• 25 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Is there any easy way to set some kind of data validation so that fields entered in all caps can be corrected to have only the first letter capitalized?  If this can be done either within a web-to-lead form or when a lead is converted to an account, either would work great.  I haven't found anything yet, though.

Thanks!

Salesforce saves phone numbers like this (905) 123 - 1234

Agents type numbers in the search like this 9051231234

This works for standard account and contact objects but not for my client's custom objects.

There are hundreds of thousands of records so the addition of a hidden field that changes the phone format to be more searchable is not a valid option at this point since this field would only be updated if each record was opened and resaved.

The Salesforce support does not have any solutions for me so I am reaching out to you guys in the dev community.  Please help! 

I am new to Salesforce and need to create the following validation rule formula.  The formula requires a value in the case comments that matches the account name related to the case.  (i.e. if the case is assigned to an account named ABC, the user must enter the phrase "ABC" in the case comments for the entry to be valid.)

Please help!

• October 19, 2009

Hi:

What is wrong with this formula:

TODAY()+1 & '06:00:00' <== Tomorrow's Date at 6AM

It is a Date/Time Attribute...

Thanks

Is there any easy way to set some kind of data validation so that fields entered in all caps can be corrected to have only the first letter capitalized?  If this can be done either within a web-to-lead form or when a lead is converted to an account, either would work great.  I haven't found anything yet, though.

Thanks!