• Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

I would like to set a default value for the Start Time and End Time when the user clicks New Event. I created a custom button with the following URL but the syntax I am used in the past for setting default values does not seem to work for this particular field (Start Time is not populated as expected).

Here is the URL:

/00U/e&retURL=%2F{!Assignment__c.Id}&cancelURL=%2F{!Assignment__c.Id}&what_id={!Assignment__c.Id}&&StartDateTime_time="8:00 AM"&EndDateTime_time="4:00 PM"

I would appreciate any clues.

Thanks

Pierre

IF(ISNULL( End_Date__c ) ,
TEXT((TODAY() - Hire_Date__c)/ 365) & " years",
TEXT((End_Date__c - Hire_Date__c)/ 365) & " years")

Above is the code I have so far. The only problem is that this potentially shows results such as "3.1234237563223457 years". Is there a way to make the equation give a result such as "3 years 33 days"?

Thank you!

Hi,

There is a custom field, one called Industry (a drop down list) in Accounts called Industry. I would like to see this in Contacts. I could create a new field but I would prefer to map the one from accounts. Is there a solution for this? Can you share it? I'd be most appreciative.

Thanks in advance

~S

I will admit that I'm relatively new to writing formulas for Salesforce but I just can't seem to get my head 'round why this isn't working

AMOUNT.CONVERT:SUM:IF(ISPICKVAL( StageName, "05a - Awaiting OEM Activation", "06 - Closed Won"))

I am trying to create a custom Summary Formula that will total the "Amount Converted" revenue from Opportunities with a Sales Stage picklist value 05a or 06.

When I try to validate the formula I get this:

Error: Field StageName does not exist. Check spelling.
I've tried a few different variants Opportunity.StageName, OpportunityStage, SalesStage, etc...  Whatever I try I always get the error that the spelling is incorrect or the field doesn't exist. 
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am a victim of my own overthinking...

On Tasks, I have a VR that requires the Subject to not be left as "Call". I have another VR that requires a value be selected on a custom picklist field before the Task can be saved.

I have a workflow rule that is set for immediate action on any Task that fits a certain criteria. When it the rule fires, it performs two actions; a field update to put "No answer" in the subject line and a field update to update the custom picklist field with a specific value.

When I create a task that meets the criteria needed for the WF to work, I click save but the VRs fire before the field updates.

Hi,

I would like to set a default value for the Start Time and End Time when the user clicks New Event. I created a custom button with the following URL but the syntax I am used in the past for setting default values does not seem to work for this particular field (Start Time is not populated as expected).

Here is the URL:

/00U/e&retURL=%2F{!Assignment__c.Id}&cancelURL=%2F{!Assignment__c.Id}&what_id={!Assignment__c.Id}&&StartDateTime_time="8:00 AM"&EndDateTime_time="4:00 PM"

I would appreciate any clues.

Thanks

Pierre

I need to pull a commission percentage from another custom object for every sale.  The problem is the commission %'s are different for every product and are tiered based on the sale amount.  For example, a sale of product X gets a 5% commission if the sale amount is less than 1,000, 7% if greater than 1,000 but less than 5,000 and 9% if greater than 5,000.  The percentages and tiers can be completely different for a different product.  I currently have a custom object set up to track all the tiers and %'s for each product.  How do I pull the correct % into commission calculation for each of my product sales?

Does anyone know if  a formula that will calculate the number of items selected on a multiselect picklist field?  Example If the the multiselect field was: What are your favorite pizza toppings? And the user selects Cheese, Mushrooms and Sausage from the 45 options on the multiselect picklist.  What would the formula be for the formula field to calculate the number 3 since 3 items were selected?

Hoping someone can advise. I have created a dependency on two picklist, the second of which,  when "yes" is selected, I would like an automatic e-mail sent to a specified e-mail address.

The way it is currently set up is that you select the values in the picklists and if you select yes, you receive an error stating, please e-mail... and i've created a button for e-mail.

