• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

As an OEM Embedded ISV partner, we are supposed to prevent end users on our Force solution from accessing the standard CRM components  -- and access to the CRM components and the App Exchange can be a bit confusing for a true OEM end-customer who does not always associate our app with Salesforce.

Is there a way to keep the standard SFDC header with std tabs & our custom logo--yet remove the Force.com logo and the app drop down list on the right hand side of the screen?

From reading resources, it seems this can be done with Visualforce but looks like an all or nothing effort meaning that VF pages would have to be created to re-create all of the standard page functionality...with new logo/image changes.

I know VF can drop the standard header using the showHeader='false' but is there a way to easier way keep the standard header yet edit it?

Any advice on the best way to accomplish this is welcome... Thanks in advance.

KS

I have several custom objects that I need to collect and display different detail fields based on the users selection of type on the object.  

I have reviewed VF for custom page...looked at using Record Type but it seemed is is designed to present different field groups based on roles? ... and I know that APEX - AJAX would get the result.  

I am new to SF and trying to determine the fastest, easiest, & best way to achieve the functionality. 

Specifically the user would select a field value from picklist to indicate the type record...the other fields to be completed would be dynamically displayed based on the type selected...each type on the picklist would have its own group of relative fields.

Thanks for the advice and feedback.

KS

Just installed the outlook sync tool.  When I try to sync marked records, contacts will not sync  and returns the error below for each contact.  

contactname Failed to Add Succesfully. HomePhone Invaild field index::homephone

using Outlook 2007

I tried adding a couple of home phone number to contact record to see if that would change indexing--still did not work.

Thanks in advance for the assistance...KS

I am trying to understand standard controllers vs. custom--and how they can be used with Custom Objects?

Most of the code samples I have found all use the standard Account or Contact as the example like...

<apex:page standardController="Account" showHeader="true"  tabStyle="Account" > 

I have several Custom Objects that I have created---and have trying to create a simple Tabbed view of the object detail and related lists instead of the typical list view--using VF.

I am just starting on VF...

>Do standard controllers get 'auto-created' for each custom object?--assume so and thats how the display using standard SF look?

> When I try starting my VF page to be used on my Custom Object with...

<apex:page standardController="ThenameIusedtocreatetheobject_c" showHeader="true"  tabStyle="ThenameIusedtocreatetheobject_c"" > 

I get errors - ThenameIusedtocreatetheobject_c Does not Exist, etc.

What am I missing about standard controllers on custom objects?  Do all custom objects require a custom controller to be coded?

Thanks for the assistance...

KS

I have created a custom object (Property--as in real estate) and its related custom fields.  I need to add the standard related list for Contacts to the custom object.  Trying to achieve a master custom object (Property) with multiple Contacts related to the properties.

Would work like the standard Account tab functionality where multiple Contacts can be associated with a single Account.

I tried creating a custom master-child relationship field from the Contact customize...only lookup relationship is available.

I also created a master-child relationship on the custom object (Property) but if I understand correctly this makes the Contact the master and Property the child...which is backwards from needed result.   And this does not allow Contacts to appear in the Page Layout > Related List  drag & drop.

What am I missing on setting up the relationship correctly to have multiple Contacts appear as a related list on my custom object (Property)?

Thanks for the assist... KS

I am trying to understand standard controllers vs. custom--and how they can be used with Custom Objects?

Most of the code samples I have found all use the standard Account or Contact as the example like...

<apex:page standardController="Account" showHeader="true"  tabStyle="Account" > 

I have several Custom Objects that I have created---and have trying to create a simple Tabbed view of the object detail and related lists instead of the typical list view--using VF.

I am just starting on VF...

>Do standard controllers get 'auto-created' for each custom object?--assume so and thats how the display using standard SF look?

> When I try starting my VF page to be used on my Custom Object with...

<apex:page standardController="ThenameIusedtocreatetheobject_c" showHeader="true"  tabStyle="ThenameIusedtocreatetheobject_c"" > 

I get errors - ThenameIusedtocreatetheobject_c Does not Exist, etc.

What am I missing about standard controllers on custom objects?  Do all custom objects require a custom controller to be coded?

Thanks for the assistance...

KS

As an OEM Embedded ISV partner, we are supposed to prevent end users on our Force solution from accessing the standard CRM components  -- and access to the CRM components and the App Exchange can be a bit confusing for a true OEM end-customer who does not always associate our app with Salesforce.

Is there a way to keep the standard SFDC header with std tabs & our custom logo--yet remove the Force.com logo and the app drop down list on the right hand side of the screen?

From reading resources, it seems this can be done with Visualforce but looks like an all or nothing effort meaning that VF pages would have to be created to re-create all of the standard page functionality...with new logo/image changes.

I know VF can drop the standard header using the showHeader='false' but is there a way to easier way keep the standard header yet edit it?

Any advice on the best way to accomplish this is welcome... Thanks in advance.

KS

I have created a custom object (Property--as in real estate) and its related custom fields.  I need to add the standard related list for Contacts to the custom object.  Trying to achieve a master custom object (Property) with multiple Contacts related to the properties.

Would work like the standard Account tab functionality where multiple Contacts can be associated with a single Account.

I tried creating a custom master-child relationship field from the Contact customize...only lookup relationship is available.

I also created a master-child relationship on the custom object (Property) but if I understand correctly this makes the Contact the master and Property the child...which is backwards from needed result.   And this does not allow Contacts to appear in the Page Layout > Related List  drag & drop.

What am I missing on setting up the relationship correctly to have multiple Contacts appear as a related list on my custom object (Property)?

Thanks for the assist... KS

I have created a package congaing some custom fields and s-controls in our dev account and while trying to install on our our non-dev account
I get the following message:

Missing Organization Feature: Contact.RecordType
Missing Organization Feature: Lead.RecordType
Missing Organization Feature: Account.RecordType
Missing Organization Feature: Opportunity.RecordType

There are custom fields being added for each of those object types, but nothing I've done requires the RecordType.
Why do I get this error?

Hi

I am a newbie in APex development, so I may not even be posting in the right group, so please bear with me..

I have a Master/Detail object pair. I created a tab for the detail record. In the New form of this detail record, when I click on the search icon next to the Master record identifying field, I get a look up screen with a search form and a view under that.

If I do not have a suitable Master record, I would like to create one by clicking the "New" button next to the "go" button. How do I get the "new" button in the lookup form?

Thanks..

BTW, are ther any good books I can read for developing on AppExchange?

Thanks again.