• Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

I seem to be missing something here.I am looking at the API for the group object and there is no method to get the Users belonging to that public group.Could anybody please let me know how to go about it.

Hi,

I am trying to checkout one force.com project from one of our sandboxes.But whatever I do it is always returning me

with the following error.The proxy settings are fine under the network settings and i am able to connect to salesforce website from the web browser using the proxy.What other settings do i need to check.Quick help is higly appreciated.

I am using the salesforce partner WSDL and my requirement is to get the RecordType Description from the Case Object. My code is as below

SoapBindingStub binding=sf.getBindingBySessionId(sessionId, sfURL);
String soql="Select c.RecordTypeId From Case c where c.Id='"+caseId+"'";
QueryResult qr2=binding.query(soql);
for (int j = 0; j < qr2.getSize(); j++) {
	SObject record1 = qr2.getRecords()[j];
	MessageElement[] elements1 = record1.get_any();
	if (null != elements1) {
		for (int k = 0; k < elements1.length; ++k) {
			if (elements1[k].getName() == "RecordTypeId") {
				recordTypeId=((String) elements1[k].getValue() == null ? ""
								: (String) elements1[k].getValue());
				break;
			}
		}
	}

}

String soql1="Select r.Description From RecordType r where r.Id='"+recordTypeId+"'";
QueryResult qr=binding.query(soql1);
for (int j = 0; j < qr.getSize(); j++) {
	SObject record1 = qr.getRecords()[j];
	if (null != elements1) {
			System.out.println(elements1[k].getName());
			if (elements1[k].getName() == "Description") {
				caseType=((String) elements1[k].getValue() == null ? ""
			}
		}
	}

}

I am ending up doing 2 queries instead of a single query as RecordType is lookup for the case object.Here when i do a RecordType.Description in my first Query i get only the RecordType object and i am not able to extract Description out of it and hence using the additional second query.

Is there way to use a single query and get the result. I am new to Salesforce and maybe i am missing some Syntax here.Looked up online but could not get any such examples.

I am new to salesforce.My requirement is to show values from an external application in salesforce for which i need to pass some input parameters from salesforce.I am using a i-frame in a VF page and using another VF page as the source for the i-frame as i need to do encoding and validation in the child page.My main page is as below

<apex:page standardController="Case"> <apex:iframe id="xyz" src="/apex/ChildPage"></apex:iframe> </apex:page>

How do i get all the values of the Case object from this page to the ChildPage or can i refer to the parent page from the child page.Any pointers is highly appreacitated

I am trying delete a Custom Field called WorkPhone from the Contact Object through destructiveChanges.xml. using the Ant build I know how to delete objects but not a field in that object.I am not able to find the syntax for the same.Could somebody please help by posting a sample code and the syntax for the same.Thank You in advance

Hi,

I seem to be missing something here.I am looking at the API for the group object and there is no method to get the Users belonging to that public group.Could anybody please let me know how to go about it.

I am using the salesforce partner WSDL and my requirement is to get the RecordType Description from the Case Object. My code is as below

SoapBindingStub binding=sf.getBindingBySessionId(sessionId, sfURL);
String soql="Select c.RecordTypeId From Case c where c.Id='"+caseId+"'";
QueryResult qr2=binding.query(soql);
for (int j = 0; j < qr2.getSize(); j++) {
	SObject record1 = qr2.getRecords()[j];
	if (null != elements1) {
			if (elements1[k].getName() == "RecordTypeId") {
				recordTypeId=((String) elements1[k].getValue() == null ? ""
				break;
			}
		}
	}

}

String soql1="Select r.Description From RecordType r where r.Id='"+recordTypeId+"'";
QueryResult qr=binding.query(soql1);
for (int j = 0; j < qr.getSize(); j++) {
	SObject record1 = qr.getRecords()[j];
	if (null != elements1) {
			System.out.println(elements1[k].getName());
			if (elements1[k].getName() == "Description") {
				caseType=((String) elements1[k].getValue() == null ? ""
			}
		}
	}

}

I am ending up doing 2 queries instead of a single query as RecordType is lookup for the case object.Here when i do a RecordType.Description in my first Query i get only the RecordType object and i am not able to extract Description out of it and hence using the additional second query.

Is there way to use a single query and get the result. I am new to Salesforce and maybe i am missing some Syntax here.Looked up online but could not get any such examples.

I am new to salesforce.My requirement is to show values from an external application in salesforce for which i need to pass some input parameters from salesforce.I am using a i-frame in a VF page and using another VF page as the source for the i-frame as i need to do encoding and validation in the child page.My main page is as below

<apex:page standardController="Case"> <apex:iframe id="xyz" src="/apex/ChildPage"></apex:iframe> </apex:page>

How do i get all the values of the Case object from this page to the ChildPage or can i refer to the parent page from the child page.Any pointers is highly appreacitated