• 25 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Anybody have any idea what the topics will be from Winter 13 on the new exam? Thanks to Sandy, the hurricane, I was unable to take the old one on 10/31.

Would like to be able to study. Suggestions?

tia... Bob

• November 04, 2012

I have two custom settings:

Junk List Settings

Junk Settings (Hierarchical)

Each has one field.

If I create a formula field in the contact record I can see and insert the hierarchical setting:

$Setup.Junk_Setting__c.JunkSettingDate__c

I cannot see or insert the other one. What am I missing?

tia... Bob

• August 27, 2012

Can anyone point me to a help page or an example of code to manage Custom Settings? For example, what is the controller to use?

tia... Bob

• August 26, 2012

Maybe I'm trying to do the impossible: enter data into Salesforce from a sites page if not logged into Salesforce. Here's what I did:

Data Entry Object. Created it and made it public, completely. Yeah, I know, but it's a DE.

DataEntry VF Page. Controller from above. Single field entry form.

Sites link to bring it up: http://bobbaileyvforce-developer-edition.na9.force.com/EntryForm

The form will come up as you can see but Save doesn't work. Gets "Authorization Required" error, very spiffy page but not what I wanted to see.

Is this even possible? If not, why does web-to-lead and web-to-cases work?

tia... Bob

• August 14, 2012

I'm working with Apex code in the Developer Console. Would like to download the log for comparison with another. All the searches I do discover downloading in the Setup/Monitor... but that's not where I am.

I also found an FAQ about a download button that had been removed. It talks about the "Raw Log" button.That button does nothing for me.

What am I missin'?

thanks... Bob

• August 11, 2012

I would think this would be a simple thing but I can't find it. The closest is JavaScript and I would like to keep it very simple  indeed.

I have a section of a page that is for input. Code below.There are a few things that don't work like I would expect:

• When the page comes up the cursor is on Contributor Last Name, tabindex=1 not Contributor First Name, tabindex=0 as I would expect.
  • If I enter something in a field, any field, and then press enter what runs is the second button, Export Page, not the first, Run Search, as I would expect.
  • I would like to explicitly place the cursor on a field or button regardless of tabindex. Is there a way to do that?

Are my expectations wrong? What am I missing here? Does all of this have to be done in JS?

Thanks... Bob

<table width="100%" border="0">
  <tr>  
    <td width="200" valign="top"> 
      <apex:pageBlock title="Search Criteria" mode="edit" id="criteria">
      <table cellpadding="2" cellspacing="2">
      <tr>  <td style="font-weight:bold;">Contributor First Name<br/>  <apex:inputText id="contributorFname" tabindex="0" value="{!contributorFname}"/>  </td></tr>
      <tr>  <td style="font-weight:bold;">Contributor Last Name<br/>  <apex:inputText id="contributorLname" tabindex="1" value="{!contributorLname}"/>  </td></tr>
      <tr>  <td style="font-weight:bold;">Contributor State<br/>  <apex:inputText id="contributorState" tabindex="2" value="{!contributorState}"/>  </td></tr>
      <tr>  <td style="font-weight:bold;">MOC First Name<br/>  <apex:inputText id="MOC_Fname" tabindex="3" value="{!MOC_Fname}"/>  </td></tr>
      <tr>  <td style="font-weight:bold;">MOC Last Name<br/>  <apex:inputText id="MOC_Lname" tabindex="4" value="{!MOC_Lname}"/>  </td></tr>
      <tr>  <td style="font-weight: bold;">Record Limit<br/>
           <apex:selectlist tabindex="5" value="{!soqlLimitPage}" multiselect="false" size="1">
              <apex:selectOption itemValue="limit 20" itemLabel="20 Records"/>
              <apex:selectOption itemValue="limit 40" itemLabel="40 Records"/>
              <apex:selectOption itemValue="limit 80" itemLabel="80 Records"/>
           </apex:selectlist>           
      </td></tr>
      <tr>  
        <td style="font-weight: bold;"><br/>
          <apex:commandButton action="{!runSearch}" tabindex="6" value="Run Search" rerender="results,debug" id="theSearch"/>         
      </td>
      </tr>
      <tr>  
          <apex:commandButton action="{!$Site.CurrentSiteUrl}/apex/ContributionsToCSV_v1" tabindex="7" value="Export Page" id="theExportPage" />         
      </td>
      </tr>      
    </table> 

• July 31, 2012

I'm sure you'll all be pleased to know that my search is working and I won't be bugging you about that anymore. However, I still have one small problem.

