• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Is it possible to include custom object fields when searching using the lookup window?  I have a number of custom objects that use an auto-number for the object name, however searching for these objects is near impossible when I want to link them to another object by selecting the lookup magnifying glass.

I've found several different solutions that suggest that this could be done, however I am unable to get a successful result.  Any help would be appreciated

I have three objects: ForecastWork, ActaulWork and People.  The concept is that People are linked to the ForecastWork so we can track to is planned to be assigned where.  When the ForecastWork become real work, an ActualWork record is created from the ForecastWork record. 

Is there a way to also link all the people that are linked to the ForecastWork to the ActualWork record when it is created (obviously this is only to be done when the ActualWork record is created from the ForecastWork record.  If the ActualWork record is created without a ForecastWork record then there will be no People to link to it).

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

I want to generate a query using the excel connector, however the table I want to use is not in the list to select.  I have also tried "forcing" the table by changing all the values on the spreadsheet from another query, however it says the table does not exist.

What would cause a salesforce table to be considered "non-existing"?

I want to be able to develop an excel "application" that allows users to submit their timesheets to salesforce (i.e. complete the timesheet in excel and insert the data into salesforce), however  I need a lot more control around the data than what the excel connector provides.

Are there any means by which the code for the excel connector can be made available (e.g. licences), and if not, is there anything available that lists all the function calls within the excel connector so that I could call them from within my own code?

I have done some evaluating of the Excel Connector and feel that it will be a valuable solution to our problem, however I think steps involved are going to be too cumbersome for the users do on a daily basis.

Basically I want to be able to create an excel spreadsheet with functionality built through macros, which have the ability to call the functions from the Excel Connector (i.e. refresh data, insert, update).

Is there any documentation that defines what the functions are so that they can be called from another macro/function?

Is it possible to include custom object fields when searching using the lookup window?  I have a number of custom objects that use an auto-number for the object name, however searching for these objects is near impossible when I want to link them to another object by selecting the lookup magnifying glass.

I've found several different solutions that suggest that this could be done, however I am unable to get a successful result.  Any help would be appreciated

I want to be able to develop an excel "application" that allows users to submit their timesheets to salesforce (i.e. complete the timesheet in excel and insert the data into salesforce), however  I need a lot more control around the data than what the excel connector provides.

Are there any means by which the code for the excel connector can be made available (e.g. licences), and if not, is there anything available that lists all the function calls within the excel connector so that I could call them from within my own code?

I'd like to create a custom link on my Account page layout that opens an Opportunity list view, showing all the Opportunities for that Account.

I am able create a custom link that that opens to a Report of all Opportunities for that Account by adding "?pv0=Account ID" to the end of the URL as described in Salesforce Help. Is there a way to mimick this functionality for a list view? I want to take advantage of the inline editing that the list view can offer.

Thanks for any insight!