• Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

I need to place the text over image in visualforce using <apex:image> component. It works fine with background-image in <div> tag. But, I am not able to adjust the width of the image. I m reusing the same image at different places in the page. So, I cannot fix the size at the image level and use. I need to adjust the size in code level.

Please suggest me on this.

• January 17, 2012

Hi,

There is a requirement to open 3 windows on click of a button. This is the way which I tried:

1. I wrote 0nclick javascript for a button. I am getting the selected record ids and passing it to the VF page with the help of hidden elements

f1=document.createElement('form');

f1.action='https://c.ap1.visual.force.com/apex/page0';

f1.method='post';

f1.target='thatframe';

ch1=document.createElement('input');

ch1.value=IdsList;//Adding the Ids

2. I am separating the record Ids in the controller of the VF page page0. I have used InputHidden to get the Ids from controller.

function funcload(){
var SampId1=SampIds1.value;
var SampId2=SampIds2.value;
var SampId3=SampId23.value;
if(SampId1!=""){
f1=document.createElement('form'); f1.action='https://c.ap1.visual.force.com/apex/page1';
f1.method='post';
f1.target='thatframe';
ch1.value=SampId1;
}
if(SampId2!=""){
f2=document.createElement('form'); f2.action='https://c.ap1.visual.force.com/apex/page2';
.... ch2.value=SampId2;
}
if(SampId3!=""){
f3=document.createElement('form'); f3.action='https://c.ap1.visual.force.com/apex/page3';
... ch3.value=SampId3;
}
}
<apex:form >
<apex:inputHidden value="{!SampleIds1}" id="SampId1"/>
<apex:inputHidden value="{!SampleIds2}" id="SampId2"/>
<apex:inputHidden value="{!SampleIds3}" id="SampId3"/> <script>SampIds1=document.getElementById('{!$Component.SampId1}');</script> <script>SampIds2=document.getElementById('{!$Component.SampId2}');</script> <script>SampIds3=document.getElementById('{!$Component.SampId3}');</script> </apex:form>

Behaviour of this code is: It is considering the last url, only one window is opening at a time (with the last url). I am getting the alert messages, if i add inside the IF conditions. But the pages are not getting opened.

Can anyone help me on this issue?

Regards,
Deepa

• February 24, 2010

Hi,

I have a visualforce page rendered as PDF. Multiple records Information is repeated with the help of <apex:repeat> tags. If I have three records, currently all the three records information is displayed in a single page. My requirement is, if I have three records, information should be in three pages (based on the number of records), i.e., 1st record information in first page, 2nd in second page and 3rd in third page.

Which style tag will be helpful for this?

Can anyone suggest a solution? Any help is highly appreciated.

Regards,

Deepa

• February 22, 2010

Hi,

I have a requirement to display the checkbox as a readonly field on the standard page using s-control. I have tried with the below code:

var Platinum__c = '00NQ0000000PAP9';
var platinumFld = parent.document.getElementById(Platinum__c);
platinumFld.readOnly = 'true';

Platinum is a checkbox field. The same syntax works for other text fields.

Do I need to do any change in the Id, like we do for lookup fields (including CF)? Please suggest if I miss anything on the above code.

Thanks,

Deepa

• January 09, 2010

Hi,

I am displaying a detail mode of a record in the form of PDF. It will have multiple pages which is dynamic based on the entered values for some textarea fields. There is a requirment to display the page numbers.

How to add page numbers at the bottom of the page dynamically?

Can anyone help me on this.

Regards,

Deepa

• December 22, 2009

Hi,

I have a requirement to display the fields in the table format rendered as PDF (detail mode).  Based on the length of the values in the cell, table is getting extended. I want to wrap the field's value. 

Please find the below code:

<apex:pageBlockTable value="{!relationshipproduct}" var="r" columns="10" rows="4" border="1px" style="font-size:8pt;"> <apex:column headerValue="Cap Mkts" style="width:30%;word-wrap:break-word;"> <apex:outputField value="{!r.AUM_Cap_Mkts__c}"/> </apex:column> </apex:pageBlockTable>

I tried with word-wrap for column component. But the value is not getting wrapped. How can i wrap the outputfield value in visualforce?

Can anyone suggest me the way to achieve this?

Regards,

Deepa

• December 02, 2009

Hi,

I have a requirement to develop a lookup search in Visualforce. I am able to show the list of of records in a popup window when the user clicks on a magnifying glass. I am not able to pass the selected value from the popup window to the main VF page (Parent window).

Can anyone please suggest me on this?

