• Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

Is there a way to list the custom fields and their properties? I'm think of a std object at the moment, namely Contacts.

Would be handy for us to list all custom fields and their properties.

Or short of that, to pass in a field's name and get it's properties back.

We're using PHP, sometimes the toolkit and sometimes direct to the API.

describeSObjects() doesn't return custom fields it seems.

Cheers.

Hi all,

Delving into formulas for the first time and having trouble. We have a List Price field, on a custom object, and a 'Customer Price' field. What I want to do in essence is:

"if customer price field is empty, calculate it (e.g. list price * 0.9), else do nothing"

I've tried putting a formula in the Customer Price, but get "Error: Formula cannot use another formula field that directly or indirectly refers to itself". Tried this below as a start point (not sure how to "do nothing" in an IF() as well:

IF (
ISBLANK(Customer_Price__c),
Customer_Price__c = List_Price__c * 0.9,
Customer_Price__c = Customer_Price__c
)

So then I tried putting a formula on the List Price field instead. But there I get an error "field may not be used in this type of formula" ...

Any ideas? Any help would be appreciated, cheers.

I'm trying to extract records from Contacts, where a custom field is populated.

i.e. I'm wanting to do an equivalent of SQLs  WHERE LENGTH(field) > 0

The field is a Long Text Area of 1000 chars.

I've tried WHERE field='' and various other things, but Data Loader tells me the field can't be filtered on ...Am I just getting syntax wrong or can I really not filter on a text area field? That seems odd so guessing my syntax is duff.

Any guidance would be much appreciated.

I'm trying to build a statement to update some records. I'm having trouble understanding the method and syntaxt. Trying to do this via PHP, forming statements based on this page http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/apexcode/Content/apex_dml_update.htm

In a nutshell I don't understand what the first term "Contact" in this line from the docs is:

Contact c = [select account.name from contact
             where lastName = 'Carter' limit 1];

I'm trying to build a statement like this:

$qry = "XXX cbp = [SELECT Supplier_Code__c FROM MyObj__c WHERE ManufacturerName__c = 'Fish Corp'];";
$qry .= "cbp.Supplier_Code__c = 'FISHCO';";
$qry .= "UPDATE cbp;";

But lost as to what/where the "XXX" term is or where to find it re my custom object...

Hope this makes sense

Thanks.

Hi all

Excuse the basic question... I'm struggling with forming two simple queries, of these types:

Select x from y WHERE LastmodifiedDate = 2010-05-17

Select x from y WHERE LastmodifiedDate > 2010-05-10 AND LastmodifiedDate < 2010-05-19

This is to run the Data Loader in batch mode, if it matters.

Tried to muddle through the API docs - failed to find anything that clarified this.

cheers

Bill

I'm running an extract via the command line. All runs OK, data extracted OK and no errors, but the success/error files aren't being created. Any ideas?

My config is here:

<entry key="sfdc.bulkApiSerialMode" value="true"/>
<entry key="sfdc.extractionRequestSize" value="1000"/>

<entry key="process.operation" value="extract"/>

<entry key="process.enableExtractSuccessOutput" value="true"/>

<entry key="process.statusOutputDirectory" value="Z:\dataloader"/>

<entry key="process.outputSuccess" value="Z:\dataloader\cb_prods_export_success.csv"/>
<entry key="process.outputError" value="Z:\dataloader\cb_prods_export_error.csv"/>

<entry key="process.lastRunOutputDirectory" value="Z:\dataloader\"/>

<entry key="dataAccess.type" value="csvWrite"/>
<entry key="dataAccess.writeUTF8" value="true" />
<entry key="dataAccess.name" value="z:\dataloader\cb_prods.csv"/>

<entry key="sfdc.debugMessages" value="true"/>
<entry key="sfdc.debugMessagesFile" value="z:\dataloader\cb_prods_SOAP_debug.log"/>

I've tried local and the mapped network drive in the paths above. The lastRun is created OK.

Tried with SOAP debug off too, no change.

Any clues would be appreciated, thanks.

Using App Loader 18, on Windows Vista.

Read and write as UTF8 is ticked.

Tried both Soap API, and the Bulk API.

