• Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi

We have a web application that the client can install and run. The application supports SAML2 and we were able to configure a enviornment such that user would be able to single sign on to our app and salesforce at the same time using OpenSSO.

However, I am recently required to go one step further. I am asked to see if there is a way that the client does not have to go to OpenSSO login page to login. Instead they want user to be able to login through Salesforce login page. (It looks better)

I have looked into using Delegated Authentication service but that doesn't seem to be the right solution since the SOAP method call only passes username/password/ip. There isn't enough information to log the user in. I need the HttpRequest object to sign in the user.

Any suggestions? I'd really appericate it.

thanks

Hi:

Is there a way to creat custom Motif? If so, can I do it through metadata API. I have been stuck with the motif thing for a while now and I wish there is more resources online about it

thanks

Hi

I have managed to create a custom tab containing URL through Metadata API. However, I have a few problems with it.

1. I am unable to add it to any App: The custom tab is visible to everyone. I have added the tab to a few Apps but I was unable to see the tab from any of those Apps.

2. I noticed the motif field is just a string. The example of "'Custom70: Handsaw," works fine (but you have to remove the single quote and comma) However I wonder how I would be able to get the list of available string to select from and more importantly if there is a way to create custom motif through the metadata API as well.

thanks

Hi

Does salesforce support single "sign out"?

For example allow we to redirect the "logout" link on the top to the address:

http://openssohost:port/opensso/UI/Logout

I am trying to create a custom tag allowing the user to automatically log in to a website specified by a global variable with user-specific credential saved in a custom object (lookup from UserID)

We decided to do it through S-Control. I am a bit lost because S-Control docs are all gone. Can anyone give me some pointer?

Hi

We are looking into integrating our product with salesforce. Part of the requirement is for us to be able to programmatically create new table (object) format on salesforce. If it is possible we would even like to be able to generate workflow, custom view, etc...

Is it possible for us to do that using your API. We have looked through the documentation and couldn't find such functionality so far.

thanks

Peter@Varicent

I am trying to create a custom tag allowing the user to automatically log in to a website specified by a global variable with user-specific credential saved in a custom object (lookup from UserID)

We decided to do it through S-Control. I am a bit lost because S-Control docs are all gone. Can anyone give me some pointer?

Hi

We are looking into integrating our product with salesforce. Part of the requirement is for us to be able to programmatically create new table (object) format on salesforce. If it is possible we would even like to be able to generate workflow, custom view, etc...

Is it possible for us to do that using your API. We have looked through the documentation and couldn't find such functionality so far.

thanks

Peter@Varicent