• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Am new to Apex and just  starting to learn it, so I would appreciate any help here.

I was informed that I should include a few Contact creations (with Ing user id field populated), and deletions of Contacts that are created by this class

Can anyone help me write a Test Class for this simple Apex trigger? The trigger restricts all profiles (except the Sys Admin one), from deleting Contacts IF the record contains an integer > 0 in the Ing User ID custom field.

trigger CheckFieldValues on Contact (before delete) 
{
        if(UserInfo.getProfileId()=='00e50000000sCkdAAE')
        {
            System.debug('User Profile Id--'+UserInfo.getProfileId());
        }
         else
         {
             for (Contact c : Trigger.old)
             {

if (c.ING_USER_ID__c > 0 )
                {
                    c.addError('**This Contact record contains a unique Ingenuity User ID and cannot be deleted. Deletion would have a detrimental impact on data integration processes**');
                }
             }

}

}
  • February 23, 2011

Without using Record Types or Apex or Visual Force, does anyone have any ideas on how to restrict non-admin users from deleting Contacts that contain a value in a custom field that holds a Unique Id from an external system on the Contact record? It woudl be OK for users to delete a Contact that does not contain this unique id.

• December 05, 2010
We would like to prevent users from deleting a Contact record  if a certain field contains an integer > 0, and output a message that explains why it cannot be deleted.

I am experienced with the GUI side of Salesforce.com, but have no experience with Visualforce pages or APEX.

Can anyone assist me in creating a mechanism to prevent Contact deletion based on the criteria above? 
  • October 24, 2010

I picked up the following Tip during a SFDC presentation and it works great on the Contact record. It creates a button on the Contact object, which when clicked, creates an activity in the Contact record and sets up a reminder task in 2 days.

I need to modify it to do the same on a Case object. Can anyone help me modify the code so that it does the same in a Case, i.e. creates an activity that a VM was left, and creating a reminder task when clicked? 

Code is at the end of the next section.

Need: Track all activities to contacts within Salesforce and save time by having one click logging of left voicemails

Business Case: Sales reps can quickly log voicemail calls and receive a reminder task a few days later to follow up on the voicemail.

Business Value: Make more calls, improve productivity in high call volume type environments

Left Voicemail Custom button instructions

To set 1 custom buttons on the contact record – LVM

select Setup| Appsetup | Customize | Contacts | Custom Buttons and Links | select new custom button

Create a button label name (LVM) in the display type select the Detail page button option

select behavior type - Display in existing window without sidebar or header

select content source – URL

add the Code: (modify the code to fit your instance)

/00T/e?followup=1&title=Call&retURL=%2F{!Contact.Id}&who_id={!Contact.Id}&what_id={!Account.Id}&tsk5=LVM&tsk6=Left+a+voicemail+for+{!Contact.Name}

&tsk5_fu=FU+VM+w+{!Contact.Name}+fr+{!Account.Name}&tsk4_fu={!TODAY()+2}&save=x

• March 05, 2010
I created a custom field in Opportunity Products and set the formula to capture the unique ID of the Product line item when it is added to an Opportunity. When this Opportunity is cloned the following year (with the Product line items included), I would like this pre-captured ID to come through as is. Currently, when I clone the Opp with Pro, the custom field gets populated with the unique ID of the new product line item.... because all I have in my formula field is 'Id'. What can I add to this in the formula to make it keep the original value. 
  • February 12, 2010
When Lead is received with a checkbox marked (and will NOT be converted), can a Contact checkbox field be updated?
  • February 01, 2010

I have the following Workflow Rule/Field Update/Email Alert, but it is not executing. I created and activated it today. Can anyone help? Thanks!

Workflow Rule Detail  
Rule Name Update Answers Trial Status field                Object Contact Active                Evaluation Criteria When a record is created, or when a record is edited and did not previously meet the rule criteria Description

Update the Answers trial status field in the contact record when a trial expires, and notify Contact owner via email.

Rule Criteria (Contact: answers trial end date less than TODAY) and (Contact: answers trial status equals Active)  

Workflow Actions  

Immediate Workflow Actions: No workflow actions have been added.

Time-Dependent Workflow Actions:   0 Days After Contact: answers trial end date

Type Description Email Alert Answers trial completed notification

Field Update Change Answers Trial Status to Complete

Field Update Detail   Name  Change Answers Trial Status to Complete    

Unique Name  Change_Answers_Trial_Status_to_Complete    

Description  Change Answers Trial Status to Completed when the trial has expired

Object  Contact    

Field to Update  Contact: answers trial status

Field Data Type  Picklist New

Field Value  Completed 

Email Alert Detail  

Description  Answers trial completed notification             Email Template  Answers Trail Ended Notification

Unique Name Answers_trial_completed_notification             Object Contact

From Email Address  Current User's email address    

Recipients  Contact Owner Additional Emails    

• October 13, 2009

Am new to Apex and just  starting to learn it, so I would appreciate any help here.

