• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

We have some processes that run on our local system from which must connect to salesforce.  Rather than dealing with connection pooling/storage and the connection time (takes ~4+ seconds to connect/log in), is there a way to pass the login or session id from salesforce when calling out to an external webservice?

I have a list Button that resides on the tab's List View page and calls a VF page.  How do I get/pass the url to the VF page to return back to the List View page?

I have a custom controller that is supplying a list of SelectOption values.  These values are in the form of year/month.  I want to set the initial selection of this list, not have it default to the first item.

If the items were directly entered into the Visual Force page, you just set the attribute selected="selected" on the appropriate option, but when generating via code, I do not see any way of setting this.

Any help would be appreciated

In a visual force page, within the apex:page block, I specify the title and the page renders the title tag within the head section of the page,  but the page title in IE still shows the URL in the header and tab name.  Am I missing something?
Message Edited by Malathan on 05-22-2009 09:24 AM

I get the "Method is not visible" error when a subclass extends an abstract class and implements an abstract method that is protected.  That method is called from the abstract class.  This is common implementation in other languages, but am getting an error when attempting this in Apex.  Only work around seems to be to make the method in the subclass that implements it to be public, even if it is only called from within the class.

Any ideas?

public abstract class SalesRecord_SupportCalc_Base { public SalesRecord_SupportCalc_Base(List<Id> salesRecordIds){ } protected abstract void RetrieveSalesRecords (); public void CalculateSupport(){ RetrieveSalesRecords(); } } public class SalesRecord_SupportCalc_Quote extends SalesRecord_SupportCalc_Base { public SalesRecord_SupportCalc_Quote(List<Id> salesRecordIds){ super(salesRecordIds); } protected override void RetrieveSalesRecords (){ } }

I am looking for some design ideas on a project I am working on.

On the opportunity, when a specific part is added, we want to autocalculate the value/price of that part.  In our case, the part is maintenance/support, which is 18% of all software line items on that opportunity.  So whenever any line item changes, we want to update that part's price if it exists.

What is the best way of implementing this, both with triggers in mind and Govenor Limits?

Situations to consider:

• Line item that is changed could be the maintenance/support line item itself or another line.  This could make it tricky to handle via a before update/before add trigger as I see two paths in code for retrieving and updating the support line item: One as soql and other as Trigger.new.
  • Batch updates:  We will at one point implement a mass renewal process in which we will generate 200+ opportunities at once.  So how would you write the trigger to accomidate this with regard to Govenor Limits?

Thanks,

Clayton

In a visual force page, within the apex:page block, I specify the title and the page renders the title tag within the head section of the page,  but the page title in IE still shows the URL in the header and tab name.  Am I missing something?
Message Edited by Malathan on 05-22-2009 09:24 AM

I get the "Method is not visible" error when a subclass extends an abstract class and implements an abstract method that is protected.  That method is called from the abstract class.  This is common implementation in other languages, but am getting an error when attempting this in Apex.  Only work around seems to be to make the method in the subclass that implements it to be public, even if it is only called from within the class.

Any ideas?

public abstract class SalesRecord_SupportCalc_Base { public SalesRecord_SupportCalc_Base(List<Id> salesRecordIds){ } protected abstract void RetrieveSalesRecords (); public void CalculateSupport(){ RetrieveSalesRecords(); } } public class SalesRecord_SupportCalc_Quote extends SalesRecord_SupportCalc_Base { public SalesRecord_SupportCalc_Quote(List<Id> salesRecordIds){ super(salesRecordIds); } protected override void RetrieveSalesRecords (){ } }