• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Got a problem where richtext fields don't save on a Visualforce page. They show up just fine in view and edit mode on the VF page. I can put data and pictures in them from the standard UI but when I add anything to the richtext fields on the VF page and click Save those fields aren't saved. Every other field on the page is saved, just not the richtext fields. The page and controller are both on version 19.0 and all development (and testing) is being done on in a dev org, not Eclipse.

Am I doing something wrong here?

Here's the relevant code:

public class contactEditController
{
  ApexPages.StandardController controller;
  public Contact con;

public olesContactEditController(ApexPages.StandardController c)
  {
    controller = c;

// Get the current record.
    this.con = (Contact)controller.getRecord();

}

// Override standard save to NOT return a page reference.
  // This lets us close the popup window via javascript.
  public PageReference save()
  {
    controller.save();
    return null;
  }
}

<snip>
        <apex:pageBlockButtons location="bottom">
          <apex:commandLink action="{!save}" value="Save" oncomplete="closeWin(true);" title="Save changes" />
        </apex:pageBlockButtons>
</snip>
<snip>
          <apex:pageBlockSectionItem>
            <apex:outputLabel for="relationship">Relationship:</apex:outputLabel>
            <apex:inputField id="relationship" value="{!Contact.Relationship__c}" />
          </apex:pageBlockSectionItem>
</snip>

TIA,

John

Back in the days of yore, we had splash pages made out of S-Controls --  you may have heard of them...

Anyway, now that S-Controls are old-fashioned, we need to replace our old S-Controls with Visualforce pages. Not a big deal, except that the buttons at the bottom of the splash page -- the Don't Show This Again and Continue buttons that were added automatically for any S-Control splash page -- those buttons are gone!

What's the best way to get these buttons to show up on a VF splash page?

Thanks,

John

I have an Apex webservice running in one org, and I want to make a call to that Apex webservice from some Apex code running in a completely different org.

1. Can I do this?

2. How?

I know the Apex webservice is working properly because I am already calling it from a C# application. I want to consume the same webservice from an Apex application now.

Thanks,

John

Can anyone point me to the documentation, or better yet some sample code, for doing an upsert with the partner WSDL rather than the enterprise WSDL? I have recently become aware of the differences between the two WSDLs and need to refactor some enterprise-WSDL code to use the partner WSDL instead.

Haven't been able to find anything useful on this yet ...

TIA,

John

I need to integrate Gotomeeting with Salesforce. There isn't anything on the AppExchange for Gotomeeting. Is there a good way to this? Has anyone else successfully integrated Gotomeeting into Salesforce?

Specifically, I need to be able to create an event in Salesforce (populating the SF calendar), invite people to that event (populating the invitees' calendars), and then create a Gotomeeting event, inviting all of those people to that Gotomeeting event.

Any ideas?

TIA,

John

I have a customer with a customer portal and case assignment rules. The goal is for any customer submitting a case to have that case assigned to the proper support team. If the customer edits the case on the portal, however, the case is re-assigned to according to those rules. I don't want this to happen, obviously - the case may be been subsequently re-assigned, which means extra work all around.

I found this on the SF help (https://na3.salesforce.com/help/doc/user_ed.jsp?section=help&target=customer_portal_notes_on_pages.htm&loc=help&hash=topic-title):

For case assignment rules to work on the Customer Portal, select the Show Case Assignment checkbox and Select Case Assignment checkbox by default checkboxes on case page layouts assigned to portal profiles. Portal users cannot view these checkboxes on the Customer Portal. Note that assignment rules trigger when a case is created and when it is edited. To prevent cases from being automatically reassigned when edited by portal users, add a rule entry using the criteria Current User: User Type contains Customer Portal and select the Do Not Reassign User checkbox. For more information, see Setting Up Assignment Rules.

Doesn't work. The case isn't assigned at all, now.

How do we set up case assignment rules so that cases created through the portal are assigned correctly, and cases edited through the portal are not re-assigned?

Thanks,

John 

I heard a rumor that with the new release of SF we will be able to add VF pages to a standard layout without having to limit that page to a single standard controller?

True or false?

(Oh please let it be true!)

John

I have a custom object Custom_Object__c. The singular label for this object is "Custom Object" and the plural label is "Custom Objects".

How do I derive this label programmatically?

TIA,

John

As near as I can tell, the answer is NO -- but I wanted to cover all the bases ...

If the answer is indeed no, can anyone point me at some sample VF code to replicate enhanced listview functionality, plus the ability to sort the list by more than one column at a time?