I was informed that I should include a few Contact creations (with Ing user id field populated), and deletions of Contacts that are created by this class

Can anyone help me write a Test Class for this simple Apex trigger? The trigger restricts all profiles (except the Sys Admin one), from deleting Contacts IF the record contains an integer > 0 in the Ing User ID custom field.

trigger CheckFieldValues on Contact (before delete) 
{
        if(UserInfo.getProfileId()=='00e50000000sCkdAAE')
        {
            System.debug('User Profile Id--'+UserInfo.getProfileId());
        }
         else
         {
             for (Contact c : Trigger.old)
             {

if (c.ING_USER_ID__c > 0 )
                {
                    c.addError('**This Contact record contains a unique Ingenuity User ID and cannot be deleted. Deletion would have a detrimental impact on data integration processes**');
                }
             }

}

}
  • February 23, 2011

Without using Record Types or Apex or Visual Force, does anyone have any ideas on how to restrict non-admin users from deleting Contacts that contain a value in a custom field that holds a Unique Id from an external system on the Contact record? It woudl be OK for users to delete a Contact that does not contain this unique id.

• December 05, 2010

I'm using OpenSSO to authenticate with my SF developer account.  According tothe SAML Validator my SAML response is good.  This is supported by the Login History, which shows a successful login for my user via SAML Idp Initiated SSO.  Still, instead of getting directed into SF after login, I get redirected to the following error page:

Invalid Page Redirection
The page you attempted to access has been blocked due to a redirection to an outside website or an improperly coded link or button. Please contact your salesforce.com Administrator for assistance.

Click here to return to the previous page.

Here's the SAML Response:

<samlp:Response xmlns:samlp="urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:protocol" Destination="https://login.salesforce.com/?saml=02HKiPoin4YWIEZVhRxAotsxXTE8snvZkcfnHVUoabFTp6uOXs180wMbR2" ID="s284c6b267aec8be2c66edcc163f7cf5a492522909" IssueInstant="2010-03-07T01:21:18Z" Version="2.0"> <saml:Issuer xmlns:saml="urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:assertion"> http://www.abazaindustries.com:8080/opensso_abaza</saml:Issuer> <Signature xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#"> <SignedInfo> <CanonicalizationMethod Algorithm="http://www.w3.org/2001/10/xml-exc-c14n#" /> <SignatureMethod Algorithm="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#rsa-sha1" /> <Reference URI="#s284c6b267aec8be2c66edcc163f7cf5a492522909"> <Transforms> <Transform Algorithm="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#enveloped-signature" /> <Transform Algorithm="http://www.w3.org/2001/10/xml-exc-c14n#" /> </Transforms> <DigestMethod Algorithm="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#sha1" /> <DigestValue>bbdtFNmHOCmOJDxBKRPBQMGWx/c=</DigestValue> </Reference> </SignedInfo> <SignatureValue> NyXQjGHDh7CEcmBaY5G8EcbP3nsALGkCR/dls5wy72hhvN4+EJlvD/fQuSIjxPrHl/nJJTXQJwwJ rJN6+8CBqBXPM+OAbfRzSY1MryIgi2gGxZgvYtve0VTIsJn+D86Uh6nJEbDODE9qlUEF+hpsZwgp qTehm8e0BzCRU8d0yNs=</SignatureValue> <KeyInfo> <X509Data> <X509Certificate> MIICQDCCAakCBEeNB0swDQYJKoZIhvcNAQEEBQAwZzELMAkGA1UEBhMCVVMxEzARBgNVBAgTCkNh bGlmb3JuaWExFDASBgNVBAcTC1NhbnRhIENsYXJhMQwwCgYDVQQKEwNTdW4xEDAOBgNVBAsTB09w ZW5TU08xDTALBgNVBAMTBHRlc3QwHhcNMDgwMTE1MTkxOTM5WhcNMTgwMTEyMTkxOTM5WjBnMQsw CQYDVQQGEwJVUzETMBEGA1UECBMKQ2FsaWZvcm5pYTEUMBIGA1UEBxMLU2FudGEgQ2xhcmExDDAK BgNVBAoTA1N1bjEQMA4GA1UECxMHT3BlblNTTzENMAsGA1UEAxMEdGVzdDCBnzANBgkqhkiG9w0B AQEFAAOBjQAwgYkCgYEArSQc/U75GB2AtKhbGS5piiLkmJzqEsp64rDxbMJ+xDrye0EN/q1U5Of+ RkDsaN/igkAvV1cuXEgTL6RlafFPcUX7QxDhZBhsYF9pbwtMzi4A4su9hnxIhURebGEmxKW9qJNY Js0Vo5+IgjxuEWnjnnVgHTs1+mq5QYTA7E6ZyL8CAwEAATANBgkqhkiG9w0BAQQFAAOBgQB3Pw/U QzPKTPTYi9upbFXlrAKMwtFf2OW4yvGWWvlcwcNSZJmTJ8ARvVYOMEVNbsT4OFcfu2/PeYoAdiDA cGy/F2Zuj8XJJpuQRSE6PtQqBuDEHjjmOQJ0rV/r8mO1ZCtHRhpZ5zYRjhRC9eCbjx9VrFax0JDC /FfwWigmrW0Y0Q==</X509Certificate> </X509Data> </KeyInfo> </Signature> <samlp:Status> <samlp:StatusCode Value="urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:status:Success"> </samlp:StatusCode> </samlp:Status> <saml:Assertion xmlns:saml="urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:assertion" ID="s26d010fb96c415e8dd239c664b62a95b62ad186c3" IssueInstant="2010-03-07T01:21:18Z" Version="2.0"> <saml:Issuer> http://www.abazaindustries.com:8080/opensso_abaza</saml:Issuer> <saml:Subject> <saml:NameID Format="urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:nameid-format:transient" NameQualifier="http://www.abazaindustries.com:8080/opensso_abaza" SPNameQualifier="https://saml.salesforce.com"> xYNogS2tyRrH1DdZ1ASUD5BJZWlC</saml:NameID> <saml:SubjectConfirmation Method="urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:cm:bearer"> <saml:SubjectConfirmationData NotOnOrAfter="2010-03-07T01:31:18Z" Recipient="https://login.salesforce.com/?saml=02HKiPoin4YWIEZVhRxAotsxXTE8snvZkcfnHVUoabFTp6uOXs180wMbR2" /> </saml:SubjectConfirmation> </saml:Subject> <saml:Conditions NotBefore="2010-03-07T01:11:18Z" NotOnOrAfter="2010-03-07T01:31:18Z"> <saml:AudienceRestriction> <saml:Audience>https://saml.salesforce.com</saml:Audience> </saml:AudienceRestriction> </saml:Conditions> <saml:AuthnStatement AuthnInstant="2010-03-07T01:21:18Z" SessionIndex="s2632afd2c7d9eee1430c180dbc8ffc4e1891c3b01"> <saml:AuthnContext> <saml:AuthnContextClassRef> urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:ac:classes:PasswordProtectedTransport</saml:AuthnContextClassRef> </saml:AuthnContext> </saml:AuthnStatement> <saml:AttributeStatement> <saml:Attribute Name="ATTR_PHONE"> <saml:AttributeValue xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:type="xs:string">555-555-5555</saml:AttributeValue> </saml:Attribute> </saml:AttributeStatement> </saml:Assertion> </samlp:Response>

