• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Do anyone know how I can discover the structure of viewstate information on a client VF page, and a way to translate it into readable characters?

When an extension to a VisualForce controller uses standardcontroller.getRecord(), it seems only to get access to the fields of the sObject that the standard controller retrieved in its SOQL query.

The standard controller only seems to retrieve those fields requested of it on the VisualForce page. In other words, the standard controller seems to make a SOQL query that includes only those fields asked of it, and that does not include those fields requested of the extension.

My question is how is it that the standard controller knows what fields are asked of it on the VisualForce page? How does it know what fields to query for in the SOQL query? The fields that the standard controller will have to make a SOQL query for are not passed in through the Page Reference, are they? Is there another mechanism at work?

Hi,

On my page I have an actionPoller with interval = 5 and onsubmit = "{someJS();}". The problem is that this guy calls the JavaScript code (someJS) a few seconds after the page has loaded -and I'm wondering if it can be done with no delay. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Message Edited by asadim on 12-22-2009 12:25 PM
  • December 22, 2009
How can I quickly convert standard SFDC page to Visualforce page?

Is anyone there who knows,how to code to get some data saved in databasec on button click event .I hve custom UI page having some fields and save button.i want the save functionality.

Thanks,

jha

• December 08, 2009

Hi all,

I need a help to create a UI page,requirement is somewhat like

when user open the same page it should have all customername,productname  filled already and able to fill the forecast qty below the months for jan,feb,mar........dec.finally click the save button to save all records at once in table having fields

Customername,productname,month,forecastqty with their respective values.

i have designed the page and able to enter the forecast qty also below the months but my problem is this that i cant save all the data at one time..... my UI code and page display is below

<apex:page standardController="Forecast_Entry__c" extensions="ForecastEntryExtension" > <apex:form > <h1>Sales Forecast</h1> <apex:pageBlock > <apex:pageBlockSection title="Forecast Records"> <div> <apex:dataTable value="{!ForecastRecords}" var="fc" styleClass="list"> <apex:column > <apex:facet name="header">Customer Name</apex:facet> <apex:inputField value="{!fc.Customer_Name__c}"/> </apex:column> <apex:column > <apex:facet name="header">Item Name</apex:facet> <apex:inputfield value="{!fc.Item_Name__c}"/> </apex:column> <apex:column > <apex:facet name="header"> <div align="center"> Month1 </div> </apex:facet> <input maxlength="80" name="sbstr" size="3" type="text" value="" /> </apex:column> <apex:column > <apex:facet name="header"> <div align="center"> Month2 </div> </apex:facet> <input maxlength="80" name="sbstr" size="3" type="text" value="" /> </apex:column> <apex:column > <apex:facet name="header"> <div align="center"> Month3 </div> </apex:facet> <input maxlength="80" name="sbstr" size="3" type="text" value="" /> </apex:column> <apex:column > <apex:facet name="header"><div align="center"> Month4 </div> </apex:facet> <input maxlength="80" name="sbstr" size="3" type="text" value="" /> </apex:column> <apex:column > <apex:facet name="header"><div align="center"> Month5 </div> </apex:facet> <input maxlength="80" name="sbstr" size="3" type="text" value="" /> </apex:column> <apex:column > <apex:facet name="header"><div align="center"> Month6 </div> </apex:facet> <input maxlength="80" name="sbstr" size="3" type="text" value="" /> </apex:column> <apex:column > <apex:facet name="header"><div align="center"> Month7 </div> </apex:facet> <input maxlength="80" name="sbstr" size="3" type="text" value="" /> </apex:column> <apex:column > <apex:facet name="header"><div align="center"> Month8 </div> </apex:facet> <input maxlength="80" name="sbstr" size="3" type="text" value="" /> </apex:column> <apex:column > <apex:facet name="header"><div align="center"> Month9 </div> </apex:facet> <input maxlength="80" name="sbstr" size="3" type="text" value="" /> </apex:column> <apex:column > <apex:facet name="header"><div align="center"> Month10 </div> </apex:facet> <input maxlength="80" name="sbstr" size="3" type="text" value="" /> </apex:column> <apex:column > <apex:facet name="header"><div align="center"> Month11 </div> </apex:facet> <input maxlength="80" name="sbstr" size="3" type="text" value="" /> </apex:column> <apex:column > <apex:facet name="header"><div align="center"> Month12 </div> </apex:facet> <input maxlength="80" name="sbstr" size="3" type="text" value="" /> </apex:column> </apex:datatable> </div> <div> <td align="right"> <input value=" Save " class="btn" name="save" title="Save" type="submit" /> <input value=" Cancel " class="btn" name="Cancel" title="Cancel" type="submit" /> </td> </div> </apex:pageBlockSection> </apex:pageBlock> <apex:detail ></apex:detail> <apex:detail subject="{!Forecast_Entry__c.Customer_Name__c}" relatedList="false" /> </apex:form> </apex:page>

Customer    Product       Jan           Feb           Mar       Apr ........................    Dec

abc               xyz          100           90                                                         20

abc               pqr           30                             20

mno              xyz                                                      40

Save   Cancel

Is there any such control available already by salesforce?? if not how to save data at once from my this page?

All is i need a save functionality code.

any help will be greatly appreciated... Please help me out in terms of code....

Thanks,

Jha

Message Edited by JHA on 12-07-2009 05:20 AM
  • December 07, 2009

How could you load up an output panel that doesnt bind at all UNTIL a button is pushed?

For example, I have the following

<apex:pageBlockButtons location="bottom">

<apex:commandButton value="Go" action="{!invokeService}" status="myStatus" rerender="myOutput" />

</apex:pageBlockButtons>

<apex:outputPanel id="myOutput">

<apex:actionStatus id="myStatus">

<apex:facet name="start">

Working...

</apex:facet>

<apex:facet name="stop">

<c:myComponent />

</apex:facet>

</apex:actionStatus>

</apex:outputPanel>

The component "myComponent" contains a datatable. This datatable appears to render the component on load, and bind the datatable on load.

But I dont want this behavior. I want it to first render ONLY when the button is pressed.

Any ideas? 

Message Edited by TwEEk on 12-06-2009 08:50 PM
  • December 07, 2009

Hi, from the VF doc on the <apex:include> tag I get:

pageNameThe Visualforce page whose content should be inserted into the current page. For this value, specify the name of the Visualforce page or use merge-field syntax to reference a page or PageReference.ApexPages.PageReferenceYes

So, I'm trying to use a Merge field to reference a pageReference.  I am brought to a blank screen with this message:

You cannot use a URL for this attribute. <apex:include pageName>. Please set the attribute to a Visualforce page name.

Here is my test code: 

VisualForce page:  Try_IncludeWithPageReference.page

<apex:page Controller="Try_IncludeWithPageReference">

<apex:include pageName="{!editPageRef}"/>
 </apex:page>

Apex Controller: Try_IncludeWithPageReference.cls

public with sharing class Try_IncludeWithPageReference {
    public pageReference editPageRef {get; set;}
    public Try_IncludeWithPageReference() {
        editPageRef = new pageReference('/001');
    }
}

Am I just not understanding the documentation, is this a bug, or something else? 

I'd appreciate any input.  Thanks, Steve.

Do anyone know how I can discover the structure of viewstate information on a client VF page, and a way to translate it into readable characters?