TIA,

John

You know those related list elements that are positioned above the detail on the view page? When you hover the mouse over them, the related list pops up?

I need to change one of those elements. I have been able to alter every other instance of that literal on the page, using the DOM, but I think those things are inside an iframe? Anyway, how can I change the label on one of these lists?

TIA,

John

I have a custom button on a standard layout. This button does stuff, and it does that stuff correctly. To help with navigation while doing stuff, I would like to know the name of the TAB the user was on when he clicked the button.

You may have guessed, the same button is going on lots of pages. I would rather not hard-code the name of the page on the URL.

Is there a way to auto-magically figure out the name of the TAB? I keep stressing TAB because I already know the name of the OBJECT -- and since the tab and the object may have different names, I want the user to feel comfortable that the button is sending him to the right place.

TIA,

John

I need to find out what the ENTIRE url of the calling page is in VF, so that I can return to that URL.

I can't append the retUrl to the querystring on the button because &retUrl=%2F{object__c.Id} doesn't include the base url. 

I can't derive the retUrl from the object's record ID because I don't know the base URL and the base URL will change depending on circumstances.

I can't use ApexPages.currentPage().getHeaders().get('Referer') because that just returns "/". I thought maybe I was spelling "referer" wrong -- because it is actually spelled "referrer" in the HTML spec so I tried that, too, and it returned an empty string.

I can't use ApexPages.currentPage().getHeaders().getUrl() because that returns the CURRENT url.

I can't use ApexPages.currentPage().getHeaders().get('Host') because that returns the CURRENT host, and the current host is some weird VF thing instead of https://na*.salesforce.com.

And I can't use javascript (document.referrer) because that just returns an empty string, too.

I need a result that looks something like this: https://na6.salesforce.com/a0580000005XeTg

How can I do this?

TIA,

John

I've read everything on here about integrating QB with SF, and most of it is years old. Some of the companies don't exist anymore ...

Anyway, my customer needs to integrate these two systems AND needs to be able to integrate custom objects, not just the standard accounts, opportunities, and invoices that most of the tools on the AppExchange offer.

Does anyone have experience with this requirements, and can you either point me in the direction I ought to go, or point out the potholes to avoid?

TIA,

John

Got a problem where richtext fields don't save on a Visualforce page. They show up just fine in view and edit mode on the VF page. I can put data and pictures in them from the standard UI but when I add anything to the richtext fields on the VF page and click Save those fields aren't saved. Every other field on the page is saved, just not the richtext fields. The page and controller are both on version 19.0 and all development (and testing) is being done on in a dev org, not Eclipse.

Am I doing something wrong here?

Here's the relevant code:

public class contactEditController
{
  ApexPages.StandardController controller;
  public Contact con;

public olesContactEditController(ApexPages.StandardController c)
  {
    controller = c;

// Get the current record.
    this.con = (Contact)controller.getRecord();

}

// Override standard save to NOT return a page reference.
  // This lets us close the popup window via javascript.
  public PageReference save()
  {
    controller.save();
    return null;
  }
}

<snip>
        <apex:pageBlockButtons location="bottom">
          <apex:commandLink action="{!save}" value="Save" oncomplete="closeWin(true);" title="Save changes" />
        </apex:pageBlockButtons>
</snip>
<snip>
          <apex:pageBlockSectionItem>
            <apex:outputLabel for="relationship">Relationship:</apex:outputLabel>
            <apex:inputField id="relationship" value="{!Contact.Relationship__c}" />
          </apex:pageBlockSectionItem>
</snip>

TIA,

John

I'm Trying to use the Rich Text field.  My intention is to replace an exising Long Text field.  The new field displays on my VF page, but when I enter data in it & use the standard controller !save, the information that I entered in the field is not saved.  The !save is not the problem as with the standard Long Text field things save just fine. 

Additionally, I have 3 events attached to the field that work fine with the standard Long Text field but does not with Rich Text version of the field.

Here is my VF Code:

<td ><apex:InputField id="AcademicAchievementRichText" value="{!I4__c.AcademicAchievementText__c}" style="width: 99%; height: 500px" onfocus="CharRemaining.style.visibility='visible';
                                      maxLngth = 3500;
                                      elmnt = '{!$Component.AcademicAchievementText}';
                                      charRemain(elmnt , maxLngth );"   
                             onblur="CharRemaining.style.visibility='hidden';"
                             onkeyup="charRemain(elmnt , maxLngth );">
                        </apex:InputField></td>

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have an Apex webservice running in one org, and I want to make a call to that Apex webservice from some Apex code running in a completely different org.