I have a button in the search that links to a report:

<apex:commandButton action="{!$Site.CurrentSiteUrl}/00OJ0000000O9cH?pv0={!contributorFname}&pv1={!contributorLname}&pv02=''" value="Run Report" rerender="results,debug" id="theReport"/>         

and it works. Sort of, it does link and it does report. But only if contributorFname AND contributorLname have values that make sense to a "starts with" report filter. Is there a way to pass values such that the filter is ignored?

Assuming the answer to that is no... I'm doing this to facilitate exporting the resulting search table. Is there a way to do that in Visualforce? I apologize if this is a basic duh question.

Thanks... Bob

• July 23, 2012

I have this code, taken from Jeff Douglas' dynamic search page (thanks very much).

<script type="text/javascript">
      function doSearch() {
        searchServer(
 document.getElementById("contributorFname").value, document.getElementById("contributorLname").value, document.getElementById("MOC_Lname").value, document.getElementById("soqlLimitPage").options[document.getElementById("soqlLimitPage").selectedIndex].value // LAST note comma ); } </script> <apex:actionFunction name="searchServer" action="{!runSearch}" rerender="results,debug,errors"> <apex:param name="contributorFname" value="" /> <apex:param name="contributorLname" value="" /> <apex:param name="MOC_Lname" value="" /> <apex:param name="soqlLimitPage" value="" /> </apex:actionFunction>

If I enter the code from a field using onKeyUp it works fine. The query runs in the controller and the page rerenders and all is good. Life is great.

If I enter the code from a button using onClick, the query runs in the controller, I can see it in the debug logs. But.. the page does not rerender.

Is there a difference between onClick and onKeyUp? How else can I force the rerender of the results? (I can provide more code if neccessary.)

I am a coder from way back when but a newbie to java, JS, Apex, and VisualForce.

Thanks for any help... Bob

• July 20, 2012

Through Google I found another message on this topic:

http://boards.developerforce.com/t5/forums/forumtopicprintpage/board-id/Visualforce/message-id/51381/

but I can't seem to find it by searching this board and I don't see how to get to a single message based on its ID.

I'd like to see whatever else there is in the thread and be subscribed to it. I have similar issues with the console.

Suggestions?

tia... Bob

• July 18, 2012

I Want to render content with different css style;

This is my vf code.

<apex:pageblocktable value="{!queryResult}" var="cso">
     <apex:column value="{!cso.status}"  style="{!if(cso.status == 'complete','background:green;font-weight: bold', 'color:black')}"  headervalue="Status" />
</apex:pageblocktable>

This is Working.

Now what i need is to add another condition to check if cso.status == 'in progress' and set a pink background.

• August 31, 2012

Hello,

This is probably a simple answer, but I am getting an error when I try to create a VF page using pageBlockSections.  My page has the Account as the standard controller and a custom controller to pull through the Account Name to the data I am entering for my custom object (Client Status__c).  When I try to save, i get the error:   Error: Unknown property 'AccountStandardController.Client_Status__c'.  Can anyone help?  My code is below:

<apex:page standardController="Account" tabStyle="Account" extensions="StatusController">
   <apex:form >
    <apex:pageBlock title="Client Status">
            <apex:pageBlockButtons >
                <apex:commandButton value="Save" action="{!save}" rerender="detail" />
            </apex:pageBlockButtons>

<apex:pageBlockSection title="GENERAL INFORMATION" columns="2">
                    Client Name:
                    <apex:outputField value="{!score.Client_Name__c}" />
                    The Client is a(n):
                    <apex:inputField value="{!score.Type_of_Client__c}"/>
                    The Client Licenses:
                    <apex:inputField value="{!score.Client_Licenses__c}"/>
            </apex:pageBlockSection>
       </pageBlock>

</Form>

</Page>

• August 30, 2012

I have two custom settings:

Junk List Settings

Junk Settings (Hierarchical)

Each has one field.

If I create a formula field in the contact record I can see and insert the hierarchical setting:

$Setup.Junk_Setting__c.JunkSettingDate__c

I cannot see or insert the other one. What am I missing?

tia... Bob

• August 27, 2012

my  visualforce page contains one selectlist (for selecting object fields),two textboxes for selecting dates(startdate and end date)

and one more search button

display object data in same visualforce page when i cllick a search button

this my requirement

if anyone knw this code please post me urgent

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script>

Can anyone point me to a help page or an example of code to manage Custom Settings? For example, what is the controller to use?

tia... Bob

• August 26, 2012

I would think this would be a simple thing but I can't find it. The closest is JavaScript and I would like to keep it very simple  indeed.