When we export a small selection of records from a custom object, the data is as expected - in correct UTF8 format.

For example a particular field is rendered properly as "β-Amyloid"

But when we export the whole 140,000 records, UTF8 characters are munged.

The same field then is rendered as "β-Amyloid"

Any ideas? This is a serious show-stopper for us if we can't get it right.

Thanks all.

Hello,

Is it possible to develop screens in Salesforce which view remotely-hosted data? (in a MySQL db in this instance)

We do not want to run export/imports to replicate data. We want something more akin to an API which allows a real-time view on our remote data.

I can find a fair bit of info on connecting in to Salesforce, but little on doing the reverse. Could be that I'm missing some crucial terms to search with, this is a new area to me.

Any pointers / hints would be much appreciated,

Thanks and Regards,

Bill

Hi folks,

I have a form scratch-built in PHP. It has a couple of multiple SELECTs in, and the results don't get properly posted into Leads.

I'm pre-processing the form in PHP and cURLing a string across.

If I send a single value, it works. e.g. &blah=fish

This works fine in Leads, on editing the field the value is removed from the list on the left and shown on the right.

If I try a separated list, it doesn't work. e.g. &blah=fish;banana

In the Lead record, the latter displays as "fish;banana".

When you edit the field, that string is lso shown in the right hand box, and the two values remain in the list in the left.

Any ideas would be appreciated,

Thanks all.

Hello all.

First off, I'm new to SF, come from a PHP/MySQL background.

I'm trying to delete some records out of a custom object, and finding it amazingly hard... as it'd take about 2 secs in something like phpMyAdmin.

There's no basic 'empty' option in the Setup

Surprised to find the Data Loader can't delete records based an an External ID, like a SKU

SOQL doesn't have a delete clause so Apex Explorer seems no help in trying to delete, maybe there's a way?

Any info/hints on how to go about emptying a custom object, and deleting specific records based on a query, would be much appreciated.

I'm not familiar with Apex classes, hoping there is some interface type method as found in phpMyAdmin, MySQL Explorer type apps,

Cheers all.

Hi,

Is there a way to list the custom fields and their properties? I'm think of a std object at the moment, namely Contacts.

Would be handy for us to list all custom fields and their properties.

Or short of that, to pass in a field's name and get it's properties back.

We're using PHP, sometimes the toolkit and sometimes direct to the API.

describeSObjects() doesn't return custom fields it seems.

Cheers.

Hi all,

Delving into formulas for the first time and having trouble. We have a List Price field, on a custom object, and a 'Customer Price' field. What I want to do in essence is:

"if customer price field is empty, calculate it (e.g. list price * 0.9), else do nothing"

I've tried putting a formula in the Customer Price, but get "Error: Formula cannot use another formula field that directly or indirectly refers to itself". Tried this below as a start point (not sure how to "do nothing" in an IF() as well:

IF (
ISBLANK(Customer_Price__c),
Customer_Price__c = List_Price__c * 0.9,
Customer_Price__c = Customer_Price__c
)

So then I tried putting a formula on the List Price field instead. But there I get an error "field may not be used in this type of formula" ...

Any ideas? Any help would be appreciated, cheers.

I'm trying to extract records from Contacts, where a custom field is populated.

i.e. I'm wanting to do an equivalent of SQLs  WHERE LENGTH(field) > 0

The field is a Long Text Area of 1000 chars.

I've tried WHERE field='' and various other things, but Data Loader tells me the field can't be filtered on ...Am I just getting syntax wrong or can I really not filter on a text area field? That seems odd so guessing my syntax is duff.

Any guidance would be much appreciated.

I'm trying to build a statement to update some records. I'm having trouble understanding the method and syntaxt. Trying to do this via PHP, forming statements based on this page http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/apexcode/Content/apex_dml_update.htm

In a nutshell I don't understand what the first term "Contact" in this line from the docs is:

Contact c = [select account.name from contact
             where lastName = 'Carter' limit 1];

I'm trying to build a statement like this:

$qry = "XXX cbp = [SELECT Supplier_Code__c FROM MyObj__c WHERE ManufacturerName__c = 'Fish Corp'];";
$qry .= "cbp.Supplier_Code__c = 'FISHCO';";
$qry .= "UPDATE cbp;";

But lost as to what/where the "XXX" term is or where to find it re my custom object...

