• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I am looking for a relatively inxpensive recruiting solution  (packaged or otherwise) that provides the following:

1. an applicant clicks a job posting link on the corporate website
  2. applicant uploads resume which is parsed and populates contact information in an online employment form (would the form need to reside on a SF site?  The customer would prefer using an easily modifiable tool vs. a VF page )
  3. applicant enters information into remaining fields in the application
  4. application is saved in SF
  5. resume is uploaded to SF as well 

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Barb

• August 08, 2013

I would like to create a drop-down list of all the methods returned from a  DescribeSObjectResult (e.g., "getLabel", "getName", "getKeyPrefix", etc.).  I have been able to create a list of fields (using DescribeFieldResult) as well as child relationships, record type info, etc., but not a list of just the methods.

How can I accomplish this?

Thanks,

Barb R.

• March 18, 2011

Is it possible to re-sort records that are selected on a list view and displayed on another page?  For example, I select 3 accounts from a listview, which are then displayed on a Mass Edit page.  I have tried several method to (in a controller extension) to re-sort the records without any luck.  Is there a way of using getRecords, sorting the records, then using setRecords to update the page display? Any ideas?

Thanks,

Barb R.

• March 11, 2011

Why is there not a Notes & Attachments related list on Campaigns?

• September 23, 2010

I have two custom objects - Payments and OppPayments. 

Payments captures information about the payment of one or more opportunities (e.g., Payment Method (Cash, Check, Credit Card), etc.).

OppPayments is the intersection object joining Payments to Opportunities (containing OpportunityId and PaymentId).  For example, there could be more than one payment on an opportunity (half paid in cash; half paid in check) OR more than one opportunity paid for on a single check.

I am trying to figure out how to automatically insert both Payments and OppPayments from a list of Opportunities displayed on a VF page.  I can insert the opportunity list and can generate a Payments list (note that the user has selected a payment method which will apply to all opportunities on the page) which I can also insert.

How can I bulk insert OppPayments?  I need to insert Opportunities and Payments first (so I have those Ids). How can I link the Opportunities just inserted with the corresponding Payments just inserted.

Thanks!!!

Barb

• August 16, 2010

When will new drag-and-drop Report Builder be available for non-developer accounts?

• August 09, 2010

Has anyone successfully used Connect for Outlook with MS Exchange / Scheduling Assistant?  In the Saleforce pdf "Administering Connect for Outlook" one of the system requirements isMS Exchange Server, but "Exchange" is not mentioned anywhere else in the document.

System Requirements

For Connect for Outlook 3.2 and later:

Microsoft Outlook XP (2002), 2003, or 2007

Microsoft Windows® 2000, XP, Vista, or 7 (32-bit only; 64-bit is not supported)

Microsoft Exchange Server

Microsoft Word XP (2002), 2003, or 2007

• August 06, 2010

I cannot access all fields via the API (including Lookup fields) on Campaign, except Parent. What's wrong?

sQuery = "select Name, Parent.Name FROM Campaign WHERE Status = 'Planned'"
Set qrParent = g_sfApi.Query(sQuery, False)

Thanks,

Barb

• August 03, 2010

Is there an EASY way to copy my Production org to a Developer account?  Can I use the Deploy to Server option in Force.com IDE?  i.e., open my Production account in IDE, select all metadata, select Deploy to Server, then enter the login credentials for my Developer account?

I realize that ANT can be used for this purpose, but I was looking for something more user-friendly...

Thanks,

Barb

• August 01, 2010

I am having problems referencing ParentId from Campaign via the API in an MS Access form.  In addition to the code below, I have also tried:

Campaign.Parent.Name
Campaign.ParentId__r.Name
Campaign.Parent
Campaign.ParentID
Campaign.ParentCampaign.Name
...plus many others :-(

sQuery = "select Campaign.Name, Campaign.ParentId.Name, Campaign.RegistrationLevel__c,Campaign.ParticipationLevel__c, Campaign.StartDate, Contact.Name, PrimaryRole__c, Status, PaymentStatus__c from campaignMember"

Set qr = g_sfApi.Query(sQuery, False)

Any suggestions?  The query works fine if I remove the reference to the parent.