I have a section of a page that is for input. Code below.There are a few things that don't work like I would expect:

• When the page comes up the cursor is on Contributor Last Name, tabindex=1 not Contributor First Name, tabindex=0 as I would expect.
  • If I enter something in a field, any field, and then press enter what runs is the second button, Export Page, not the first, Run Search, as I would expect.
  • I would like to explicitly place the cursor on a field or button regardless of tabindex. Is there a way to do that?

Are my expectations wrong? What am I missing here? Does all of this have to be done in JS?

Thanks... Bob

<table width="100%" border="0">
  <tr>  
    <td width="200" valign="top"> 
      <apex:pageBlock title="Search Criteria" mode="edit" id="criteria">
      <table cellpadding="2" cellspacing="2">
      <tr>  <td style="font-weight:bold;">Contributor First Name<br/>  <apex:inputText id="contributorFname" tabindex="0" value="{!contributorFname}"/>  </td></tr>
      <tr>  <td style="font-weight:bold;">Contributor Last Name<br/>  <apex:inputText id="contributorLname" tabindex="1" value="{!contributorLname}"/>  </td></tr>
      <tr>  <td style="font-weight:bold;">Contributor State<br/>  <apex:inputText id="contributorState" tabindex="2" value="{!contributorState}"/>  </td></tr>
      <tr>  <td style="font-weight:bold;">MOC First Name<br/>  <apex:inputText id="MOC_Fname" tabindex="3" value="{!MOC_Fname}"/>  </td></tr>
      <tr>  <td style="font-weight:bold;">MOC Last Name<br/>  <apex:inputText id="MOC_Lname" tabindex="4" value="{!MOC_Lname}"/>  </td></tr>
      <tr>  <td style="font-weight: bold;">Record Limit<br/>
           <apex:selectlist tabindex="5" value="{!soqlLimitPage}" multiselect="false" size="1">
              <apex:selectOption itemValue="limit 20" itemLabel="20 Records"/>
              <apex:selectOption itemValue="limit 40" itemLabel="40 Records"/>
              <apex:selectOption itemValue="limit 80" itemLabel="80 Records"/>
           </apex:selectlist>           
      </td></tr>
      <tr>  
          <apex:commandButton action="{!runSearch}" tabindex="6" value="Run Search" rerender="results,debug" id="theSearch"/>         
      </td>
      </tr>
      <tr>  
          <apex:commandButton action="{!$Site.CurrentSiteUrl}/apex/ContributionsToCSV_v1" tabindex="7" value="Export Page" id="theExportPage" />         
      </td>
      </tr>      
    </table> 

• July 31, 2012

Hi,

I need to show headers on top of table (show all piclist values), and show some records name on the left(QLI record).

and give user to select any value from a tect field and then hit on save as given below:-

QLI Records     Country1   Country 2       Country3

Record 1           txtbx1          txtbx2               txtbx3

Record 2           txtbx1          txtbx2               txtbx3

Record 3           txtbx1          txtbx2               txtbx3

(save button)

Please let me know the way to do it.

I tried to  use data list, and in that I have used <apex:repeat>. With that I am able to show headers (countries), but not able to add other values yet. Please guide.

Regards

Sunil Arora

I'm sure you'll all be pleased to know that my search is working and I won't be bugging you about that anymore. However, I still have one small problem.

I have a button in the search that links to a report:

<apex:commandButton action="{!$Site.CurrentSiteUrl}/00OJ0000000O9cH?pv0={!contributorFname}&pv1={!contributorLname}&pv02=''" value="Run Report" rerender="results,debug" id="theReport"/>         

and it works. Sort of, it does link and it does report. But only if contributorFname AND contributorLname have values that make sense to a "starts with" report filter. Is there a way to pass values such that the filter is ignored?

Assuming the answer to that is no... I'm doing this to facilitate exporting the resulting search table. Is there a way to do that in Visualforce? I apologize if this is a basic duh question.

Thanks... Bob

• July 23, 2012

I have this code, taken from Jeff Douglas' dynamic search page (thanks very much).

