• 25 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I am looking into what I feel should be a pretty simple integration. I want to schedule a weekly data dump of just the data in one object to our oracle data warehouse. I have lookind into cron apex and understand the scheduling portion well enough.

What I need to find out is how to build a pipe delimited file through apex, or at a bare minimum a csv. Can someone point me in the right direction here?

Also, when making an api call, where will this file reside? How do i retrieve this file?

Thanks for any help,

Dan

• April 04, 2011

What is the reference lable for a custom object field history object? Say I've created an object called "Test Object", I've tried every variatiopn of reference lables to the History table I can think of.

example: <apex:relatedList list="Test_Object_History__r"/> does not work.

Thanks

• March 17, 2011

Hi,

Currently my organization has calculated fields that display the duration in days of a step in one of our processes based on custom fields for Step Start Date and Step End Date. I was wondering if there was a way to figure it out using only weekdays? If the process started on a Friday and ended the following Wednesday, I want it to display 3 business days as opposed to 5 total days.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Dan

• September 27, 2010

I've been searching the sfdc help pages and these boards for a few days now, and I cant seem to find a discussion on it.

I want to create a Date field that can only be editable one time, after that one edit I want it to become read only. Is this possible?

• May 19, 2010

My end goal with this project was to make some lead fields required to convert but not required just to save the record. Maybe I'm going about this all wrong and you guys might have a better solution for me, but right now I'm looking to find a way to create a standard looking salesforce error message with an scontrol. Right now I am using alert boxes and just redirecting back to the lead. This isnt good enough.

I went the way of the ever so increasingly outdated scontrol because we already have one in place that auto populates fields on convert (our logic is more complicated than the simple sfdc mapping).

Any help that you could offer

Thanks

Dan

• July 27, 2009

What is the reference lable for a custom object field history object? Say I've created an object called "Test Object", I've tried every variatiopn of reference lables to the History table I can think of.

example: <apex:relatedList list="Test_Object_History__r"/> does not work.

Thanks

• March 17, 2011

I have a custom button on the Event Page Layout designed to summarize the account/contact/event information from an event.

However, we require that an account be associated to the event in order to use the button.

The What field can be a number of different object types.

How can I programmatically ensure that the what is in fact an account and not something else?

Using javascript, I attempted to use the accountid:

var eventAccount = '{!Event.accountId }';

but there is no actual accountid field on Events.

"Field Event.accountId does not exist. Check spelling."

Is there a way to access accountid via javascript?

Thanks for the help!

I've been searching the sfdc help pages and these boards for a few days now, and I cant seem to find a discussion on it.

I want to create a Date field that can only be editable one time, after that one edit I want it to become read only. Is this possible?

• May 19, 2010

My end goal with this project was to make some lead fields required to convert but not required just to save the record. Maybe I'm going about this all wrong and you guys might have a better solution for me, but right now I'm looking to find a way to create a standard looking salesforce error message with an scontrol. Right now I am using alert boxes and just redirecting back to the lead. This isnt good enough.

I went the way of the ever so increasingly outdated scontrol because we already have one in place that auto populates fields on convert (our logic is more complicated than the simple sfdc mapping).

Any help that you could offer

Thanks

Dan

• July 27, 2009
Hello, I am trying to set up an email alert that goes to users to notify them when a record has been modified. I used ISCHANGED (field) and combined it with AND functions to make it possible to send alert when more than one field had been modified. On the update field side I put values I want to be displayed like " Account, Contact". They all say they are correct formulars but I dont get the updated value that I specified. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong or why ISCHANGED (field) is not working for more than one field? I appreciate any help.