• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hey I am implementing SSO Delegated and have worked through most of it, built the web service etc.. per the example.

Now when I perform the initial post it generates the page posts to

<Form action="https://www.salesforce.com/login.jsp" method="post" name="sfdc">

After that it just shows the  https://login.salesforce.com/ page with the user name and no password and no error message.

My web services is never called from the post. 

But If I key some junk into the password and press enter the web service is then called.  in fact if i adjust my web service to always return true. I can login with the junk password. 

How do you get SF to post back automatically to the web services with the token after the initial post?

Does anyone know it the documentation / example is correct or if SSO works?

User Name:

Password:

Caps Lock is ON!Caps Lock is ON! Remember User Name

User Name:

Password:

Hi,

I need to use delegated authentication to enable single sign on (SS0) when going between an intranet application and SFDC.

I've read the basic How To, but it does not explain how to send credentials to SDFC, nor where to send them. I've done a search on here but couldn't find anything, only a post by someone who said they had found the information in the API and then didn't actually post the answer.

The sample from the API (gotosdfc.aspx) does a post to login.jsp and has some hidden fields but I've been unable to find out in the documentation where the names of these fields are described/explained, so I don't know the full list or what some of them mean (for instance there is no field in the sample for IP address yet this is one of the pieces of information sent back for authentication).

Can someone explain them or post a link to the API reference page where they are explained?

Also, I would like to write the Authenticate web service using WCF and WS-*. Is this supported?

Essentially we have very personal and private data flying down the wire and our tech governance people are unlikely to be fully happy with only transport level security with SSL, they will almost certainly want message level as well.

So, 1. what are the fields that I need to post and where are they described and where do I post them to, and 2. is WCF/wsHttpBinding supported, and if not is there a way for me to do message level security with SFDC.

TIA,

CD

Hey I am implementing SSO Delegated and have worked through most of it, built the web service etc.. per the example.

Now when I perform the initial post it generates the page posts to

<Form action="https://www.salesforce.com/login.jsp" method="post" name="sfdc">

After that it just shows the  https://login.salesforce.com/ page with the user name and no password and no error message.

My web services is never called from the post. 

But If I key some junk into the password and press enter the web service is then called.  in fact if i adjust my web service to always return true. I can login with the junk password. 

How do you get SF to post back automatically to the web services with the token after the initial post?

Does anyone know it the documentation / example is correct or if SSO works?

User Name:

Password:

User Name:

Password:

Hi,

I have done a search and could not find what I was looking for.  Anyways, I am setting up SSO and have encountered some issues.   I have read through the documentation and there seems to be some gaps which I hope I can find the answer to. These are the steps I have already taken:

* Enabled SSO in salesforce

* Created a profile with SSO enabled

* Assigned a user to that profile

* Got a copy of the sample code and made the necessary changes (i.e. the domain name)

* Hosted a copy of the code to a webserver accessible by Salesforce

* Pointed the delegated gateway URL to the above webserver sso.asmx

Now here is the problem

When I access the intranet.aspx page, it goes to the gotosfdc.aspx page and processes for a while.  Then it goes to the salesforce login page and ends there with no username and password in the textboxes.

I have no idea where to look from here. 

Any advice would be great.

Thanks

Eric

• February 20, 2009