• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I'm using the URL hack here:

http://blogs.salesforce.com/support/2008/07/the-quick-email.html

Actually, the first comment shows how to do it for a lead, and it's almost perfect, except when I add &save=1 to it, the page gives me: 

The page you submitted was invalid for your session. Please click Save again to confirm your change.

The idea of this link is to have it send the email and come right back to the page.  But save isn't working. Is it not available in this context?  Does Parameter order make any difference?

thanks! 

Ok, I've dug around the docs, and I'm sure this is easy, but I couldn't find it.

Here's my query... run in PHP. 

$query = "Select FirstName, LastName, Email, AltEmail__c, Phone, AltPhone__c, Fax__c, Street, City, State, PostalCode  from Lead where Id = '".$_GET['affid']."'"; 

I do a var_dump on the results, and all of the built-in fields have data, but all of the custom fields aren't even returned.

I get no error from SF.

I ran the exact same query in Apex Explorer 8, and the data is there.

Any idea?

Oh, and a second easy question,  select * from table gives me unexpected token.  Have they disabled returning every column, so you MUST name them out one by one?

Thanks 

Ok, I'm just getting started in SF, and I'm under a time crunch.  Normally for a basic problem like this I would spend the time to RTFM before asking this, but right now I just need help getting this done.

We have leads that are coming in two ways, entered directly into SF, and by filling out a form on our website.  I want to create an insert trigger that sends a welcome email IF the 'send_welcome_email' flag is set on the user.  Then I want to clear the flag.

So far, I have nothing.  The only thing I DO have is the force IDE set up so I can put triggers on my leads (I'm not working on the sandbox, but the real thing.)  I've done a blank trigger just to make sure, and it is installing.

Does anyone have an example of what this trigger should look like? 

Thanks!

Not that it matters, but my experience is in PHP. 

I sent this to my SF rep, no response yet, so I hope you guys can help.

BTW, I DO know I need the PHP toolkit (v13) and to upgrade from 5.2 to 5.3 for a few features.

BTW, I'm using Pro now, I'm pretty sure the upgrade to enterprise is required... (And forgive me, I dumbed this down a bit because I was speaking to a sales person ;) I do know a little bit more than I let on. 

-------------snip---------------- 

There are three independent goals here for me.  Inorder, they are.

1.       Movedata from our system to SF for reporting and communicating withcustomers/affiliates. Should be easy, I’m just moving data one way.

2.       Movedata from SF to our system. Should be easy,  moving data the other way.

3.       UseSF to manage sales commissions and bonuses.  This is morecomplicated.  SF will be used to manage processes at this point, withoutnecessarily communicating to our servers about what’s done.

So, I thought I was going to go get the documentation forthe API, upgrade to enterprise, and go to work.

Well, then I’m flooded with options.  And I think thebiggest thing I’m having a hard time with is that some tools are for me towrite applications to sell to SF customers.  Some tools are for me tobuild my entire SITE on SF.  But I want whichever tools I need JUST tocommunicate with MY data.

So do I need to be looking at Visualforce or Apex orforce.com api?

Partner API vs enterprise API?

Should I be looking at force.com?

Do I need a developer account?

Anything I'm missing here? 

----------------

Thanks guys 

Ok, I'm just getting started in SF, and I'm under a time crunch.  Normally for a basic problem like this I would spend the time to RTFM before asking this, but right now I just need help getting this done.

We have leads that are coming in two ways, entered directly into SF, and by filling out a form on our website.  I want to create an insert trigger that sends a welcome email IF the 'send_welcome_email' flag is set on the user.  Then I want to clear the flag.

So far, I have nothing.  The only thing I DO have is the force IDE set up so I can put triggers on my leads (I'm not working on the sandbox, but the real thing.)  I've done a blank trigger just to make sure, and it is installing.

Does anyone have an example of what this trigger should look like? 

Thanks!

Not that it matters, but my experience is in PHP.