• Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

I'm trying to search and display Chatter Group feed using following query but it's throwing error

'Didn't understand relationship 'FeedItem' in field path. If you are attempting to use a custom relationship, be sure to append the '__r' after the custom relationship name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names'

Select FeedItem.Body, FeedItem.Title, FeedItem.Type From CollaborationGroupFeed u where parentid=''

same query is mentioned in Chatter Cheat Sheet.

How can I get it working?

Thanks & Regards

-Kunjan

Hi,

How can I ping or initiate telnet command from Salesforce to the Organization's internal application?

Firewall ports are open but I want to just check the connectivity.

Thanks

-Kunjan

Can I find out view state size of my Visualforce page in advance and show customized error message to user instead of showing something like 

"Maximum view state size limit (135KB) exceeded. Actual view state size for this page was 138.141KB"

How can it be done? Please suggest.

Thanks

-Kunjan

Hi,

How can we get floating column/table headers in Visualforce page?

Is there any other option without using Javascript?

Thanks,

-Kunjan

Hi,

I am not sure what is significance of <apex:inlineEditSupport/> because inline editing is enabled using <apex:pageBlock mode="inlineEdit"> so why do we need <apex:inlineEditSupport/>  tag at all..

I thought with using <apex:inlineEditSupport /> you can enable inline edit only on certain fields and not on entire block and so you can use dependent picklists and lock certain fields from inline editing within the pageblock.  but that's not the case..!!

<apex:inlineEditSupport/> does not work without <apex:pageBlock mode="inlineEdit">..!!

Thanks & Regards,

-Kunjan

Hi,

I have custom list which I am displaying in VF inside page block. I have enabled inline editing so that users can edit any record in the list and save the changes.

But any changes to only last record in the list are getting saved. Inline changes to any other record in the list are not getting saved.

I tried both the following options for inline editing...

<apex:pageBlock mode="inlineEdit">

<apex:inlineEditingSupport> component

Is this the expected behavior? Is there any solution/workaround to this?

Thanks & Regards,

-Kunjan

Hi,

Can I pre-populate master and dependent pick list fields together using URL Parameters?

I am able to populate master pick list but dependent pick list value is not getting populated.

Thanks

- Kunjan

Hi,

I have inline Visualforce page which I include in page layout for some functionality.

I have set page height as 100px in page layout. If User is of one role then I want to display 10 links and if User is another role then dislay 6 links.

How do I change page height based on logic in vf page?

Hi,

How can I refresh my particular related list based on certain action I perform on inline visualforce page?

I have inline VF page on Account Object and based on click of link on it, I insert record in one object. I only want to refresh

that inline VF page and related list of the object in which I inserted the record. I can refresh inline VF but how to refresh

specific related list? I am trying with rerender option but not getting Id of the specific related list on the page.

Thanks

- Kunjan

Hi

How can we create inline visualforce pages with thin border like normal Salesforce page? Is there any option on Apex:pageblock tag to keep the border thin and not showing thick visualforce pageblock border?

Thanks

Hi,

I want to get records created in last 24 hours in Apex SoQL query like

'Select Id, name, recordtypeid from Opportunity where createddate = LAST 24 Hours'. How can I do that?

I can get it using system.now() - 1 but SoQL query does not support returned datetime format.

Thanks

- Kunjan

Hi

How to pass Opportunity Id to email Template merge fields from Apex Class when you set TargetObjectId as User Id and not Contact Id.

Whatid option work with Contact record and not with User record.

sample code is given below:

mail.setToAddresses(toAddresses);
mail.setTargetObjectId(account.Owner.Id);
mail.setWhatId(opp.Id);                       
mail.setTemplateId('00XQ0000000Dcru');

Thanks

- Kunjan

Hi

How do I convert any type (newvalue and oldvalue fields in history table) fields to currency/double/Integer fields and use for any calculation?

Thanks

- Kunjan

Message Edited by KVaishna on 02-18-2010 01:52 PM

Hi

I am not able to see newly created fields in Apex Explorer in the custom object. I can see those fields through UI and even able to access fields in Apex code but cant locate them in explorer.

What could be the reason?

Thanks

Hi,

I am trying to implement Apex Scheduler feature. I have created one Class named OpportunityDateUpdate and another class ScheduledJobs. ScheduledJobs implements Schedulable interface and has global void execute(SchedulableContext SC)method. I call OpportunityDateUpdate class from ScheduledJobs class execute method.

I tried to schedule this through user interface and also through system.schedule method but its not running. When I go to Scheduled Jobs link in Monitoring, I can see Apex class scheduled but its not running any update on Opportunity object.

Do I need to do any other setting to run this?

Thanks

- Kunjan

Hi,

I have inline Visualforce page which I include in page layout for some functionality.

I have set page height as 100px in page layout. If User is of one role then I want to display 10 links and if User is another role then dislay 6 links.

