• Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello

I run into a strange behavior that I hope some of you might have seen before.

You know like you can have Children objects and in the Parent Object sometimes you have a field that tells you if there are any Children linked to the parent? One example is the "Has Products" field on the Opportunity, that is set to TRUE when the opportunity has line items. These fields are not really visible. You generally see them on reports only, but cannot edit or see them on the page layouts.

We have an intergartion with Marketo, pushing Accounts and Assets to Marketo via the Marketo<>SFDC SYNC.

In my scenario I am using the API to upload Assets in SFDC from an external Database. Assets are linked to SFDC Accounts.

The issue I have is the follwing:

1) if I insert an Asset thru the UI, linking it to an Account, and hit SAVE, once the Account is sync-ed with Marketo I have a field that says "Has Assets" and this is set to TRUE for this record I just inserted. This is correct.

2) if I insert an Asset thru the API, linking it to an Account, once the Account is sync-ed with Marketo I have a field that says "Has Assets" and this is set to FALSE for this record I just inserted. This is not correct. The "Has Asset" should be true, as I inserted an Asset for this account

For some reason it looks like if I use the API, the parent "has xyz" field does not get updated.

Has anyone seen this issue before? Any ideas of what I can do to obtain the same behavio with data I insert thru the UI and tru the API?

Thanks

Giorgio

• December 01, 2011
Hello

I use the Force IDE client (I do not run Eclipse).

Is there a way to export my SFDC Schema?
I need this to create tables on a SQL database that receives date from Salesforce.com thru the Informatica cloud connector

Thanks for your help
Giorgio
  • April 19, 2011

Hello

Each time we create an opportunity, we create a task/activity, to send a Thank You email to the primary contact Role from the Client Account

I do have a VisualForce template <messaging:emailTemplate recipientType="Contact"
    relatedToType="Opportunity"

How can I populate the "TO" information with my Contact when I hit the "Send Email" button on the Opportunity record?

I created an APEX Class that pulls the primary Contact ID, but not sure how I can put that contact in context so that my Recepient will be properly set

Thanks

Giorgio

• February 08, 2010
Hello

I use the Force IDE client (I do not run Eclipse).

Is there a way to export my SFDC Schema?
I need this to create tables on a SQL database that receives date from Salesforce.com thru the Informatica cloud connector

Thanks for your help
Giorgio
  • April 19, 2011