Too many SOQL queries: 21

---

UI debug results:

20090223145235.009:Class.ManagedSharing.queueRecalcProperty: line 14, column 9: Passing through the future annotated method, 0 of 100 queries used.

Evenual successs:
Status Success

When I develop Visualforce pages with extensions containing custom saves, the validation rules I've setup will cause errors (e.g. an ugly error page), rather than showing the validation error gracefully on the page.

Have other developers encountered this?  Is there a way to invoke the validation errors and show the errors gracefully in the page rather than displaying an ugly eror page.

Hi, I can't get Salesforce to import dates.  I did my trial import and 5 out of 6 date of births failed.  I have changed the excel formular to be the same as the help and training format of:

m/d/yyyy h:mm AM/PM

but still have issues.

Any help would be VERY appreciated!

Thnaks!

We are using the future annotation to raise governor limits for Apex Managed Sharing recalculations on object updates.  This works well when doing live testing through the UI, but after writing test methods, it appears that the testing routine does not apply the appropriate increase to the governor limit for soql queries that takes place in the 'live' environment when using the UI.  See below for two snippets of the debug log placed inside the future annotated method.  The first shows the number of queries avaialable when the original trigger is part of a test routine, the second when the same trigger is fired 'for real'.

---

Test class debug results:

20090223145031.385:Class.ManagedSharing.queueRecalcProperty: line 14, column 9: Passing through the future annotated method, 0 of 20 queries used.

Eventual error:

20090223145155.055:Class.ManagedSharing.recalcEsrEvent: line 349, column 70: returning from end of method public static void addRegionClientGroups(MAP:Id,Id, MAP:Id,Id) in 17 ms
System.Exception: Too many SOQL queries: 21

---

UI debug results:

20090223145235.009:Class.ManagedSharing.queueRecalcProperty: line 14, column 9: Passing through the future annotated method, 0 of 100 queries used.

Evenual successs:
Status Success