1. Can I do this?

2. How?

I know the Apex webservice is working properly because I am already calling it from a C# application. I want to consume the same webservice from an Apex application now.

Thanks,

John

Hi,

I am just wondering  how above line can be removed from Salesforce reports.

It is quite annoying when we need to send the reports out to clients and I have to manually remove it.

Is there a place in the system where I can tick to stop that line appearing on the reports?

Many thanks, 

• February 09, 2010

I've been trying to find a solution for this all day and thought I would have better luck posting a message to see if anyone responds.  Here is what we are trying to do.  We want to be able to have a user select a client from a drop down box on a componet on their dashboard.  After selecting the client, a table or chart will display to give the name of the customer service person and how many logged calls they have done for that client.  I have a summary report but when I create the dashboard, it's this huge long list.  I wanted to be able to create something generic for everyone rather than having to go into each person's account and set up a specific dashboard for them (frustrated in trying to get the sales reps to set up their own dashboards or reports - it is just easier to log in as them and set them up).

Thanks!

I've created a vf page, created a home page custom link, and overridden my tab w/ the vf splash page, but my buttons do nothing.

How do you create a method for "continue" and "Do not show this message again"? 

<apex:page title="About Lead Scoring"> <apex:sectionHeader /> Hi - I'm an about page <apex:form id="theForm" title="form"> <apex:pageBlock > <apex:pageBlockButtons > <apex:commandButton value="Continue" action="{!continue}"/>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <apex:commandButton value="Don't Show Me This Again" action="{!????}"/>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </apex:pageBlockButtons> </apex:pageBlock> </apex:form></apex:page>

The help isn't very helpful.   I might just give up on the tab so PE users can still use the app despite the tab limits.

I need to find out what the ENTIRE url of the calling page is in VF, so that I can return to that URL.

I can't append the retUrl to the querystring on the button because &retUrl=%2F{object__c.Id} doesn't include the base url. 

I can't derive the retUrl from the object's record ID because I don't know the base URL and the base URL will change depending on circumstances.

I can't use ApexPages.currentPage().getHeaders().get('Referer') because that just returns "/". I thought maybe I was spelling "referer" wrong -- because it is actually spelled "referrer" in the HTML spec so I tried that, too, and it returned an empty string.

I can't use ApexPages.currentPage().getHeaders().getUrl() because that returns the CURRENT url.

I can't use ApexPages.currentPage().getHeaders().get('Host') because that returns the CURRENT host, and the current host is some weird VF thing instead of https://na*.salesforce.com.

And I can't use javascript (document.referrer) because that just returns an empty string, too.

I need a result that looks something like this: https://na6.salesforce.com/a0580000005XeTg

How can I do this?

TIA,

John

I've read everything on here about integrating QB with SF, and most of it is years old. Some of the companies don't exist anymore ...

Anyway, my customer needs to integrate these two systems AND needs to be able to integrate custom objects, not just the standard accounts, opportunities, and invoices that most of the tools on the AppExchange offer.

Does anyone have experience with this requirements, and can you either point me in the direction I ought to go, or point out the potholes to avoid?

TIA,

John

is there a way to have the Tab Keystroke move Down instead of to the Right in VisualForce?

I'm setting up a few custom tab splash pages to introduce and explain custom objects in an app. I created these splash pages as Visualforce pages and linked them up through the Home > Custom Links section and applied them to the respective tabs.

The Visualforce page displays as the splash page, but the "don't show this message again" and "continue" buttons do not appear at the bottom. These buttons do display if I use a URL or s-control type custom link.

Are those buttons not currently supported on Visualforce splash pages, or does something need to be configured to enable them?

When you build page layouts in SF, you can create a new Section, and one of the properties is "Tab-key Order", options are "Left-Right" or "Top-Down".

How can I create the same effect in Visual Force?

The pageBlockSection has the "columns" attrubute, but not the order direction.

Then I looked at the inputFields to see if I can change their index, but there is no easily exposed attribute. 

This seems like an oversight.  I figured that I could create similiar layouts/flow with VisualForce.

Am I missing someplace?

Thanks,

Steve 

I've been pouring over the docs and forums but haven't been able to determine if there's a way to set the http response code on a call to a visualforce page.

For example, I'd like to return 500 if I encounter an error in my Apex code and 200 if everything works.

Thanks,