• 75 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have almost gotten my webservice working, first in dev, then in prod, due to the help I've been getting on here. Thanks, Simon!

Last question, I hope: I added a namespace to my webservice so that the package could be managed and now it fails with the error message "No service available for class [CLASSNAME]". I found some posts on here that said to resolve this, I need to add the namespace to my classname.

How? I tried changing the classname in the service, but the package is now managed and therefore won't let me.

I am calling the webservice from C#. I regenerated the WSDL after adding the namespace, and my interface code is generated from the WSDL. I'm not sure where I could add the namespace in this.

Or is there something else going on?

TIA,

I have a need to determine FK relationships programmatically. The goal is to be able to programmatically order data loads so that data needed by later relationships is loaded before-hand. I see on the Apex Explorer that it knows what the relationships are, but I don't see anything in the docs that explains how it knows.

On other databases in the past, I have been able to inspect the foreign key, identify the foreign table, look up the corresponding value, and replace it -- all programmatically. Is this possible for SF? 

Any ideas?

I have an Apex webservice that I developed in one org that I cannot run in another org. I can install it, but I cannot run it. It runs perfectly in its "home" org but I just can't get it to run in any other org.

I was told elsewhere that I have to regenerate the WSDL for the Apex webservice, regenerate the calling application, and then it should work. I'm about to DO that because I've run out of time to do anything else.

My question is, Is it possible to create a single Apex web service that can be installed and run in any org that supports such webservices? If so, how? If not, why not?

TIA,

John

I have a C# application that calls an Apex webservice that I built in a dev org, packaged, and installed in our production org.

The webservice has an 87% test coverage score. The application has been thoroughly tested against the dev org. I created a user in the production org and given that user the exact same rights (as far as I can tell) that I had in my dev org.

When I run the application in our production org, it fails whenever it calls the webservice with the "INVALID_SESSION_ID: Invalid Session ID found in SessionHeader" error.

Please note that this is the identical code in both orgs. The only difference is in the user that makes the call.

What's going on?

TIA,

John

I have almost gotten my webservice working, first in dev, then in prod, due to the help I've been getting on here. Thanks, Simon!

Last question, I hope: I added a namespace to my webservice so that the package could be managed and now it fails with the error message "No service available for class [CLASSNAME]". I found some posts on here that said to resolve this, I need to add the namespace to my classname.

How? I tried changing the classname in the service, but the package is now managed and therefore won't let me.

I am calling the webservice from C#. I regenerated the WSDL after adding the namespace, and my interface code is generated from the WSDL. I'm not sure where I could add the namespace in this.

Or is there something else going on?

TIA,

I have a need to determine FK relationships programmatically. The goal is to be able to programmatically order data loads so that data needed by later relationships is loaded before-hand. I see on the Apex Explorer that it knows what the relationships are, but I don't see anything in the docs that explains how it knows.

On other databases in the past, I have been able to inspect the foreign key, identify the foreign table, look up the corresponding value, and replace it -- all programmatically. Is this possible for SF? 

Any ideas?

I have a C# application that calls an Apex webservice that I built in a dev org, packaged, and installed in our production org.

The webservice has an 87% test coverage score. The application has been thoroughly tested against the dev org. I created a user in the production org and given that user the exact same rights (as far as I can tell) that I had in my dev org.

When I run the application in our production org, it fails whenever it calls the webservice with the "INVALID_SESSION_ID: Invalid Session ID found in SessionHeader" error.

Please note that this is the identical code in both orgs. The only difference is in the user that makes the call.

What's going on?

TIA,

John

I have a custom object with the standard Name field on it. I don't need or want this name field, but I cannot remove it from the layout, cannot remove it from the list view, cannot make it read-only, cannot make it invisible, and cannot make it not-required.

Since I'm stuck with it, I figure I will set a default to it and stash it down with the Created By field so that the user won't be troubled by a field she cannot use.

My plan was to create a custom URL button and set the default that way. I have sample code that works pretty well. The sample code, however, requires that you know the ID of the field you want to default.

How do I find the ID for a Name field? It doesn't show up on the status bar when I hover over the link.

TIA,

John

• February 25, 2009

I have an SF application that I need to package up for production. I have tested it thoroughly and have an 84% score from the Run All Tests button under Setup > Develop > Apex Classes. There are two triggers in the application and I have created a public class with a public static testmethod function to test those triggers. When I click the Run Test button on that class, I get a 95% score back.

So when I go to upload a package from this application, I get these error messages:

• Test coverage of selected Apex Trigger is 0%, at least 1% test coverage is required
  • Test coverage of selected Apex Trigger is 0%, at least 1% test coverage is required
  • Average test coverage across all Apex Classes and Triggers is 56%, at least 75% test coverage is required

Why am I getting a DIFFERENT test coverage score when packaging than when I actually run the tests?

TIA

John

• February 25, 2009