• 125 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I'm using the partner.wsdl to make a soap request from Java to the API to get information about a user based on their session id.  One of the things I'm retrieving is an Org ID to make sure its within a known and trusted set.  Just recently it seems that something may have changed with what is returned from the getOrganizationId() call.  The value returned no longer seems to match the Org ID listed in Salesforce.com under Setup > Company Information.  I am now seeing 3 characters appended to the valid org id string; EA0 in one case and EA2 in another.  Has anyone else seen this? 

Message Edited by efazendin on 06-24-2009 04:36 PM

Can anyone tell me how to create a space in a custom formula? I have created a formula to add the first name and last name in a seperate field but when the data populates there is no space between the first and last name.

For example : It looks like    JOHNSMITH instead of John Smith

Thanks so much!

Jmac6477

The title says it all, really, but here's more detail:

Originally we wanted to make a webservice callout from our custom controller. That's working fine, but SF imposes an arbitrary 100KB limit on the size of any webservice request (or response). So I asked around and discovered that the webservice we need to access also supports HTTP POST requests.

So can I make a HTTP POST request from a VF page controller? If so, how?

TIA,

John

• June 09, 2009

Hi - I'm trying to write code to overwrite Opportunity.Amount with a value caluclated in a calculated field.  I've tried a couple of differnt approaches, but am stumped.

My latest attempt was to write a class with a method that copied the value in a user-defined field to the opportunity.amount field  when the record was saved.  I also tried writing similar code that updates one or more selected records and is executed on a button is clicked from a list page.  This apporach, like the others that I have tried, resulted in an error saying that opportunity.amount is a read-only field.

I'm stumped.

I've had no problem updating and manipulating other standard object fields.  The Oppportunity.Amount field is an important one to contain meaningful data, as it is referenced by SF forecasting and Campaigns.  So far, I am not able to put the values in this field that I would like it to contain. 

I would really appreciate any guidance that is provided about how I can achieve this (or if it is hopeless - which I cannot believe).

Thank you!

Rich

I'm using the partner.wsdl to make a soap request from Java to the API to get information about a user based on their session id.  One of the things I'm retrieving is an Org ID to make sure its within a known and trusted set.  Just recently it seems that something may have changed with what is returned from the getOrganizationId() call.  The value returned no longer seems to match the Org ID listed in Salesforce.com under Setup > Company Information.  I am now seeing 3 characters appended to the valid org id string; EA0 in one case and EA2 in another.  Has anyone else seen this? 

Message Edited by efazendin on 06-24-2009 04:36 PM

Can anyone tell me how to create a space in a custom formula? I have created a formula to add the first name and last name in a seperate field but when the data populates there is no space between the first and last name.

For example : It looks like    JOHNSMITH instead of John Smith

Thanks so much!

Jmac6477

I have defined a Master Detail relationship on 1 table

Table A     (Master Table)

XYZ Hotel          123 Madison Avenue       New York        New York     10016

Table B     (Child Table)   Hotel Type

XYZ Hotel      SPA Hotel

XYZ Hotel      Boutique Hotel

ZYX Hotel      Golf Hotel

I would like to implement Validation rules whereby onSave of new record for Hotel Type, the rule will check if the Type is already defined for this hotel and therefore warn the user. ex. if a user was to create a new Hotel Type for XYZ Hotel and by mistake selects Golf hotel again, it will not accept that entry and show the message to the user.

Can this be done?

Thanks

MSC

We have 2 completely seperate Salesforce organizations and we are soon going to consolidate them down to 1. We have many PDF attachments which are attached the to Notes and Attachments section of a Custom Object in one of the Orgs. Is there anyway to move all those PDFs to the other Org? I can't think of any way to do it.