I've tried to install the Force.com IDE on my Windows 7 32-bit laptop.  I have other eclipse-based IDEs installed and working fine on this machine.

After the install, the installer launches the IDE, but the window is titled "Eclipse Provisioning" and the install seems incomplete.  The Window menu just has a Preferences option, so I cannot switch to the Force.com Perspective.  The bottom of the window includes tabs for "Apex Test Runner" and "Execute Anonymous" that look like they're Force.com related, but I can't seem to do much else.

Has anyone else run into this problem?

-Tom

Can I find out view state size of my Visualforce page in advance and show customized error message to user instead of showing something like 

"Maximum view state size limit (135KB) exceeded. Actual view state size for this page was 138.141KB"

How can it be done? Please suggest.

Thanks

-Kunjan

Hi,

How can we get floating column/table headers in Visualforce page?

Is there any other option without using Javascript?

Thanks,

-Kunjan

Hi,

I am not sure what is significance of <apex:inlineEditSupport/> because inline editing is enabled using <apex:pageBlock mode="inlineEdit"> so why do we need <apex:inlineEditSupport/>  tag at all..

I thought with using <apex:inlineEditSupport /> you can enable inline edit only on certain fields and not on entire block and so you can use dependent picklists and lock certain fields from inline editing within the pageblock.  but that's not the case..!!

<apex:inlineEditSupport/> does not work without <apex:pageBlock mode="inlineEdit">..!!

Thanks & Regards,

-Kunjan

Hi,

I have custom list which I am displaying in VF inside page block. I have enabled inline editing so that users can edit any record in the list and save the changes.

But any changes to only last record in the list are getting saved. Inline changes to any other record in the list are not getting saved.

I tried both the following options for inline editing...

<apex:pageBlock mode="inlineEdit">

<apex:inlineEditingSupport> component

Is this the expected behavior? Is there any solution/workaround to this?

Thanks & Regards,

-Kunjan

If I have a Custom Controller and VisualForce page with a PageBlockTable and InlineEditSupport, what do I need to do to save the changes to multiple records in my PageBlockTable?

I tried 

public PageReference SaveTiers(){
        update tiers;
        setup(fields.id);
        return null;
    }

where tiers is a list<tier__c> and setup() grabs the list of tier__c and fills tiers. THe thing is, I got this working at one point, but after a refresh it quit working and now I can't get it to work at all.

I would post all my code, but it would just confuse more because it is complicated and calls a lot of outside classes. Suffice to say, all I want to know is how would I write a function that saves the changes to a list of records that were changed via the inlineediting ui in a pageblocktable?

Hi,

I am trying to create a Mass Edit page where our reps can see certain fields on all of the opportunities they are involved in.  I have the page rendered with all of the records and am attempting to implement a save button that will only update those records which have actually been changed.  Currently, using even the standard controller save functionality, ALL records are modified, but we don't want it to look like a rep changed ALL his records when, in fact, only a few records may have been updated. 

Here is what I have right now, but opportunityList is reflecting no changes, so nothing gets updated:

public PageReference save() {
	List<Opportunity> updateList = new List<Opportunity>(); //to capture the opportunities that need to be updated
	for (Integer i=0; i < opportunityList.size();i++){ //loop through the opportunities and if anything has been changed, we will update it.
		if(opportunityList.get(i).opp <> originalOpportunityList.get(i).opp){
			updateList.add(opportunityList.get(i).opp);
		}
	}
	update updateList;
	originalOpportunityList = opportunityList;
	return null;
}

I belive I need to access the current page values and do some sort of comparison, but I am unsure exactly how to do that.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Hi

How can we create inline visualforce pages with thin border like normal Salesforce page? Is there any option on Apex:pageblock tag to keep the border thin and not showing thick visualforce pageblock border?

Thanks

Hi,

I want to get records created in last 24 hours in Apex SoQL query like

'Select Id, name, recordtypeid from Opportunity where createddate = LAST 24 Hours'. How can I do that?

I can get it using system.now() - 1 but SoQL query does not support returned datetime format.

Thanks

- Kunjan

Hi

I am not able to see newly created fields in Apex Explorer in the custom object. I can see those fields through UI and even able to access fields in Apex code but cant locate them in explorer.

What could be the reason?

Thanks

I created a VF page, that displays datatable via controller.

But, header in the datatable cannot be displayed floating like Report.

Can you teach me how to display a floating header ? 

Message Edited by tetsuya on 05-28-2009 02:39 AM

Is there an easy way to only display the Time of a DateTime object in VisualForce?

Also is there an easy way to display the Day-of-the-week like 'Friday' in VisualForce?

Currently, I'm using a switch statement taken from the pdf on Formulas, but am wondering if there is a better method:

{!CASE(MOD( TODAY() - DATE(1900, 1, 7), 7),0, "Sunday",1, "Monday",2, "Tuesday",3, "Wednesday",4, "Thursday",5, "Friday",6, "Saturday", "Error")}

Thanks

Parker