• 135 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I cant figure out why I am getting this error when trying to query an object.  Any suggestions?  Thanks

Rob

Hi, Is there any way on community , so I can change display name of my community account. Thanks in advance, Bala

Fellas,

Got this piece of code that needs to be tested, am aware of unit testing to some extent but still a newbie. Can someone help me write/guide simple test class (called by a visual force page) for the code below, greatly appreciated. :)

public class PDFMerger
{
    public PDFMerger(ApexPages.StandardController controller) {

}

private String getXmlString(pb__InventoryItem__c c, User u)
    {
       datetime todayis = system.now();
       String s = '<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>' +
           '<xfdf xmlns="http://ns.adobe.com/xfdf/" xml:space="preserve">' +
           '<f href="https://*****.salesforce.com/resource/1295957476000/Work_Assurance_Inspection"/>' +
           '<fields>' +
           '<field name="property address"><value>' + c.Unit_No__c + ' ' + c.Project__c + ' '+ c.Area__c + '</value></field>' + 
           '<field name="agent name"><value>' + u.Name + '</value></field>' + 
            '<field name="Date"><value>' + todayis + '</value></field>' +
            '<field name="Property Type"><value>' + c.pb__UnitType__c + '</value></field>' +
            '<field name="Number of Bedrooms"><value>' + c.pb__UnitBedrooms__c + '</value></field>' +
           '</fields><ids original="E348711A455B6041A503958ABEF555F0" modified="D4A9F66D55B86D47A4F3991DD9F07E18"/>' +
           '</xfdf>';

return s;
    }

public PageReference XFDFInit() 
    {
        pb__InventoryItem__c c = [SELECT Id, Ownerid, Name, pb__UnitType__c, pb__UnitBedrooms__c, Unit_No__c, Project__c, Area__c FROM pb__InventoryItem__c
        WHERE id = :ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('id')];

User u = [SELECT id, Name FROM User
        WHERE id = :c.Ownerid];
        String xmlContent = getXmlString(c, u);

Attachment attachment = new Attachment();
        attachment.Body = Blob.valueOf(xmlContent);
        attachment.Name = c.Name + '.XFDF';
        attachment.ParentId = c.Id;

insert attachment;

PageReference contactPage = new PageReference('/' + c.id);
        contactPage.setRedirect(true);
        return contactPage;
   } 

Salesforce.com offers 2 different products for web sites: Force.com Sites and Site.com. Please visit http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/Websites for details.

Feel free to post any questions you have about differentiating between the two!

• April 10, 2013

Hi friends ~

I was cleaning up some boards that have very little traffic and merging content. 

Notifications were supposed to have been turned off during this time but it has come to my attention that this was not actually done; I deeply apologize to all of you who had your inboxes stuffed with notification, I'm really, really sorry about this. 

Also, moved posts have not been sorting correctly by date and are now floating at the top. This is being looked into ASAP and I hope to be solved shortly. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, we are undertaking these changes with the hope to make the boards easier to navigate and find the information you need. 

Let me know if you have any questions or comments!

Best,

Dana

• October 23, 2012

Want to turn up or tune your game? Dan Appleman's new book has been published!

This new book focuses on core Apex programming and design patterns. Ideal for intermediate to advanced Apex programmers, and those coming to Apex from other languages.

For more information visit http://AdvancedApex.com

• August 14, 2012

Some folks have experienced seeing an error page upon visiting these boards after either shutting down their computers or browsers, and then coming back.

We have determined that the cookie settings had an error which may cause this. If you are experiencing this error, then please be sure to log out, then log back in to update your cookie. You should no longer experience this error after you do so.

If you continue to experience this error, please email me directly (dle@salesforce.com) and let me. know. Oh, and feel free to let me know about any other issues with the boards you may be experiencing. Thanks!

• February 09, 2011

This question comes up from time to time, so I thought I'd place it as a sticky here for future reference.

Seems like changing your email address should be easy, right? Well, it is, but you need to know just a couple things. That is, you use your Force.com or Salesforce account credentials to log in to the boards. The information coming from your account is the "master" information and the boards just stores it.

So to change your email address, log in to your salesforce org and change your email there, until your personal settings. Then, the next time you visit the boards be sure you're logged out, and then log back in. The email change will propagate and you should be good to go.

Hope that helps!

• January 25, 2011

Hi friends,

It's been a long time coming but on Monday next week, 10/4, we'll be updating the login we use for these discussion boards. The new login will use the standard salesforce UI, offering better security and experience, as well as correcting some issues with the previous login that some of you have experienced.

In our testing, it looks like in some cases the link to the old login may stay cached in your system for a while. If you close your browser and restart it, that may clear the cache to the old link, in some cases you may have to go into your browser's preferences to clear the cache manually.