Thanks,

Barb

Is it possible to change the label on a standard button on a standard Salesforce page (e.g., change "Add Product" to "Add Line Item")?  I could create a custom button ---- but how do I find the appropriate Button/Link URL to include for Add Product functionality?

I have created a class that is called on the BeforeInsert trigger of Opportunity.  I would like to display an informational / instructional message on the standard Opportunity page when a record is successly inserted.   I know about adderror, but do not want the message to be displayed as an error.

Thanks,

Barb R.

This is a strange situation:

1)   I created a custom object (basically a 'lookup' table --- let's call it "A")  in my development account and populated it with appr 30 records.

2)   I exported the custom object (and data) to my production account.  They are all visible in the "A" List view.

3)   I create a new Campaign (which contains a lookup to "A").  When I the Lookup dialog box comes up, NO records are displayed. 

4)   In the Search box, I enter "B*" and the 3 records beginning with a "B" are displayed.

5)   I select one of these values (e.g., "Babies"), then save my Campaign record. 

6)   Now, whenever the "A" Lookup dialog box is displayed,  "Babies" is displayed. 

7)   If I select a value from the "A" Lookup dialog box but DON'T save the Campaign, the value will NOT be visible the next time the "A" Lookup is displayed.

What is happening??

Thanks,

Barb R.

I am trying to deploy from a sandbox to a production org.  One of the problems I am facing is that all of the user profile files are failing with the following error:

File Name:    profiles/Admin.profile
   Full Name:  Admin
   Action:  NO ACTION
   Result:  FAILED
   Problem: In field: recordType - no RecordType named Question.Record_type_for_community_09aA0000000L4GsIAK_entity_Question found

I do not see where a record type can be defined for object Question. Help!

Thanks,

Barb

Are the Object Translation files necessary?  I have several that have incorrect picklist values and are failing when I am deploying to production.

I have been developing in a sandbox for quite some time.  I installed the new Spring 2010 UI theme in the sandbox a couple of months ago by selecting Setup | Customize | User Interface and checking the "Enable New User Interface Theme".  However, I recently logged into our Production org and realized that the theme needs to be updated --- but the "Enable New User Interface Theme" is not available.

How can I update the UI theme?

Thanks,

Barb R.

When records are selected from a List View and passed to another page (e.g. via Mass Edit or Mass Update buttons) the records are not sorted in the new page (or perhaps are sorted by record Id?)

What is the best way to sort the records --- e.g., by Name --- before the new page is displayed?  I have created an extension, but cannot seem to get the records sorted before the page is displayed.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Barb

I am trying to add a custom button to the Product related list on my Opportunity page.  I have created the button but it does not appear as an option in the page layout.  The button is a List type and calls a VF page.  The VF page does not use a standard controller.

I successfully created a similar custom button on the Campaign History related list on my Contact page layout.  How is this any different?

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Barb

I have several record types defined for the Opportunity object.  Each record type uses a different page layout.

The Opportunity object contains a custom field "QBAccount" which is a lookup to object QBAccount.  QB accounts are categorized by Opportunity record type, so only the subset of QB Accounts matching a particular record type should be available for selection.

I created a custom button that calls a VF page (with the current record type as a parameter).  The VF page displays the QB accounts valid for that record type.  The user then selects a value ---- but I'm not sure how to plug this value into the QB Account field on the opportunity page.

Is there any way to do this without creating VF pages for each record type?

Thanks,

Barb

Whenever I click "Delete All" to delete all debug logs, I receive the following error:

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
          moments.

*   If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
          connection.

*   If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
          that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

I can delete logs individually with no problem.

This is a sandbox account (if that makes any difference).  This has been an issue for a long time.

Thanks!
Barb

I would like to create a drop-down list of all the methods returned from a  DescribeSObjectResult (e.g., "getLabel", "getName", "getKeyPrefix", etc.).  I have been able to create a list of fields (using DescribeFieldResult) as well as child relationships, record type info, etc., but not a list of just the methods.

How can I accomplish this?

Thanks,

Barb R.

• March 18, 2011

Why is there not a Notes & Attachments related list on Campaigns?