Hope this makes sense

Thanks.

Hi all

Excuse the basic question... I'm struggling with forming two simple queries, of these types:

Select x from y WHERE LastmodifiedDate = 2010-05-17

Select x from y WHERE LastmodifiedDate > 2010-05-10 AND LastmodifiedDate < 2010-05-19

This is to run the Data Loader in batch mode, if it matters.

Tried to muddle through the API docs - failed to find anything that clarified this.

cheers

Bill

I'm running an extract via the command line. All runs OK, data extracted OK and no errors, but the success/error files aren't being created. Any ideas?

My config is here:

<entry key="sfdc.bulkApiSerialMode" value="true"/>
<entry key="sfdc.extractionRequestSize" value="1000"/>

<entry key="process.operation" value="extract"/>

<entry key="process.enableExtractSuccessOutput" value="true"/>

<entry key="process.statusOutputDirectory" value="Z:\dataloader"/>

<entry key="process.outputSuccess" value="Z:\dataloader\cb_prods_export_success.csv"/>
<entry key="process.outputError" value="Z:\dataloader\cb_prods_export_error.csv"/>

<entry key="process.lastRunOutputDirectory" value="Z:\dataloader\"/>

<entry key="dataAccess.type" value="csvWrite"/>
<entry key="dataAccess.writeUTF8" value="true" />
<entry key="dataAccess.name" value="z:\dataloader\cb_prods.csv"/>

<entry key="sfdc.debugMessages" value="true"/>
<entry key="sfdc.debugMessagesFile" value="z:\dataloader\cb_prods_SOAP_debug.log"/>

I've tried local and the mapped network drive in the paths above. The lastRun is created OK.

Tried with SOAP debug off too, no change.

Any clues would be appreciated, thanks.

Using App Loader 18, on Windows Vista.

Read and write as UTF8 is ticked.

Tried both Soap API, and the Bulk API.

When we export a small selection of records from a custom object, the data is as expected - in correct UTF8 format.

For example a particular field is rendered properly as "β-Amyloid"

But when we export the whole 140,000 records, UTF8 characters are munged.

The same field then is rendered as "β-Amyloid"

Any ideas? This is a serious show-stopper for us if we can't get it right.

Thanks all.

Hello,

Is it possible to develop screens in Salesforce which view remotely-hosted data? (in a MySQL db in this instance)

We do not want to run export/imports to replicate data. We want something more akin to an API which allows a real-time view on our remote data.

I can find a fair bit of info on connecting in to Salesforce, but little on doing the reverse. Could be that I'm missing some crucial terms to search with, this is a new area to me.

Any pointers / hints would be much appreciated,

Thanks and Regards,

Bill

i m looking for php email form for my new business website which is base on seo services. em not a developers but i know little bit edditing. can one here who can help me to make contact us page mail form.

Thanks.

Hi folks,

I have a form scratch-built in PHP. It has a couple of multiple SELECTs in, and the results don't get properly posted into Leads.

I'm pre-processing the form in PHP and cURLing a string across.

If I send a single value, it works. e.g. &blah=fish

This works fine in Leads, on editing the field the value is removed from the list on the left and shown on the right.

If I try a separated list, it doesn't work. e.g. &blah=fish;banana

In the Lead record, the latter displays as "fish;banana".

When you edit the field, that string is lso shown in the right hand box, and the two values remain in the list in the left.

Any ideas would be appreciated,

Thanks all.

Hello all.

First off, I'm new to SF, come from a PHP/MySQL background.

I'm trying to delete some records out of a custom object, and finding it amazingly hard... as it'd take about 2 secs in something like phpMyAdmin.

There's no basic 'empty' option in the Setup

Surprised to find the Data Loader can't delete records based an an External ID, like a SKU

SOQL doesn't have a delete clause so Apex Explorer seems no help in trying to delete, maybe there's a way?

Any info/hints on how to go about emptying a custom object, and deleting specific records based on a query, would be much appreciated.

I'm not familiar with Apex classes, hoping there is some interface type method as found in phpMyAdmin, MySQL Explorer type apps,

Cheers all.