• Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

i'm trying to create a report about Opportunities and Trials (self-provided). But i cant select any of the (date)fields form the trials. I need this fields for the report and for the cart.

If i create a report only about the trials , it is able to select (and see) these fields .

Do you know how i can solve this problem?

Thank you.

Message Edited by foraworm on 08-05-2009 03:23 AM

Hi All,

I am new to Salesforce and I keep getting this error message and have no idea how to fix it. Any ideas?

System.NullPointerException: Attempt to de-reference a null object 

Class.NewGroupSeasonController.execute: line 27, column 91 External entry point

Is there a way to set up a drop down box with maybe three or more email addresses (reply to) for my users to choose from when sending out an email?

I have a VF page segment on my Contact detail page that is used to add notes to my "Notes__c" field in a standard format (with a time/date/author tag).  There is a text area, and a save button that adds this new note to the end of the notes field for the contact.  I would like the button to also update the notes field in the Contact detail to reflect these new notes, but since the Notes field is outside of the VF page segment, I can't figure out how to access it to refresh.

I would like to avoid putting the notes field within the VF page segment, as that would prohibit it from expanding when more notes are added.

Thanks for any suggestions. 

Is there a way for a formula to output a link?  For example, I have a custom object that has a lookup field to a Contact.  I would also like the record to display that Contact's account, ideally as a link to the account page, but without the user having to manually type in the account.  I have figured out how to get it to display the text of the account:

Formula:  Contact__r.Account.Name

But this doesn't display as a link.  Suggestions?

Thanks 

Hello

Part of what we provide our customers as a service is publicity in several company blogs.  It would be extremely valuable to be able to track coverage of each customer on the blog within salesforce.  One idea I had was somehow pulling data from the RSS feeds, then filtering it, and adding each blog entry as a "Media Content" record into SF, then linking the record to one or more Account/Contact records based on string searches.  

Once this was done, I would be able to run reporting on who has and has not gotten enough publicity and attention in the blogs. 

Does anyone have any idea how to go about this?  Obviously, I'm open to other approaches as well, I just thought this seemed like the most feasible.

Thanks 

I have a "Special Event" object, which has a child object, "Attendance" that links it to the Contact object.  Each attendance records the invitation and status of a Contact that has been invited to the event.  On the Special Event detail page, I have a button leading to a VF page that can be used to modify the status of multiple Attendance objects in the table of existing Attendances for that Event.  However, the standard "Save" function gives me an error message:

An internal server error has occurred

An error has occurred while processing your request. The salesforce.com support team has been notified of the problem. If you believe you have additional information that may be of help in reproducing or correcting the error, please contact Salesforce Support. Please indicate the URL of the page you were requesting, any error id shown on this page as well as any other related information. We apologize for the inconvenience. 

Thank you again for your patience and assistance. And thanks for using salesforce.com! 

I'm worried that this is actually an error in my code.  Is something written incorrectly?  Here is the VF page:

<apex:page standardController="SFDC_Special_Event__c" extensions="DinnerInviteController" >

<apex:form >

<apex:pageBlock >

<apex:pageMessages />

<apex:pageBlockButtons >

<apex:commandButton action="{!save}" value="Save"/>

<apex:commandButton action="{!cancel}" value="Cancel" />

</apex:pageBlockButtons>

<apex:pageBlockTable value="{!existingInvitations}" var="i">

<apex:column value="{!i.ContactName__c}" headerValue="Attendee"/>

<apex:column headerValue="Attendance Status">

<apex:inputField value="{!i.Status__c}" />

</apex:column>

</apex:pageBlockTable>

</apex:pageBlock>

</apex:form>

</apex:page>

Here is the relevant controller code:

public with sharing class DinnerInviteController {

private SFDC_Special_Event__c event = new SFDC_Special_Event__c();

private Executive_3D_Group__c currentGrp = new Executive_3D_Group__c();

private List<Contact> toInvite = new List<Contact>();

private List<SFDC_Attendence__c> existingInvitations = new List<SFDC_Attendence__c>();

private List<Contact> existingInvitees = new List<Contact>();

private SFDC_Attendence__c att = new SFDC_Attendence__c();

public DinnerInviteController(ApexPages.StandardController cont){

//Get Special Event record from standard controller

this.event = [Select Id, Executive_3D_Group__c from SFDC_Special_Event__c where

Id=:cont.getId()];

//Get existing Attendance objects

this.existingInvitations = [Select Id, Contact_Attendee__c, Special_Event__c, Status__c, ContactName__c from SFDC_Attendence__c

where Special_Event__c =: this.event.Id ];

//Get existing invitees from existing Attendance list

for(SFDC_Attendence__c a: existingInvitations){

Contact toAdd = [Select Id from Contact where Id=: a.Contact_Attendee__c limit 1];

this.existingInvitees.add(toAdd);

}

//Get group from special event record

this.currentGrp = [Select Id, Group_Number__c from Executive_3D_Group__c where

Id=:this.event.Executive_3D_Group__c limit 1];

}

public List<SFDC_Attendence__c> getExistingInvitations(){

return this.existingInvitations;

}

Is there an error that I am missing?

