• Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello Community,

I am very excited to build my first app (for a non-profit called CitizenPoints.org) and I've been going through all of the workbooks and training manuals that I can get my hands on.  One thing that I'd like to do is leverage some of the logical groupings of activities in the Force.  For example, I'd like to list all of my objects, classes, triggers, etc. in an organized document of my requirements.  This will help me go through the creation of my application in a very methodical way.

So the question:

Does anyone know where I can find a "requirements template" type of document for developing in the Force?  I'm looking for it to help me think through the different components in a logical way and WRITE THEM DOWN for how I want my specific app to work.

Thanks everyone! 

I know a pick-list can drive the values of another pick-list, but can the value of a pick-list drive the value of a text box?

For example, I want to add brackets around a Contact's last name if his Active status (a pick-list with Yes or No values) is set to No.  If it is set to Yes, nothing changes.

Is this possible?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

ivalum21 

If so, how? (The New button is missing.) I am a system administrator for this org and my user account has the Development Mode checkbox checked.

If not, why not?

TIA,

John

• April 29, 2009

Hello,

Our organization uses SFDC to track the sale and proposals of professional services.  We track these using Opportunity Products, which have Opportunities as a parent object.

When creating a new Opportunity in SFDC, we need to add a new Service at the same time.  An opportunity's total price is based upon the total price of its related service(s).

The problem is, we don't seem to have a way to set the default price of Quantity to "1" on this standard field.  When users create a new Opportunity, they are constantly asked for the value, which has to always be "1".

We can use a validation rule to ensure people put the right information in (must be 1), but there is still a lot of confusion to our users who will try to put in the Service Amount (what is supposed to go in the "Sales Price" field) in the Quantity field, or try to input a value that's unacceptable.

Ideally, this field wouldn't even be visible on the "Save and Add Service" screen, since we only add one service at a time with a specific Amount (aka "Sales Price").  So far, I haven't found a way to remove it, or come up with an easy workaround since it's part of SFDC's standard setup.

We'd love to have it in read-only mode, but that doesn't appear possible either, and are getting a little frustrated.  Does anyone know of a way to enable read-only settings on this field, or can think of another solution?

Thanks for any ideas!

Hello,

Our organization uses SFDC to track information about employees in our company.  The employees object is very similar to the "Contacts" standard object.

We are interested in synching the data for an employee record in SFDC with Active Directory to ensure that the most recent information about that employee can be pulled / updated.  Depending on the complexity of this, we may want to do a daily sync on all Employees, OR we may opt for pulling the information every time a record is accessed.

1) Is this possible? 

2) If so, does anyone have any ideas on the necessary steps involved to establish this? 

Thank you for any ideas!

Hi,

Our organization has several hundred users, many of whom belong to one or more Public Groups.

Is there any way to report on this information in SFDC?  It would be great to get a complete list of all Groups, the memers of each, along with their User ID and possibly some other info.

Thanks for any ideas...

Our organization uses Salesforce.com's automated backups every week.  As things work now, we currently go to the Data Management link (under Setup) and click on the individual zip files to download them at a specific day/time.  As we have 3 orgs, and a lot of information in them, we currently spend a lot of time manually downloading and renaming files.

Does anyone know of a way to automate this process?  We would like them to be automatically downloaded on a regular basis, if at all possible.

Thanks for any ideas...

I'm trying to get the Contacts Related List on the Account Detail Page to display records in ascending order by Last Name.  When I click the "Contact Name" field and select "Ascending" in the Page Layout editor, the Contacts sort by First Name.  For example, "Aaron Zimmerman" would show at the very top of the Contact List instead of at the bottom.  This isn't very helpful for our users and makes finding duplicate difficult.

I am aware that I can add a "Last Name" field and sort by that, but this seems redundant since the Contact Name is already there (and cannot be removed).

How can I get these records to sort alphabetically by Last Name without adding the "Last Name" field to the Related List?

On a related note, does anyone know the default sort order for Contacts in SFDC?  It appears to group them by Created Date in our org.  Help & Training didn't specify - it only stated that each related list has a different default sort order.

Thanks for any ideas...

Stay-in-Touch is promising and has a lot of potential for our organization, particularly for our Managers who want to ensure we have up-to-date information for our Contacts.

However, it is still very limited due to the inability to customize the forms and remove the annoying "powered by Salesforce.com" links on the page at which the Contact arrives. 

As much as we like the concept, we cannot bombard our Contacts with Salesforce.com ads when asking them to provide us with even more (or updated) information.  The look and feel of the web form does not even allow us to put our company logo on the form.  It's quite frustrating.

I have already promoted an Idea, but have my doubts Salesforce will do anything with it.

I'm curious if other organizations / developers have done anything with Visualforce and/or Mass Communication templates and/or Sites to mimick this type of functionality.  Basically, we would like the ability to mass-email existing Contacts asking for updated information, direct them to a web form that we design, and have the data from those fields overwrite existing values on the corresponding Contact record in SFDC.

Does this sound like it is possible, and if so, how would you approach this?  If you have any ideas, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks!

Hello Community,

I am very excited to build my first app (for a non-profit called CitizenPoints.org) and I've been going through all of the workbooks and training manuals that I can get my hands on.  One thing that I'd like to do is leverage some of the logical groupings of activities in the Force.  For example, I'd like to list all of my objects, classes, triggers, etc. in an organized document of my requirements.  This will help me go through the creation of my application in a very methodical way.

So the question:

Does anyone know where I can find a "requirements template" type of document for developing in the Force?  I'm looking for it to help me think through the different components in a logical way and WRITE THEM DOWN for how I want my specific app to work.

Thanks everyone! 

Hi, 

I am currently under Outlook and would like to use salesforce.
How can I transfer my contacts onto it?

Thanks a lot.

• November 24, 2009

Hi,

Our organization has several hundred users, many of whom belong to one or more Public Groups.

Is there any way to report on this information in SFDC?  It would be great to get a complete list of all Groups, the memers of each, along with their User ID and possibly some other info.

Thanks for any ideas...

I know a pick-list can drive the values of another pick-list, but can the value of a pick-list drive the value of a text box?

For example, I want to add brackets around a Contact's last name if his Active status (a pick-list with Yes or No values) is set to No.  If it is set to Yes, nothing changes.

Is this possible?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

ivalum21 

I'm trying to get the Contacts Related List on the Account Detail Page to display records in ascending order by Last Name.  When I click the "Contact Name" field and select "Ascending" in the Page Layout editor, the Contacts sort by First Name.  For example, "Aaron Zimmerman" would show at the very top of the Contact List instead of at the bottom.  This isn't very helpful for our users and makes finding duplicate difficult.

I am aware that I can add a "Last Name" field and sort by that, but this seems redundant since the Contact Name is already there (and cannot be removed).

How can I get these records to sort alphabetically by Last Name without adding the "Last Name" field to the Related List?

On a related note, does anyone know the default sort order for Contacts in SFDC?  It appears to group them by Created Date in our org.  Help & Training didn't specify - it only stated that each related list has a different default sort order.

Thanks for any ideas...

If so, how? (The New button is missing.) I am a system administrator for this org and my user account has the Development Mode checkbox checked.

If not, why not?

TIA,

John

• April 29, 2009