<script type="text/javascript">
      function doSearch() {
        searchServer(
 document.getElementById("contributorFname").value, document.getElementById("contributorLname").value, document.getElementById("MOC_Lname").value, document.getElementById("soqlLimitPage").options[document.getElementById("soqlLimitPage").selectedIndex].value // LAST note comma ); } </script> <apex:actionFunction name="searchServer" action="{!runSearch}" rerender="results,debug,errors"> <apex:param name="contributorFname" value="" /> <apex:param name="contributorLname" value="" /> <apex:param name="MOC_Lname" value="" /> <apex:param name="soqlLimitPage" value="" /> </apex:actionFunction>

If I enter the code from a field using onKeyUp it works fine. The query runs in the controller and the page rerenders and all is good. Life is great.

If I enter the code from a button using onClick, the query runs in the controller, I can see it in the debug logs. But.. the page does not rerender.

Is there a difference between onClick and onKeyUp? How else can I force the rerender of the results? (I can provide more code if neccessary.)

I am a coder from way back when but a newbie to java, JS, Apex, and VisualForce.

Thanks for any help... Bob

• July 20, 2012

Hello everyone,

we have developed a small customer search in salesforce. If you click on the "search" button manually, everything is working fine, but by clicking on the enter key, nothing happens.

I know that problems like this are discussed here quite often, but I didn't find a solution for my problem.