Thanks a lot 

I have a "Special Event" object that is used to log certain dinners and presentations.  It is linked to Contacts through the "Attendance" object, which has a picklist of "Invited," "Accepted," etc.

Separately, I send Outlook meeting invitations to my invitees.  I would like to have the capability for my Outlook to modify the Attendance object for each Contact as responses to the meeting invite come in.  Basically, I want to pull the invitee list from Outlook and represent that in SF as "Attendance" objects.  Is this possible?  

I could use just regular meetings and SF invitations, but that does not allow me to differentiate between an acceptance and someone actually showing up.  This seems like the most attractive alternative.

Thanks 

I am trying to create a VF page that is used to batch add records.  I have our "Special Event" record, on which there is a "Invite Members" button.  This button should add an "Attendance" record for each of a subset of members.  However, in the custom controller, I would like to verify that Attendance records have not been created yet.  If some exist, I would like to have a VF page pop up that asks if the user is sure of the selected action.  Otherwise, there should just be a validation page.

So how can I change which VF page shows up based on certain parameters in the custom controller?

Thanks 

I have a custom object "Group" that is linked to Opportunities by the "Group" field on the Opportunity record.  I would like a roll up summary onto the Account record, saying how many opportunities are under that accoun with a certain group value.  I tried to do a boolean formula in the opportunity record, saying whether the opportunity had that group value, but then that formula field won't show on the list of roll up fields.  Is it because the formula is referencing multiple objects (opportunity and group)?  What is the best way to get around that?

Thanks

I often create events that have common invitees based on the "group" they are in (a contact lookup field based on a linked group object).  How can I go about setting up events so that everyone that belongs to the group is invited?  Several things I thought could potentially be possible are:

Creating contact groups based on those groups then inviting the contact group to the event

Inviting the group itself, which somehow trickles down to each contact belonging to that group

Create an Apex trigger to automatically invite all contacts, as the result of an SOQL query

Are any of these possible?  I have gathered from previous posts that it is difficult if not impossible to deal with invitees in an Apex trigger.  Is this something to look forward to in the new release perhaps?

Thanks

Hello

I have recently downloaded the Connect for Outlook tool, and I have used it to successfully sync my contacts and calendar with SF.  However, there is one bit of functionality that I am missing.  I hold meetings with clients, and I find it easier for them if I send the meetings as Outlook meeting requests instead of just emails through SF (the imbedded event tracking in SF).  But when I sync with SF, there is no information in Salesforce about which invitees have accepted/declined my invite.  Is there a way to include the invitee information from outlook in the event detail?  It would be ideal if my invitees were included in the already existing structure of "Attending", "Not Responded", and "Declined" related lists in the event detail page.

Thanks 

I would like to create custom tabs for some users where Contacts are split up into different subsets (Current Members, Past Members, Associate Members, etc.) and each subset represents a different tab on the UI.  Is this possible?  The subsets could be controlled by either a record type or another field (member status maybe), but should be editable, as people often change from a current member to a past member and other such changes.

I considered creating separate object types, but then I lose the ability to change a Contact's status, as well as all the pre-built Contact functionality. 

Any advice?

Thanks 

Is there somewhere where I can check how my Eclipse editor handles Force.com syntax coloring?  None of the syntax coloring is shown, everything is black.  I've tried changing the customizable Java syntax coloring, which has no effect.

I'm running Eclipse 3.4.2 on XP Pro with SP 3, if any of that makes a difference.

Thanks 

When I sort a report on a date field (by week, month, year) I would like to set it so that every interval is shown on the chart, even if there is no record thats sorted into the interval (I want to see zero values), more like a histogram than a bar graph or a line graph.  I think its bizarre that the default is to remove those zero columns altogether, because then you could very easy overlook the fact that there is a gap in data.  If you were reporting on, say, deals closed, it would be very important to know if there was a month in which you closed no deals.

Any advice on this?

Thanks 

Where is the report data stored for SF reports?  I would like to pull report data and graphs into a visual force page so I can create a custom report package (similar to a dashboard, but much more customizable), but I don't know where this data is stored.

Is there an object type or something of the sort where report filters and data are stored?  It would also work if I could call dashboard components if they're stored as well, just so that I could skip calling the data tables and go straight to the charts.