Thanks for any suggestions you may have,

Chris

Is there a way to schedule the export of a report to a public file on your computer?  I was given the task of creating some pretty detailed, specific reporting packages (ones that cannot be achieved by simply making a dashboard).  My thought was that if I scheduled the reports to export every so often to the same filename, I could create a word doc or excel sheet of reports based on data linked to those exported files.  Then, every time the data was exported again, the report package would reflect those changes.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks 

I have an appt setting user of salesforce and I am interested if anyone knows if there is a way to track their activity -either within salesforce or through a 3rd party application.  Specifically, I'd like to know how many leads they called, leads they updated, sent emails, set an event(i.e. Appt).  In the perfect world I would like salesforce to do this for me, however, I have never been able to figure this out.  Or, if there is a seperate app that is available - like an tick sheet - whereby I can have them manually track calls, pitches, not interested, appt, etc.  I am hoping there is something like this available. 

Hello

I have set field history tracking on the Opportunity Stage.  I would now like to run reports on that, one big one would be an overview of the company and how long the average opportunity spends at each stage.  What is the best way to do this?  Should I create formula fields to calculate the "Time Spent at Stage X" for each field, then average those formula values?  Or is there a more direct way to do this in a report?

Thank you

This is a basic question:  I have some fields in my Contact that are custom, multi-value fields.  Is there a way to use these multi-value fields in a Dashboard.  Like, summarize the number of Contacts that have widget X, widget y, widget z, etc, if all are pulled from the same multi-value pick list?  Is there an EASIER way to do something like this?

All help appreciated.

Thanks!

Laurie

• June 17, 2009

Hi,

I am using a visualforce page to override 'New' for an object called Obj1. This object is also part of a related list in another custom object Obj2. I would like to get the Id of the Obj2 record from where New is clicked in the controller class for the visualforce page. I am not sure how to get this done. Please help.

Thanks

KD 

• June 15, 2009

The title says it all, really, but here's more detail:

Originally we wanted to make a webservice callout from our custom controller. That's working fine, but SF imposes an arbitrary 100KB limit on the size of any webservice request (or response). So I asked around and discovered that the webservice we need to access also supports HTTP POST requests.

So can I make a HTTP POST request from a VF page controller? If so, how?

TIA,

John

• June 09, 2009

I am developing page for a client that uses sales force, we have a downloads sections and we want our users to enter information before they can view the download.  I need the information to be put into the clients SalesForce database and once entered and submitted we will allow them to view the documents.  Does anyone have an API that can be installed to accomplish this task?

thanks,

Dave

• June 08, 2009

Hello,

I am planning to do a insert of a large number of records that are inside of a CSV file. In the past we have provided the client a solution of using a Java program that reads the CSV file and makes the Insert by making use of Salesforce API.

However, now that the batch mode is available I was wondering if we can make use of it in this perticular scenario. Is there a way that we can can parse a large CSV file and insert records into Salesforce using salesforce batch mode.

Right now it appears that the batch mode can only run on records that are already inserted into Salesforce. I want the other way round, I want batch mode to be operational on records that are yet to be inserted into Salesforce. 

It some one already did this, please post the code and I guess it woud be helpfull for lot of people who are running in this issue. 

Hi - I'm trying to write code to overwrite Opportunity.Amount with a value caluclated in a calculated field.  I've tried a couple of differnt approaches, but am stumped.

My latest attempt was to write a class with a method that copied the value in a user-defined field to the opportunity.amount field  when the record was saved.  I also tried writing similar code that updates one or more selected records and is executed on a button is clicked from a list page.  This apporach, like the others that I have tried, resulted in an error saying that opportunity.amount is a read-only field.

I'm stumped.

I've had no problem updating and manipulating other standard object fields.  The Oppportunity.Amount field is an important one to contain meaningful data, as it is referenced by SF forecasting and Campaigns.  So far, I am not able to put the values in this field that I would like it to contain. 

I would really appreciate any guidance that is provided about how I can achieve this (or if it is hopeless - which I cannot believe).

Thank you!

Rich

I have an production salesforce account(professional) and  i have installed an application in it. But it throws the following error: "API_DISABLED_FOR_ORG: API is not enabled for this Organization or Partner". Could you let us know how to enable the API for an production account.

Kindly help.