• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I've created a data synchronization service in .NET and have everything working except for OpportunityLineItems. The problem is if the item exists in Salesforce I can't specify a PricebookEntryID because it says I don't have to correct permissions to update it. I am logged in as admin and have full rights to everything.

So then if I remove the PricebookEntryID the record upserts fine. But if a new record is to be inserted Upsert fails because the PricebookEntryID is required.

Of course I could solve this by querying Salesforce to see if the LineItem exists and calling update or create. But isn't that what upsert is supposed to do?

So basically Upsert on OpportunityLineItem is useless.

Anyone come accross this and have a solution?

I'm running the Outlook 2010 preview on a box, and at the moment it does not appear that the Outlook Connector for salesforce will run in it (most other Outlook plugins for 2007 that I've tried with Outlook 2010 do work fine). 

I'm just curious if anyone else can confirm the same experience.  Are there ever beta's of new versions of the connector, or do we need to wait for release that has official support for Outlook 2010?