I picked up the following Tip during a SFDC presentation and it works great on the Contact record. It creates a button on the Contact object, which when clicked, creates an activity in the Contact record and sets up a reminder task in 2 days.

I need to modify it to do the same on a Case object. Can anyone help me modify the code so that it does the same in a Case, i.e. creates an activity that a VM was left, and creating a reminder task when clicked? 

Code is at the end of the next section.

Need: Track all activities to contacts within Salesforce and save time by having one click logging of left voicemails

Business Case: Sales reps can quickly log voicemail calls and receive a reminder task a few days later to follow up on the voicemail.

Business Value: Make more calls, improve productivity in high call volume type environments

Left Voicemail Custom button instructions

To set 1 custom buttons on the contact record – LVM

select Setup| Appsetup | Customize | Contacts | Custom Buttons and Links | select new custom button

Create a button label name (LVM) in the display type select the Detail page button option

select behavior type - Display in existing window without sidebar or header

select content source – URL

add the Code: (modify the code to fit your instance)

/00T/e?followup=1&title=Call&retURL=%2F{!Contact.Id}&who_id={!Contact.Id}&what_id={!Account.Id}&tsk5=LVM&tsk6=Left+a+voicemail+for+{!Contact.Name}

&tsk5_fu=FU+VM+w+{!Contact.Name}+fr+{!Account.Name}&tsk4_fu={!TODAY()+2}&save=x

• March 05, 2010
I created a custom field in Opportunity Products and set the formula to capture the unique ID of the Product line item when it is added to an Opportunity. When this Opportunity is cloned the following year (with the Product line items included), I would like this pre-captured ID to come through as is. Currently, when I clone the Opp with Pro, the custom field gets populated with the unique ID of the new product line item.... because all I have in my formula field is 'Id'. What can I add to this in the formula to make it keep the original value. 
  • February 12, 2010
When Lead is received with a checkbox marked (and will NOT be converted), can a Contact checkbox field be updated?
  • February 01, 2010
I was hoping that SFDC would add time based rule evaluation to the workflow capabilities.  That is, to run workflow rules without requiring the record to be modified first to trigger the rule.

My example is we allow some accounts be have a protected status as long as they have certain activity in a certain time period.  I've created the field that shows the days since said qualified activity occured, I have a workflow that will change the protected status based on the value in that qualified activity age field.

However, the rule only runs when someone modifies the account, so accounts can be falsely protected simply by not editing them.

I'm trying to find a way to make this rule run periodically without the modification.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Michael