• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

We have a custom object in our sf instance called projects- we use it to track our customer implementations.   When an opportunity is closed, I would like a new project to automatically open and pull over some of the data from the opportunity.  I had hoped I could do this with workflow but I was told I need to use APEX.  I have never written apex code and was hoping someone may have something to share or could point me to some beginner reference material.  Thanks in advance!

Hi, I am trying to figure out how to map fields from 1 tab to another. On our contracts tab, we have a "contract date" and "renewal date" field. We also have these fields on the account tab. I would like the fields on the account tab to be read only and have them populated based on the contract tab fields.  Our contract administrator is responsible for maintaining the information on the contracts tab. However, we'd like some of that data displayed on the account tab.

Is it possible to link the fields together across tabs? 

Thanks!

Hi, I am trying to figure out how to map fields from 1 tab to another. On our contracts tab, we have a "contract date" and "renewal date" field. We also have these fields on the account tab. I would like the fields on the account tab to be read only and have them populated based on the contract tab fields.  Our contract administrator is responsible for maintaining the information on the contracts tab. However, we'd like some of that data displayed on the account tab.

Is it possible to link the fields together across tabs? 

Thanks!

I have setup email to case on my server I have also successfully configured the large attachment processing. The problem that I have is  with the attachments they are not case attachments they are attachments to the email that created the case and can only show up under the related lists on the case.

Is there a way to do any of the following.

1. Modify email-to-case code to make the email attachments case attachment?

2. Have the email-to-case app put the link from the large attachment processing in the case body?

The reason I need to do this is it takes almost 5 clicks of the mouse to finally get to the attachment and all of our cases will have attachments and this makes the process to difficult for support people

Anyone Please Help!

Thanks,