The login page has changed considerably, so you should know the difference. It should look like this page:

https://login.salesforce.com/?lt=devforce&qs=p=boards&startURL=http%3A%2F%2Fboards.developerforce.com%2F%3Fcategory.id%3Ddevelopers

You can use this link above to log in to the discussion boards.

Hope that helps, please let me know if you experience any problems or have feedback for me. Thanks!

• October 02, 2010

What is great about Flash Builder is that you can choose to deploy a Flash-based app or Air-based desktop clients. And because it is fully integrated with Force.com, using the Force.com Flex framework, you can start developing truly game-changing, cloud-based, enterprise productivity apps.

Read the blog with details about the product launch here!

Updated 10/27/2011

Due to too many mis-posted threads here, I'm going to ask for bona-fide announcments that you precede your title with a categorization: "Webinar:", "Product Release: ", "Networking: " or "Event: ". E.g., "Webinar: Build data-rich websites with Siteforce".

If you have another category of announcement that should be included email me and let me know (dle@salesforce.com). I'm trying to cut down on the misposts to Announcements. 

IF YOU POST WITHOUT AN ANNOUNCEMENT CATEGORY I WILL DELETE YOUR POSTING. Moderators are spending too much time moving threads around.

Thanks!

Hey community pals,

We conferred about this and decided to open up the Announcements board to the entire community. To be clear, please only post your announcements that would be of interest to the Developer Force community, such as developer-focused events and product launches.

Please don't abuse the privilege and only post items of interest. Thank you!

I'm crowdsourcing what our community would like to see for new recipes in updating our cookbook! What recipes would be helpful that you'd like to see written? Email me with specifics if you have ideas on what needs to be implemented!

As promised, the community voting portion for the Chatter Developer Challenge has closed. Thank you everyone for your participation and feedback to the participation. And an especially big thanks to our entrants making a great showing with your wonderful videos and all the effort you put in. Voting is closed, but you can still visit the gallery and login to leave comments for folks.

The next step is that all the entrants will be judged by our expert panel to determine final placings. Then, those winners will be announced at the 6/22 hackathon at the Cloudforce 2 event. If you're anywhere in the area, register here to attend! It will be great fun to meet you all. 

Thanks again to everyone, and keep your fingers crossed for your favorite entry!

Go visit the gallery here, login and vote for your favorite entries. If you click through, you can comment on entries, ask questions, and start discussions on each of the entries.

Community voting will determine the finalists, then those will go on to be judged by our panel of experts. Winners will be announced at our free developer's conference in San Jose on 6/22. Register here if you'd like to attend our many sessions and follow-on to this Challenge (do I smell a hackathon?).

Go visit the gallery here, login and vote for your favorite entries. If you click through, you can comment on entries, ask questions, and start discussions on each of the entries.

Community voting will determine the finalists, then those will go on to be judged by our panel of experts. Winners will be announced at our free developer's conference in San Jose on 6/22. Register here if you'd like to attend our many sessions and follow-on to this Challenge (do I smell a hackathon?).

Just wanted to make you all aware of the cutoff time -- 11:59p PDT Sunday! You can still hammer out your killer app over the weekend. Post any questions or help you need on the Developer Force profile wall in the Chatter Dev Zone or over in the Chatter discussion board here.

Good luck!

Be aware of the cut off time -- 11:59p PDT Sunday! You can still hammer out your killer app over the weekend. Post any questions or help you need on the Developer Force profile wall in the Chatter Dev Zone or over in the Chatter discussion board here.

Good luck!

Registrations are now open for this tech talk. Sign up to join the webinar right here. The tech talk is June 15, and offered at two times: 6am PDT and 10am PDT. Signups are limited so register early!

Hey! For all those who have been working on your killer Chatter app, submission is live!

When you're ready to submit your application for consideration, visit this page. Your application will need:

• Title
  • Description
  • The YouTube link to your demo video
  • A screenshot of the app
  • Optionally, you may also include a site url, but is not required.

Submissions will be previewed via our Ideas community site that will debut shortly. Once submissions close on June 6 11:59 pm PDT, we'll open up voting on our Challenge site. From there, the top finalists will be judged by our expert panel from salesforce.com -- and winners will be announced at an event toward the end of June!

Oh, and BTW, the first 25 submissions get a Force.com T-shirt!

If you haven't started yet, there's still time! Visit the Developer Challenge page to find out more.

Good luck!

Hey! For all those who have been working on your killer Chatter app, submission is live!

When you're ready to submit your application for consideration, visit this page. Your application will need:

• Title
  • Description
  • The YouTube link to your demo video
  • A screenshot of the app
  • Optionally, you may also include a site URL, but it isn't required.

Submissions will be previewed via our Ideas community site that will debut shortly. Once submissions close on June 6 11:59 pm PDT, we'll open up voting on our Challenge site. From there, the top finalists will be judged by our expert panel from salesforce.com -- and winners will be announced at an event toward the end of June!