Thanks 

I would like to create a custom link on the home screen - "Print report package" which my boss can click which will automatically print 4-5 dashboards so he can review them weekly.  What is the best way to do this?  Am I going to have to download an app?  Or is there some sort of VF operation to load and print a dashboard?  I would like to make this command as easy as possible for the user.

Thanks 

When a user closes an opportunity, I would like to give them the option to send it to the A/R department for invoicing (now a workflow rule via email).  I was thinking the easiest way to do this would be that when a user closes the opportunity, there is a pop up or notification that asks the user, then fills in a checkbox field on the record (To Be Invoiced) based on their response.  The workflow rule would then have a condition to only activate if the checkbox were true.

I now have the checkbox on the opportunity form, but I'm not confident in the system, as I feel that the checkbox is easy to miss.  Is there a way to force the user to consider this option (like a field validation) but not force them to chose one or the other?  I thought a popup question may be what I am looking for.

Or if not, any other suggestions to reach the same functionality?

Thanks 

I have a custom formula field in the opportunity record, "Create-to-Close Interval," that simply outputs the number of days between the creation of an opportunity and its close date.  I would like to run a report that groups all my opps into Create-to-Close intervals of 0-30, 31-60, etc.  I figured that option would be in the Select Grouping window, but when I choose to sort by that field, I cannot change the "Group by" option.

How can I change the grouping intervals in the sort options?

Thanks

How does one deal with record tags in Apex and Visualforce?  For instance, if I want to create a visualforce page that includes a dataTable of records with a certain tag, how do I search for the relevant records in my controller?  Is it a set of fields (Personal Tags, Public Tags) similar to a picklist multi-select?

I'm not really sure how to approach this

Thanks

I would like to email out a tag list every so often (similar to a dashboard refresh email) to members of the company.  For example, I would like to have an email to the sales team every monday, listing the "Hot Leads" for the week.  What is the best way to go about this?  Is there a field on the actual records that keeps track of tags?  How is that info stored in SF?

Thanks 

Hi All,

I am new to Salesforce and I keep getting this error message and have no idea how to fix it. Any ideas?

System.NullPointerException: Attempt to de-reference a null object 

Class.NewGroupSeasonController.execute: line 27, column 91 External entry point

The Salesforce.com documentation team is currently looking for ways to combine reference material across several Force.com technologies--like the API, Apex, and Visualforce--into a single guide. The goal is to ease developers from the burden of switching between two or even three guides when trying to work on a project.

If you had to choose, what information about the Force.com platform would you like to see added to the Visualforce guide? Some examples include:

• Reference material from the API on standard objects and their fields
  • A list of SOSL and SOQL calls that can be used in custom controllers
Message Edited by jwetzler on 01-12-2010 11:41 AM

Is there a way for a formula to output a link?  For example, I have a custom object that has a lookup field to a Contact.  I would also like the record to display that Contact's account, ideally as a link to the account page, but without the user having to manually type in the account.  I have figured out how to get it to display the text of the account:

Formula:  Contact__r.Account.Name

But this doesn't display as a link.  Suggestions?

Thanks 

I have a "Special Event" object, which has a child object, "Attendance" that links it to the Contact object.  Each attendance records the invitation and status of a Contact that has been invited to the event.  On the Special Event detail page, I have a button leading to a VF page that can be used to modify the status of multiple Attendance objects in the table of existing Attendances for that Event.  However, the standard "Save" function gives me an error message:

An internal server error has occurred

An error has occurred while processing your request. The salesforce.com support team has been notified of the problem. If you believe you have additional information that may be of help in reproducing or correcting the error, please contact Salesforce Support. Please indicate the URL of the page you were requesting, any error id shown on this page as well as any other related information. We apologize for the inconvenience. 

Thank you again for your patience and assistance. And thanks for using salesforce.com! 

I'm worried that this is actually an error in my code.  Is something written incorrectly?  Here is the VF page:

<apex:page standardController="SFDC_Special_Event__c" extensions="DinnerInviteController" >

<apex:form >

<apex:pageBlock >

<apex:pageMessages />

<apex:pageBlockButtons >

<apex:commandButton action="{!save}" value="Save"/>

<apex:commandButton action="{!cancel}" value="Cancel" />

</apex:pageBlockButtons>

<apex:pageBlockTable value="{!existingInvitations}" var="i">

<apex:column value="{!i.ContactName__c}" headerValue="Attendee"/>

<apex:column headerValue="Attendance Status">

<apex:inputField value="{!i.Status__c}" />

</apex:column>

</apex:pageBlockTable>

</apex:pageBlock>

</apex:form>

</apex:page>

Here is the relevant controller code:

public with sharing class DinnerInviteController {

private SFDC_Special_Event__c event = new SFDC_Special_Event__c();

private Executive_3D_Group__c currentGrp = new Executive_3D_Group__c();

private List<Contact> toInvite = new List<Contact>();

private List<SFDC_Attendence__c> existingInvitations = new List<SFDC_Attendence__c>();

private List<Contact> existingInvitees = new List<Contact>();

private SFDC_Attendence__c att = new SFDC_Attendence__c();

public DinnerInviteController(ApexPages.StandardController cont){

//Get Special Event record from standard controller

this.event = [Select Id, Executive_3D_Group__c from SFDC_Special_Event__c where

Id=:cont.getId()];

