• Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi there,

Having a bit of an issue with the Duplicate Contact Blocker APEXchange...

The installation was successful (did deactivate the disturbing validation rules on the contact).

Then I activated them again and did some tests. The APEX works, when creating a new Contact over the "New Contact" Button, but not over the lead conversion.

It still let's me create a new Contact, thought the contact does already exist in the system (I'm taking Last Name and Email as matching criteria).

Where could I look next?

Thanks in advance.

• October 06, 2009

I have 2 fields in my account table:

Site Inspection and Site Inspection Date

The Site Inspection field is a mandatory picklist with Yes or No as options.

The Date field is set up as Read only with date variables allowed.

I would like the following configured:

1> If the user selects No, the record is saved as is (date field is blank).

2> If the user selects Yes, the Date field is automatically updated with Today() and the record is saved.

I just inherited this SF.com stuff from a previous staff member and am trying to ramp myself up...thanks!

Hello, all-

I work for a nonprofit trying to set up Salesforce for non-sales purposes, so we're currently trying to tweak our environment.  I personally am brand new to Salesforce, so please forgive (and correct!) any terminology I use incorrectly.

We have a custom field (a multi-picklist) on our Account page layout, and whenever we convert a Lead into a Person Account, we always need the same value to show up in that field on the converted Person Account.  The only way I know to make this happen is to create a replica custom multi-picklist field on the Lead page, map it to the matching picklist on the Person Account page, and instruct the end user to select that value every single time they create a new lead before they convert it to a Person Account.

Is there a way around this so that the end user won't have to manually complete this step every time they create a new lead?

Many thanks in advance.

After trying to instll the Duplicate contact blocker product, I receive the following error code. I am absolutely NOT technical and have nooooo idea what this means! (all I know is that the installation didn't work)

HELP - what did I do wrong?

Error
Your requested install failed. Please fix the following error(s) or obtain a fix and try this again.

If this error persists, contact Salesforce Support through your normal channels.
Package components error list:    
Problem Component Detail duplicatecontacttestclass.testContactDuplicateTrigger() Apex Classes(01p20000000AFPw) System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: FIELD_CUSTOM_VALIDATION_EXCEPTION, Contact cannot be created - Contact already exists: [LastName]
Class.DuplicateContactTestClass.testContactDuplicateTrigger: line 26, column 3

While Installing Apex plugin in Eclipse 3.3.2, getting an error saying"Network Connection Problems Encountered During Search"

I followed the procedure given in http://wiki.apexdevnet.com/index.php/Force.com_IDE_Installation_for_Eclipse_3.3.x

Please suggest is  how to rectify this error or please suggest me other way to install Apex plugin in Eclipse.

From looking at the html behind the clone button feature on contacts... it looks like it uses:
onclick="navigateToUrl('/003S0000002xxx/e?clone=1&retURL=%2F003S0000002xxx&scontrolCaching=1');"

It seemed simple enough... I just have to merge in the contact id into the url pattern and that's it.  So, I thought it would be easy enough to override that button with an scontrol that simply loads the same page with a few extra parameters... I got an example of this from the cookbook and here is my code attempt.

Code:
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<html>
<head>
</head>
<script src="/js/functions.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script>
 function init() { 
  var url = "/{!Contact.Id}/e—clone=1&retURL=%2F{!Contact.Id}"
      + "&WebID__c=0&Web2ID__c=0&scontrolCaching=1";
  navigateToUrl(url);
 }
</script>
<body onload="init()"> 
</body>
</html>

So... I thought I was good to go... but, everytime this button is clicked the page loads over and over again in an infinite loop.  I'm totally missing something.

The clone feature is cloning in our external identifiers for an integrated webapp we developed.  So, I wanted to to pass in 0 to clear them out.  I can't make them unique because they are uneditable by general users, I can't remove the fields from the clone feature (salesforce does not support this), I can't write an apex trigger to clear on insert... because our integrated app will write these identifiers on insert and they have to be preserved.

This Clone feature is loved by everyone... and now I am the bad guy for removing it.  Somebody please help.

Message Edited by RainMan on 10-23-2008 10:57 AM