Oh, and BTW, the first 25 submissions get a Force.com T-shirt!

If you haven't started yet, there's still time! Visit the Developer Challenge page to find out more.

Good luck!

I'm sure you've all seen the banners and teasers by now -- tomorrow is the day of the VMforce announcment. So if you haven't already, be sure to sign up and watch the live webinar tomorrow! This announcement is going to have enormous implications for our developer community. Feel free to speculate and throw around rumors!

• April 26, 2010

Hello, This is actually a test, if any of you are wondering.

• April 21, 2010
  • April 16, 2010

Hi friends ~

I was cleaning up some boards that have very little traffic and merging content. 

Notifications were supposed to have been turned off during this time but it has come to my attention that this was not actually done; I deeply apologize to all of you who had your inboxes stuffed with notification, I'm really, really sorry about this. 

Also, moved posts have not been sorting correctly by date and are now floating at the top. This is being looked into ASAP and I hope to be solved shortly. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, we are undertaking these changes with the hope to make the boards easier to navigate and find the information you need. 

Let me know if you have any questions or comments!

Best,

Dana

• October 23, 2012

Don't forget to register and come learn about new developer features in the Spring '12 Release Preview. Join us on 1/10 at 7am PST or 10am PST:

http://www.developerforce.com/events/spring_12_webinars/registration.php?d=70130000000s9b5

I cant figure out why I am getting this error when trying to query an object.  Any suggestions?  Thanks

Rob

Hi,

How do i get site force enabled in my Org? I had been hearing for a while now that site force would be GA  but never heard anything officially. Can any one let me know please.

Thanks.

• August 15, 2011

I tried last year without success.... Is there anyone in the South Jersey / Philly area that has any interest in attending the DEV 531 Class ????

I am trying to get 6 people so we can have a class in Philly.  The May class that was scheduled in NY has been moved to Boston.

Anyone?

• April 20, 2011

Hello fellow board members,

I thought I'd ask around for your opinion on the proper etiquette when marking solutions as solved.

Seemes to happen often that after going back and forth trying to resolve someone's issue, when the poster finally gets the answer, he/she marks one of their own posts as the solution. While I'm all for sharing and helping, it's also nice to be recognized for the effort. But I feel weird asking the original poster to give credit to me instead...

Thoughts?

I just viewed a post that I had written a week or so ago, copied the subject line, and then pasted it into the Search box at the top right of the Developerforce site. But when I searched for that string, my post didn't show up in the results.

It's not just this one post -- I've been having problems for quite a while finding posts that I know exist. The discussion boards are a great resource, but not so much when I can't rely on the search results. Is somebody working on the search funtionality?

• April 12, 2011

I have a force.com free edition account.But 2 days ago i lost my password.And i decided to reset my password.

I clicked the reset link and i log my security answer but the page isnt redirected to page where you create your new pass.

I have to say that ,before i lost my password i had changed my email address.

I thought my ip or my mac address is banned ,have any idea?

• March 26, 2011

I am new to Cloud Platform...I want to create Public site in Cloud Platform....

I go through http://www.salesforce.com/in/platform/siteforce/

But My doubt is Which Language can i use for Website development in cloud platform????........how to do this.........Also how to develop website in force.com IDE????

Where to start developing website......I have registered in Developer Edition.....then i got how to develop Applications.....many places sales force focus on Applications....how to develop websites......where can i get clear step by step procedure.........including codings.......Plz clear my doubts...........

I looked for, but could not find anyone doing a WCF-based salesforce client library.

We've started creating one but surely there have been many robust client libraries for .NET integration to SalesForce built over recent years? Where can I find such a thing?

By way of example, here are a couple features I'd like to see:

- Automatic handling of login()

don't make me have to include calls to login/logout in my application code. Login could be implicit, and credentials encapsulated safely somewhere by the library.

- Automatic setting fields to null

let me write natural c# code like below to set a field null.

Account.Foo = null;

- Give me simplified APIs, and how about generics

// returns a strongly typed contact by id
sflibrary.Get<Contact>(id); 

// inserts a single contact, returns a single result - no messing
// with collections in our out of the method.
result = sflibrary.Insert(contact); 

- or setting optional properties (aka set property "foo" on an object without needing to set "fooSpecified".

// this
Account.SomeDate = DateTime.Now;

// instead of
Account.SomeDate = DateTime.Now;
Account.SomeDateSpecified = true;

The list goes on... Is there anything like this out there, or am I just wishful thinking?