• September 23, 2010

I have two custom objects - Payments and OppPayments. 

Payments captures information about the payment of one or more opportunities (e.g., Payment Method (Cash, Check, Credit Card), etc.).

OppPayments is the intersection object joining Payments to Opportunities (containing OpportunityId and PaymentId).  For example, there could be more than one payment on an opportunity (half paid in cash; half paid in check) OR more than one opportunity paid for on a single check.

I am trying to figure out how to automatically insert both Payments and OppPayments from a list of Opportunities displayed on a VF page.  I can insert the opportunity list and can generate a Payments list (note that the user has selected a payment method which will apply to all opportunities on the page) which I can also insert.

How can I bulk insert OppPayments?  I need to insert Opportunities and Payments first (so I have those Ids). How can I link the Opportunities just inserted with the corresponding Payments just inserted.

Thanks!!!

Barb

• August 16, 2010

Is it possible to change the label on a standard button on a standard Salesforce page (e.g., change "Add Product" to "Add Line Item")?  I could create a custom button ---- but how do I find the appropriate Button/Link URL to include for Add Product functionality?

I have created a class that is called on the BeforeInsert trigger of Opportunity.  I would like to display an informational / instructional message on the standard Opportunity page when a record is successly inserted.   I know about adderror, but do not want the message to be displayed as an error.

Thanks,

Barb R.

Are the Object Translation files necessary?  I have several that have incorrect picklist values and are failing when I am deploying to production.

When records are selected from a List View and passed to another page (e.g. via Mass Edit or Mass Update buttons) the records are not sorted in the new page (or perhaps are sorted by record Id?)

What is the best way to sort the records --- e.g., by Name --- before the new page is displayed?  I have created an extension, but cannot seem to get the records sorted before the page is displayed.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Barb

I am trying to add a custom button to the Product related list on my Opportunity page.  I have created the button but it does not appear as an option in the page layout.  The button is a List type and calls a VF page.  The VF page does not use a standard controller.

I successfully created a similar custom button on the Campaign History related list on my Contact page layout.  How is this any different?

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Barb

I have several record types defined for the Opportunity object.  Each record type uses a different page layout.

The Opportunity object contains a custom field "QBAccount" which is a lookup to object QBAccount.  QB accounts are categorized by Opportunity record type, so only the subset of QB Accounts matching a particular record type should be available for selection.

I created a custom button that calls a VF page (with the current record type as a parameter).  The VF page displays the QB accounts valid for that record type.  The user then selects a value ---- but I'm not sure how to plug this value into the QB Account field on the opportunity page.

Is there any way to do this without creating VF pages for each record type?

Thanks,

Barb

Whenever I click "Delete All" to delete all debug logs, I receive the following error:

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
          moments.

*   If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
          connection.

*   If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
          that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

I can delete logs individually with no problem.

This is a sandbox account (if that makes any difference).  This has been an issue for a long time.

Thanks!
Barb

In Apex Explorer 8.0, when I right-click on an ID field, a "copy ID' option is available.  However, when I click on it, I receive an Unhandled Exception error. Any ideas?  Here is the debug: 

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at ApexExplorer.DataGridHyperLinkColumn.menu2_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.MenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Command.Invoke()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmCommand(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridTextBox.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
ApexExplorer8.0
    Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 8.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/salesforce.com/Apex%20Explorer%208.0/ApexExplorer8.0.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Web.Services
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Web.Services/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Web.Services.dll
DocumentControl
    Win32 Version: 8.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/salesforce.com/Apex%20Explorer%208.0/DocumentControl.DLL
System.Data
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_64/System.Data/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
jxnhsicp
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
ok2xild8
nfh9w5x1
System.Deployment
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Deployment/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Deployment.dll
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib
    Assembly Version: 0.5.0.0
    Win32 Version: 0.5.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/salesforce.com/Apex%20Explorer%208.0/ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.DLL
xxpqbyjr

From a Print button on my VFPage1, I create a Pagereference and pass a parameter to VFPage2 (which is rendered as a PDF).   The PDF can now be printed using the Print icon on the PDF toolbar.