//Get existing Attendance objects

this.existingInvitations = [Select Id, Contact_Attendee__c, Special_Event__c, Status__c, ContactName__c from SFDC_Attendence__c

where Special_Event__c =: this.event.Id ];

//Get existing invitees from existing Attendance list

for(SFDC_Attendence__c a: existingInvitations){

Contact toAdd = [Select Id from Contact where Id=: a.Contact_Attendee__c limit 1];

this.existingInvitees.add(toAdd);

}

//Get group from special event record

this.currentGrp = [Select Id, Group_Number__c from Executive_3D_Group__c where

Id=:this.event.Executive_3D_Group__c limit 1];

}

public List<SFDC_Attendence__c> getExistingInvitations(){

return this.existingInvitations;

}

Is there an error that I am missing?

Thanks a lot 

Hello

I have recently downloaded the Connect for Outlook tool, and I have used it to successfully sync my contacts and calendar with SF.  However, there is one bit of functionality that I am missing.  I hold meetings with clients, and I find it easier for them if I send the meetings as Outlook meeting requests instead of just emails through SF (the imbedded event tracking in SF).  But when I sync with SF, there is no information in Salesforce about which invitees have accepted/declined my invite.  Is there a way to include the invitee information from outlook in the event detail?  It would be ideal if my invitees were included in the already existing structure of "Attending", "Not Responded", and "Declined" related lists in the event detail page.

Thanks 

Hi,

Can Google Charts be shown as Components in the Dashboards section on the Home page?

Any help on this will be hioghly appreciated.

Regards,

OnDem

Is there somewhere where I can check how my Eclipse editor handles Force.com syntax coloring?  None of the syntax coloring is shown, everything is black.  I've tried changing the customizable Java syntax coloring, which has no effect.

I'm running Eclipse 3.4.2 on XP Pro with SP 3, if any of that makes a difference.

Thanks 

Hi,

i'm trying to create a report about Opportunities and Trials (self-provided). But i cant select any of the (date)fields form the trials. I need this fields for the report and for the cart.

If i create a report only about the trials , it is able to select (and see) these fields .

Do you know how i can solve this problem?

Thank you.

Message Edited by foraworm on 08-05-2009 03:23 AM

Any ideas on How to get last activity date of an Account's Open activity?

Thanks.

• August 05, 2009

Hi ,

I need to create a line chart showing 3 lines one for Actual 08 and 09

And the third for budget 09.

I have created 2 custom Objects so my Actual's are all part of one record for the year.

I know the code for a pie chart is

IMAGE("http://chart.apis.google.com/chart?cht=c1&chd=t:" & Text( Variable_1__c )
& "," & Text(Variable_2 __c ) & "," & Text(Variable_3__c ) & "," & Text(Variable_4__c ) & "," & Text(Variable_5__c ) & "&chs=300x100&chf=bg,s,f3f3ec&chl= Variable 1 Name | Variable 2 Name | Variable 3 Name | Variable 4 Name | Variable 5 Name ", "Chart Title")

Do I need to create 36 fields to have my line charts????

Thank you

AND(ISPICKVAL(StageName, "Quotation | Drawing Submittal"),EVO_Quote_No__c = " ")

My formula is not working. I am trying to a Quote Number ( the Field Type: Text) if I reach a specific Stage in the Sales Process. What am I doing wrong? 

I have a custom formula field in the opportunity record, "Create-to-Close Interval," that simply outputs the number of days between the creation of an opportunity and its close date.  I would like to run a report that groups all my opps into Create-to-Close intervals of 0-30, 31-60, etc.  I figured that option would be in the Select Grouping window, but when I choose to sort by that field, I cannot change the "Group by" option.

How can I change the grouping intervals in the sort options?

Thanks

Hi,
The Force.com IDE improves with every release, which is great. However, one odd thing I noticed is that the syntax coloring seems to be case sensitive.
For example, if one types
Map<Id,String> ... no coloring happens, where as if you use lowercase for map as in "map<Id,String>", map gets colored nicely. This doesn't really improve readability and somehow defeats the purpose of syntax coloring. Same is true for DML statements like select vs SELECT.
Please make the coloring case insensitive and maybe add data types to the coloring too when you're at it.
That would improve the IDE a lot.
Thanks,
Andreas

I wasn't sure if this should go to Ideas or not, so I posted it here.