Hi, Is there any way on community , so I can change display name of my community account. Thanks in advance, Bala

Hi guys when trying to register I receive an error. I need help.

http://awesomescreenshot.com/0d97gbfa9

• February 13, 2011
Basically, the IDE locks up whenever a non-instant API process is kicked off. Examples include running a validation deployment, refreshing a not-so-small number of items, and basically anything that shows the pop-out progress bar window. This is extremely frustrating, since Eclipse absolutely supports asynchronous background tasks that would not completely halt any other work from being done while the process is running. To top it off, it isn't just Eclipse that locks up, but many GUI based-processes directly attached to Windows Explorer, which basically means, the developer becomes completely useless until the action completes. Also, the Cancel option on this dialog is useless, since it just doesn't work at all.

Fellas,

Got this piece of code that needs to be tested, am aware of unit testing to some extent but still a newbie. Can someone help me write/guide simple test class (called by a visual force page) for the code below, greatly appreciated. :)

public class PDFMerger
{
    public PDFMerger(ApexPages.StandardController controller) {

}

private String getXmlString(pb__InventoryItem__c c, User u)
    {
       datetime todayis = system.now();
       String s = '<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>' +
           '<xfdf xmlns="http://ns.adobe.com/xfdf/" xml:space="preserve">' +
           '<f href="https://*****.salesforce.com/resource/1295957476000/Work_Assurance_Inspection"/>' +
           '<fields>' +
           '<field name="property address"><value>' + c.Unit_No__c + ' ' + c.Project__c + ' '+ c.Area__c + '</value></field>' + 
           '<field name="agent name"><value>' + u.Name + '</value></field>' + 
            '<field name="Date"><value>' + todayis + '</value></field>' +
            '<field name="Property Type"><value>' + c.pb__UnitType__c + '</value></field>' +
            '<field name="Number of Bedrooms"><value>' + c.pb__UnitBedrooms__c + '</value></field>' +
           '</fields><ids original="E348711A455B6041A503958ABEF555F0" modified="D4A9F66D55B86D47A4F3991DD9F07E18"/>' +
           '</xfdf>';

return s;
    }

public PageReference XFDFInit() 
    {
        pb__InventoryItem__c c = [SELECT Id, Ownerid, Name, pb__UnitType__c, pb__UnitBedrooms__c, Unit_No__c, Project__c, Area__c FROM pb__InventoryItem__c
        WHERE id = :ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('id')];

User u = [SELECT id, Name FROM User
        WHERE id = :c.Ownerid];
        String xmlContent = getXmlString(c, u);

Attachment attachment = new Attachment();
        attachment.Body = Blob.valueOf(xmlContent);
        attachment.Name = c.Name + '.XFDF';
        attachment.ParentId = c.Id;

insert attachment;

PageReference contactPage = new PageReference('/' + c.id);
        contactPage.setRedirect(true);
        return contactPage;
   } 

Every time I click the link in an email post reply notification, I get this message.

The link you clicked is requesting an operation that requires authentication, but the authentication failed.
There are five main reasons why this may happen:

1) The link you clicked on was not generated for you, but was intended only for someone else's use to perform an action on their account. If the other person pasted such a link into a message body or you were re-directed to such a link from another link you clicked on, the authentication will fail and you will arrive here instead.

2) The link was valid for you, but your authentication ticket has expired. If this is the case, hit the back button in your browser and refresh the page containing the link. You will then get a fresh ticket and when you click on the link again it will work.

3) Your browser session may have expired. If so, hit the back button in your browser, then refresh the page containing the link you clicked on. You will get a fresh ticket and if you click on the link again it will work.

4) Your browser may be set to not accept session cookies (or the cookie may have been deleted, or you may have been prompted and refused the cookie), in this case you should modify your browser settings to accept session cookies, and/or accept the session cookie if you are prompted, in order to use this site.

5) Your browser arrived at this location from someplace other than this site (an external link or site), or your browser or security software may be set to not send referrer information, in this case you should use the links on this site itself or verify that your browser or security software settings allow sending referrer information, in order to use this site.

Return to my original page ..

If I close this page, and click the link in the email again, it usually works fine.  It's getting rather annoying though.

Updated 10/27/2011

Due to too many mis-posted threads here, I'm going to ask for bona-fide announcments that you precede your title with a categorization: "Webinar:", "Product Release: ", "Networking: " or "Event: ". E.g., "Webinar: Build data-rich websites with Siteforce".

If you have another category of announcement that should be included email me and let me know (dle@salesforce.com). I'm trying to cut down on the misposts to Announcements. 

IF YOU POST WITHOUT AN ANNOUNCEMENT CATEGORY I WILL DELETE YOUR POSTING. Moderators are spending too much time moving threads around.

Thanks!

Hey community pals,

We conferred about this and decided to open up the Announcements board to the entire community. To be clear, please only post your announcements that would be of interest to the Developer Force community, such as developer-focused events and product launches.

Please don't abuse the privilege and only post items of interest. Thank you!

I've been getting a lot of time outs in the last few weeks. Has anyone else noticed an increase of this? Maybe it's just us, I'm not sure.
J
  • December 15, 2005