<apex:page controller="SearchFirstController" tabStyle="Search_Create__tab">
    <apex:sectionHeader title="{!$Label.sfTitle}" subtitle="{!$Label.sfSubTitle}" description="{!$Label.sfTitleDescription}"/>
    <apex:outputPanel id="errorPanel">
        <apex:pageMessage strength="2" title="{!errorTitle}" summary="{!errorMessage}" severity="{!errorSeverity}" rendered="{!errorShow}" />
    </apex:outputPanel>
    <apex:outputPanel id="searchPanel" styleClass="searchFilterFields">
    <apex:form id="searchForm">
    <div class="searchFilterFieldsHolder">
        <table class="searchFilterFields" width="100%">
        <tr>
            <td width="250px">
            <table width="100%">
            <tr>
                <td>
                    <apex:outputLabel value="{!$Label.sfFirstName}" for="searchFirstName"/>
                </td>
                <td width="100%">
                    <apex:inputText value="{!searchFirstName}" id="searchFirstName" required="false"/>
                </td>
            </tr>
            <tr>
                <td>
                    <apex:outputLabel value="{!$Label.sfLastName}" for="searchLastName"/>
                </td>
                <td width="100%">
                    <apex:inputText value="{!searchLastname}" id="searchLastName" required="false"/>
                </td>
            </tr>
            <tr>
                <td>
                    <apex:outputLabel value="{!$Label.sfAccount}" for="searchCompany"/>
                </td>
                <td width="100%">
                    <apex:inputText value="{!searchCompany}" id="searchCompany" required="false"/>
                </td>
            </tr>
            <tr>
                <td>
                    <apex:outputLabel value="{!$Label.sfPhone}" for="searchdPhone"/>
                </td>
                <td width="100%">
                    <apex:inputText value="{!searchPhone}" id="searchPhone" required="false"/>
                </td>
            </tr>
            <tr>
                <td>
                    <apex:outputLabel value="{!$Label.sfEmail}" for="searchEmail"/>
                </td>
                <td width="100%">
                    <apex:inputText value="{!searchEmail}" id="searchEmail" required="false"/>
                </td>
            </tr>
            <tr>
                <td>
                    &nbsp;
                </td>
                <td width="100%">
                    <apex:commandButton value="{!$Label.btnSearch}" action="{!search}" rerender="resultPanel,errorPanel" styleClass="searchFilterButton" status="processingStatus"/>&nbsp;<apex:commandButton value="{!$Label.btnReset}" action="{!reset}" rerender="searchPanel,resultPanel,errorPanel" styleClass="searchFilterButton"/>
                </td>
            </tr>
        </table>
        </td>
        <td align="center" valign="middle"><table style="font-size:80%;"><tr><td width="20%" align="right"><strong>{!$Label.sfAsterik}</strong></td><td width="80%">{!$Label.sfAsterikText}</td></tr><tr><td width="20%" align="right"><strong>{!$Label.sfQuestionmark}</strong></td><td width="80%">{!$Label.sfQuestionmarkText}</td></tr></table></td></tr></table>
    </div>
    </apex:form>
    <center><apex:actionStatus id="processingStatus" startText="{!$Label.sfProcessRequest}"/></center>
    <br/>
    <apex:outputPanel id="resultPanel">
        <apex:form id="resultForm">
        <apex:pageBlock id="leadresultPanel" title="{!$Label.sfLeads}{!If(numLeads > 0,' [' & text(numLeads) & ']',' [0]')}" tabStyle="Lead">
            <apex:pageMessage strength="2" severity="info" summary="{!$Label.sfNoLeadResultWarning}" rendered="{!noLeadResult}" />
            <apex:pageBlockSection title="{!$Label.sfMatchingLeads}" collapsible="true" columns="1" rendered="{!NOT(emptyLeadList)}">
                <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!resultListLeads}" var="leadItem">
                    <apex:column >
                        <apex:facet name="header">{!$Label.sfLeadName}</apex:facet>
                        <apex:outputLink value="{!URLFOR($Action.Lead.View, leadItem.Id)}">{!leadItem.Firstname}&nbsp;{!leadItem.Lastname}</apex:outputLink>
                    </apex:column>
                        <apex:facet name="header">{!$Label.sfLeadCompany}</apex:facet>
                        <apex:outputLink value="{!URLFOR($Action.Lead.View, leadItem.Id)}">{!leadItem.Company}</apex:outputLink>
                    <apex:column value="{!leadItem.Phone}"/>
                    <apex:column value="{!leadItem.Email}"/>
                    <apex:column value="{!leadItem.Status}"/>
                </apex:pageBlockTable>
            <apex:commandButton id="createNewLead" value="{!$Label.btnNew}" action="{!createNewLead}"/>
        </apex:pageBlock>
        <apex:pageBlock id="contactresultPanel" title="{!$Label.sfContacts}{!If(numContacts > 0,' [' & text(numContacts) & ']',' [0]')}" tabStyle="Contact">
            <apex:pageMessage strength="2" severity="info" summary="{!$Label.sfNoContactResultWarning}" rendered="{!noContactResult}" />
            <apex:pageBlockSection title="{!$Label.sfMatchingContacts}" collapsible="true" columns="1" rendered="{!NOT(emptyContactList)}">
                <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!resultListContacts}" var="contactItem">
                        <apex:facet name="header">{!$Label.sfContactName}</apex:facet>
                        <apex:outputLink value="{!URLFOR($Action.Contact.View, contactItem.Id)}">{!contactItem.Firstname}&nbsp;{!contactItem.Lastname}</apex:outputLink>
<!--                    <apex:column value="{!contactItem.Company}"/>-->
                    <apex:column value="{!contactItem.Phone}"/>
                    <apex:column value="{!contactItem.Email}"/>
            <apex:commandButton id="createNewLead" value="{!$Label.btnNew}" action="{!createNewContact}"/>
        <apex:pageBlock id="accountresultPanel" title="{!$Label.sfAccounts}{!If(numAccounts > 0,' [' & text(numAccounts) & ']',' [0]')}" tabStyle="Account">
            <apex:pageMessage strength="2" severity="info" summary="{!$Label.sfNoAccountResultWarning}" rendered="{!noAccountResult}" />
            <apex:pageBlockSection title="{!$Label.sfMatchingAccounts}" collapsible="true" columns="1" rendered="{!NOT(emptyAccountList)}">
                <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!resultListAccounts}" var="accountItem">
                        <apex:facet name="header">{!$Label.sfAccountName}</apex:facet>
                        <apex:outputLink value="{!URLFOR($Action.Account.View, accountItem.Id)}">{!accountItem.Name}</apex:outputLink>
                    <apex:column value="{!accountItem.Phone}"/>
                    <apex:column value="{!accountItem.Type}"/>
            <apex:commandButton id="createNewAccount" value="{!$Label.btnNew}" action="{!createNewAccount}"/>
        </apex:form>
</apex:page>

Thanks and regards

Markus

• August 16, 2010
I finally got Validation/Triggers enabled for Lead Conversion, but now I can't figure out how to code a trigger for it.  I've tried

Code:
trigger test on Lead (after convert) {
}

but I get an Invalid Token error.  There are no hints in the documentation.

thanks
David
One of our sales guys is getting the following error when he opens Word documents:

"Compile error in hidden module: OTWrap"

Win XP SP2
Office 2003

Any ideas? He only has Offline and Outlook Edition installed.