The question is, how do I navigate away from the PDF?  If the back button is used, it will attempt to redisplay VFPage1 --- which will display incorrectly/incompletely because it needs input parameters.

How do I navigate to another page (i.e., without using a "Done" button)?  Is there a JS function that could help in this situation?

Thanks,

Barb

I would like to use the Office Toolkit (which I have installed) with MS Access.  However, when I open Access, I cannot see where to connect to Salesforce.  When I open Word, I have a Salesforce menu --- but nothing in Access.  I do not have the ODBC driver.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Barb

• April 30, 2010

Is there a way to perform a "global search" through all Apex code --- classes, triggers, etc.?  For example, if I want to search for a specific block of code but don't remember what class it's in...

• April 30, 2010

I need to trigger the OnChange event for a custom component (a 'Time Picker') on a particular page where it's used in a table.   The onChange event needs to call a rooutine to update a boolean flag. I have tried using actionfunction on the page, actionsupport within the component, and also creating an optional 'OnChange' attribute in the component to hold the value of a Javascript function.

It's difficult to post code since I've tried so many different things. Here are some snippets of the current state:

Here is a portion of the page.  NOTE: The Start Date field (shown before the Start Time Time Picker field)  successfully calls the  changeUpdateFlag function.

<apex:pageBlockSection columns="1" >
       <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!newClassList}" var="c" id="table">
             <apex:column headerValue="Start Date">
                  <apex:inputField value="{!c.StartDate}" onChange="changeUpdateFlag();" />
              </apex:column >   
              <apex:column headerValue="Start Time">
                  <c:TimePicker PickTimeField="Start Time" id="StartTime" value="{!c.StartTime__c}" onChange="changeUpdateFlag();"/>
               </apex:column>   
        </apex:pageBlockTable>
</apex:pageBlockSection>

<apex:actionFunction action="{!changeUpdateFlag}" name="changeUpdateFlag" rerender="theForm"/>

Here is the component:

<apex:component >
    <script src="{!URLFOR($Resource.JQuery)}" type="text/javascript" ></script>
    <script src="{!URLFOR($Resource.TimePicker,'/src/jquery.ptTimeSelect.js')}" type="text/javascript" ></script>
    <apex:stylesheet value="{!URLFOR($Resource.TimePicker,'/src/jquery.ptTimeSelect.css')}" ></apex:stylesheet>
    <apex:stylesheet value="{!URLFOR($Resource.TimePicker,'/example/ui.core.css')}" ></apex:stylesheet>
    <apex:stylesheet value="{!URLFOR($Resource.TimePicker,'/example/ui.theme.css')}" ></apex:stylesheet>
    <apex:stylesheet value="{!URLFOR($Resource.TimePicker,'/doc/styles/main.css')}" ></apex:stylesheet>
    <apex:stylesheet value="{!URLFOR($Resource.TimePicker,'/example/css/timecntr/jquery-ui-1.7.1.custom.css')}" ></apex:stylesheet>

<apex:attribute name="PickTimeField" description="Time field" type="string" required="true"></apex:attribute>
    <apex:attribute name="PickTimeLabel" description="Time Label" type="string" required="false"></apex:attribute>
    <apex:attribute name="value" description="" type="string" required="false" ></apex:attribute>
    <apex:attribute name="onChange" description="" type="string" required="false" ></apex:attribute>

<apex:inputtext styleClass="myDate" value="{!value}" style="width:60px;font-family:Arial; font-size:.8m" onChange="{!onChange}" />

<script type="text/javascript">

$(document).ready(function() {
            $('.myDate').ptTimeSelect();
      });
     </script>

</apex:component>

And here is the associated code in the page controller:

public PageReference changeUpdateFlag() {
        bUpdated = true;
        return null;
        }

Any ideas on how to make this work for the component?

• April 20, 2010

I would like to create a generic validation routine in a controller - i.e., when the Save button is clicked on a page, the validation routine executes, errors are trapped, and the cursor/focus is placed in the appropriate field on the page.

I have a general idea of how this should work, but not sure how to have the page communicate with the controller.

Thanks,

Barb R.

• April 06, 2010