• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

We have a landing page on our website (classic asp) which is entirely in Japanese.  The content is submitted as a new lead to SF via SOAP request with the API.  The content is being populated in Salesforce but it is not carrying over the japanese characters at all.

I've tried adding this to the top of the request:  <?xml version=\"1.0\" encoding=\"utf-8\"?> and also ("Content-Type", "text/xml; charset=SHIFT_JIS")

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!

• May 24, 2011

I would like to maintain a SharePoint list from a SalesForce table using the Informatica Data Loader. I could possibly use the Data Loader to SQL Server or Access or a csv file and then try to figure out a way to automatically load the data from those sources to SharePoint.

It would be much easier to have a direct connection. I am looking into creating an ODBC connection to a list, but it doesn’t seem possible.

Is there a service I haven’t seen?

Thanks,
Chris

• March 31, 2010

I am adding a lead using the 'create' request.  This is successful but I am unclear about the field 'Campaign'.  If I try to populate that field with a campaign name or id the error I get is:

<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns="urn:enterprise.soap.sforce.com" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
   <soapenv:Body>
      <createResponse>
         <result>
            <errors>
               <message>Invalid foreign key relationship name Campaign</message>
               <statusCode>INVALID_FIELD</statusCode>
            </errors>
            <id xsi:nil="true"/>
            <success>false</success>
         </result>
      </createResponse>
   </soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

• July 14, 2009

I'm attempting to logout a session and am getting the following response:

<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
      <soapenv:Fault>
         <faultcode>soapenv:Client</faultcode>
         <faultstring>No operation available for request {urn:enterprise.soap.sforce.com}logout</faultstring>
      </soapenv:Fault>

I'm using the URL and sessionID from the login() request.

• June 30, 2009

With some suggestions from SimonF on this board i was able to succesfully send a login() request and get a valid response.  That was on the production server.  Now I'm trying to do the same request to my sandbox and am getting a 'invalid login'. 

The only changes i made were the endpoint and the username (added .sandboxname). 

response:

<faultcode>sf:INVALID_LOGIN</faultcode>
         <faultstring>INVALID_LOGIN: Invalid username, password, security token; or user locked out.</faultstring>
         <detail>
            <sf:LoginFault xsi:type="sf:LoginFault">
               <sf:exceptionCode>INVALID_LOGIN</sf:exceptionCode>
               <sf:exceptionMessage>Invalid username, password, security token; or user locked out.</sf:exceptionMessage>
            </sf:LoginFault>
         </detail>

• June 12, 2009

I am fairly new to web services and completely new to using salesForce.com.  I am not sure if I have everything set up within salesForce.com that needs to be set up in order to make soap requests.  I have downloaded the enterprise wsdl and my account is api enabled.  although, when i try to use the login() request I am getting the following response:

<faultstring>INVALID_LOGIN: Invalid username or password, locked out or Self-Service portal is not enabled</faultstring>
         <detail>
               <sf:exceptionMessage>Invalid username or password, locked out or Self-Service portal is not enabled</sf:exceptionMessage>
         </detail>

• June 10, 2009

I'm attempting to logout a session and am getting the following response:

<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
         <faultcode>soapenv:Client</faultcode>
         <faultstring>No operation available for request {urn:enterprise.soap.sforce.com}logout</faultstring>

I'm using the URL and sessionID from the login() request.

• June 30, 2009

With some suggestions from SimonF on this board i was able to succesfully send a login() request and get a valid response.  That was on the production server.  Now I'm trying to do the same request to my sandbox and am getting a 'invalid login'. 

The only changes i made were the endpoint and the username (added .sandboxname). 

response:

<faultstring>INVALID_LOGIN: Invalid username, password, security token; or user locked out.</faultstring>
         <detail>
               <sf:exceptionMessage>Invalid username, password, security token; or user locked out.</sf:exceptionMessage>
         </detail>

• June 12, 2009

I am fairly new to web services and completely new to using salesForce.com.  I am not sure if I have everything set up within salesForce.com that needs to be set up in order to make soap requests.  I have downloaded the enterprise wsdl and my account is api enabled.  although, when i try to use the login() request I am getting the following response:

<faultstring>INVALID_LOGIN: Invalid username or password, locked out or Self-Service portal is not enabled</faultstring>
         <detail>
               <sf:exceptionMessage>Invalid username or password, locked out or Self-Service portal is not enabled</sf:exceptionMessage>
         </detail>

• June 10, 2009