• Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi there,

I am trying to perform a workflow field update, that will set the Account Country (standard field) to the same value as Prospect Country (custom field - prospect=opportunity renamed).

I have a workflow rule that triggers everytime a record is created or edited (with rule criteria "true", so it triggers everytime).

My field update has the following details: 

Object: Account  

Field to Update: Account: Billing Country

Field Data Type: Text

Formula Value: Prospect__pr.Country__c 

Unfortunately this doesn't work. When editing the account record, it changes the country to null.

What am I doing wrong here??

Thanks! 

Message Edited by JMalling on 05-15-2009 01:06 AM

Hi,

In the opportunities related list, I wish to display the contacts that are related to the account which the opportunity are related to (we only have one opportunity per account).

I have a naming convention so that the opportunity name will always equal the account name + the value of third field. Therefore I tried accomplishing this by making a opportunity-lookup field on the contacts object, and via a workflow automatically set this to the name of the account + the value of the third field.

This didn't work, as the workflow doesn't allow me to select lookup fields for field updates.

Does anyone have any suggestion as to how this can be accomplished?

Thanks. 

Hi all,

I am trying to get my app to call an external webservice. I'm fairly new with outbound messaging, and unfortunately, so far I've had nothing but issues with it.

Therefore I created a dummy webservice and outbound message that follows this guide exactly, just to try getting it to work:  http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/Creating_an_Outbound_Messaging_Notification_Service_with_CSharp_and_.Net_Framework_2.0 

In the Message Delivery Status however, I get the (405)Method Not Allowed error.

I've searched the forums and couldn't find that anyone has this issue when just trying to call a plain webservice. Therefore I'm thinking that I am perhaps overseeing something very basic. I've tried support and devsupport but no reply so far (weeks).

So, does anyone know what typically set off this error, or does anyone have any ideas as to what could be the issue here?

Thanks,

Hi there,

Is it possible to make the standard Close Date field to be NOT required?  I cannot even remove it from the page layout, it does not move.

Basically, the Sales users cannot predict when the Oppty would be closed so they are reluctant to enter the Close Date field.

Thanks

Hi all,

I am trying to get my app to call an external webservice. I'm fairly new with outbound messaging, and unfortunately, so far I've had nothing but issues with it.

Therefore I created a dummy webservice and outbound message that follows this guide exactly, just to try getting it to work:  http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/Creating_an_Outbound_Messaging_Notification_Service_with_CSharp_and_.Net_Framework_2.0 

In the Message Delivery Status however, I get the (405)Method Not Allowed error.

I've searched the forums and couldn't find that anyone has this issue when just trying to call a plain webservice. Therefore I'm thinking that I am perhaps overseeing something very basic. I've tried support and devsupport but no reply so far (weeks).

So, does anyone know what typically set off this error, or does anyone have any ideas as to what could be the issue here?

Thanks,

I am attempting to load products data in SF and am getting the following issue from data loader:

CSV Error:  Invalid CSV FIle Format.  Please select a different file.  Error reading row #789: the number of data columns (19) exceeds the number of columns in the header (17).

If I remove the row in question, the file loads fine. I put the row into a separate file and load that and everything loads fine.  The original file has about 21000 rows.  Has anyone encountered this issue?