Thanks,

Deepa

• November 23, 2009

Hi,

I need to place the text over image in visualforce using <apex:image> component. It works fine with background-image in <div> tag. But, I am not able to adjust the width of the image. I m reusing the same image at different places in the page. So, I cannot fix the size at the image level and use. I need to adjust the size in code level.

Please suggest me on this.

• January 17, 2012

Hi,

There is a requirement to open 3 windows on click of a button. This is the way which I tried:

1. I wrote 0nclick javascript for a button. I am getting the selected record ids and passing it to the VF page with the help of hidden elements

f1=document.createElement('form');

f1.action='https://c.ap1.visual.force.com/apex/page0';

f1.method='post';

f1.target='thatframe';

ch1.value=IdsList;//Adding the Ids

2. I am separating the record Ids in the controller of the VF page page0. I have used InputHidden to get the Ids from controller.

function funcload(){
var SampId1=SampIds1.value;
var SampId2=SampIds2.value;
var SampId3=SampId23.value;
if(SampId1!=""){
f1=document.createElement('form'); f1.action='https://c.ap1.visual.force.com/apex/page1';
f1.method='post';
f1.target='thatframe';
ch1.value=SampId1;
}
if(SampId2!=""){
f2=document.createElement('form'); f2.action='https://c.ap1.visual.force.com/apex/page2';
.... ch2.value=SampId2;
}
if(SampId3!=""){
f3=document.createElement('form'); f3.action='https://c.ap1.visual.force.com/apex/page3';
... ch3.value=SampId3;
}
}
<apex:form >
<apex:inputHidden value="{!SampleIds1}" id="SampId1"/>
<apex:inputHidden value="{!SampleIds2}" id="SampId2"/>
<apex:inputHidden value="{!SampleIds3}" id="SampId3"/> <script>SampIds1=document.getElementById('{!$Component.SampId1}');</script> <script>SampIds2=document.getElementById('{!$Component.SampId2}');</script> <script>SampIds3=document.getElementById('{!$Component.SampId3}');</script> </apex:form>

Behaviour of this code is: It is considering the last url, only one window is opening at a time (with the last url). I am getting the alert messages, if i add inside the IF conditions. But the pages are not getting opened.

Can anyone help me on this issue?

Regards,
Deepa

• February 24, 2010

Hi,

I have a visualforce page rendered as PDF. Multiple records Information is repeated with the help of <apex:repeat> tags. If I have three records, currently all the three records information is displayed in a single page. My requirement is, if I have three records, information should be in three pages (based on the number of records), i.e., 1st record information in first page, 2nd in second page and 3rd in third page.

Which style tag will be helpful for this?

Can anyone suggest a solution? Any help is highly appreciated.

Regards,

Deepa

• February 22, 2010

Hi,

I am displaying a detail mode of a record in the form of PDF. It will have multiple pages which is dynamic based on the entered values for some textarea fields. There is a requirment to display the page numbers.

How to add page numbers at the bottom of the page dynamically?

Can anyone help me on this.

Regards,

Deepa

• December 22, 2009

Hi,

I have a requirement to develop a lookup search in Visualforce. I am able to show the list of of records in a popup window when the user clicks on a magnifying glass. I am not able to pass the selected value from the popup window to the main VF page (Parent window).

Can anyone please suggest me on this?

Thanks,

Deepa

• November 23, 2009

We have a few VF pages rendered as PDF which are using <Apex: dataTable>. This document is genereated in protrait size with 8 columns. It also include Product Name (80 char).

I want the text to be wrapped in each column. If I render the page as HTML then it works, but it does not work for PDF. I am even specifying the columnsWidth attribute.

Code:
<apex:dataTable width="100%" border="0" id="DataTable" value="{!SalesOrderLines}" var="SalesOrderLine" style="font-size:10px;vertical-align:top;word-wrap: break-word;"  headerClass="headerrow" 
   columnsWidth="60,250,90,50,95,100,100,100" rowclasses="odd,even" >

<apex:column headervalue="Line">
             <apex:outputField value="{!SalesOrderLine.Name}"/>
 </apex:column>   
 <apex:column style="width: 200px;word-wrap:break-word" >
     <apex:facet name="header">
 {!$ObjectType.SalesOrderLine__c.Fields.Product__c.label}                                 
      </apex:facet>
        {!IF(SalesOrderLine.Product__r.name = null,SalesOrderLine.Product__c, SalesOrderLine.Product__r.name)}
 </apex:column> 
</apex:dataTable>

I have even tried putting following style for <td> in the page

Code:
<style type="text/css">
  td {
    word-wrap: break-word;
  }
</style>

Does anyone has any idea, what is the best way to achieve word wraping for PDFs. This is very urgent !!!

I also
  • October 26, 2008