Is there a way to 1) make these dependent (I think only picklists can have dependencies); or 2) execute a trigger via code to autorun?

Your advise is greatly appreciated.

Cheers! 

• August 06, 2010

Validate Opportunity Close Date > Task Due Date when saving a task?

• I want to be able to validate if the due date on a Task associated to an opportunity is valid, it means that the Task Due Date has to me less than Opprotunity Close Date. It should not be possible to create a new task which Due Date is greater than the Opportunity Close Date.
  • When creating a new Task and selecting a Task Due Date and pressing Save I want Salesforce to validate if Due Date < Opportunity Close Date. If the validation return FALSE an errormessage has to pop up telling you have to eighter change the Task Due Date or the Opprotunity Close Date.

If possible I would like to make a validation directly on Due Date and Close Date, but it is not possible to make that validation as far as I can figure out.

Anybody out there who already has an solution?  

Thanks a lot. 

Hi all,

We have two custom objects:

1. Locations

2. Address Data

The Location object has a lookup field where you select the street address from the Address Data object.  Once you hit save, the address info is auto populated to the Location object via a workflow.  This works great.

The problem that I am having is one of the fields on the Location object is called "Market".  This is a formula field that is populated based on either the State, ZIP or Country.  I need to simplify this code/fix it because it is returning errors when the Country field is referenced.

Here is the code:

IF(State__c="MA" || State__c="RI" , "Boston", 
IF(State__c="CT" || State__c="NY" || State__c="NJ" ,"NY/NJ", 
IF(State__c="PA" , "Philadelphia", 
IF(State__c="MD" , "Baltimore", 
IF(State__c="VA" || State__c="DC", "WDC/VA", 
IF(State__c="GA" , "Atlanta", 
IF(State__c="IL" , "Chicago", 
IF((VALUE(Zip__c)) >= 75001 && (VALUE(Zip__c)) <= 76487 , "Dallas", 
IF((VALUE(Zip__c)) >= 73301 && (VALUE(Zip__c)) <= 73344 , "Austin", 
IF((VALUE(Zip__c)) >= 78602 && (VALUE(Zip__c)) <= 78957 , "Austin", 
IF((VALUE(Zip__c)) >= 77001 && (VALUE(Zip__c)) <= 77598 , "Houston", 
IF(State__c="AZ" , "Phoenix", 
IF((VALUE(Zip__c)) >= 90001 && (VALUE(Zip__c)) <= 93599, "Los Angeles", 
IF((VALUE(Zip__c)) >= 94001 && (VALUE(Zip__c)) <= 95487 , "SF Bay Area", 
IF(State__c="OR" , "Portland",
IF(State__c="FL", "Miami", 
IF(State__c="CO", "Denver",
IF(Country__c="United Kingdom", "London",
IF(Country__c="Germany", "Frankfurt",
IF(Country__c="France", "Paris",
IF(Country__c="Netherlands", "Amsterdam",
IF(State__c="WA" , "Seattle", "Other"
))))))))))))))))))))))

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Alex

I'm trying to set up a validation rule that will not let you check on a checkbox (Re_opened__c) unless

1) there is a resolved date (Resolved_Date__c)

2) the resolved date is within 3 days of when a ticket is 're-opened', or current day

what i have so far is:

And(

Re_opened__c,

Not(Today()>Day(Date(Resolved_Date__c) +3 )))

right now, it doesn't seem to like the number of parameters being used, also not sure if this is written correctly.  would appreciate some suggestions, thanks.

IF(ISNULL( End_Date__c ) ,
TEXT((TODAY() - Hire_Date__c)/ 365) & " years",
TEXT((End_Date__c - Hire_Date__c)/ 365) & " years")

Above is the code I have so far. The only problem is that this potentially shows results such as "3.1234237563223457 years". Is there a way to make the equation give a result such as "3 years 33 days"?

Thank you!