• Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi ,

We have published a app on AppExchange recently. We created a test org and attached it to Test Drive.

but problem is when someone tries to do test drive, it asks for Activation link. This problem seems to be

related with IP restriction. as I added a IP of friend who is on other network and I enable IP access for him

He could Test drive it without being asked for activation link. 

Now my question is how to disable IP restriction on Test drive org? as people are trying our app, and they are being asked for Activation link for Test Drive. also its not possible to define IP ranges for all the IPs?

regards

Sandip 

Hi,

I think this should be quite straightforward question as everyone seem to know abt it. I didnt find any question similar to this on discussion board. 

What I am trying to do is...this is just simplified version...

List<sObject> L = Database.query('select name, id from Account where id in : recordIds');

for (sObject c : L){

customObject__c customObject = new customObject__c(); 

customObject.name = c.get('name'); 

type of name is string. while c.get is returning something of type 'object'. how to convert object to string?

simple casting is not working. it fails at compile time only.

it will save me lots of extra lines of code, if I get solution for this.

I am not able to find in any document, of how to convert this object into string. 

TIA.

regards,

Sandip 

Hi, 

I am overriding standard button 'New', on my custom objects tab to Visual force page as I wanted some

customization for creating new object. It works fine.

but when I package everything and install it in other organization, overriding is gone. They see standard page which comes up after clicking New button.

I want this overriding to be permanent or packaged. so when other user installs package, 'New' button should point to VF page.

Is there any way to do by making changes to  Metadata object?

regards,

Sandip 

Hi ,

I want to write test cases for Event related functionality. I am stuck at creating test data for

EventAttendees. as EventAttendees are child to Event. and they can be either Contacts, Users or Leads.

anyone help me with this?

regards,

Sandip  

Hi,

How one get custom object related activities into activity history? also how to add a custom button

on activity history related list?

any help would be great?

regards,

sandip 

I want to access some JS function defined in static resource java file from Javascript on custom button.

anybody knows how to do this? 

is it possible to add custom buttons and adding related list to users page layout during installation?

or is it possible to automate process of changing layout after installtion, like running some script?

regards,

Sandip 

I am creating custom button. If I select content source as VisualForce page, content box shrinks. it

doesnt let anything to write in box.

how does it work using visualforce page option while creating a custom button? 

Hi,

I am new to this platform, so dont know if its good question or not...

I want to add a button on contact list page which will allow me to select contacts using checkboxes.

and action corresponding to button will do some operation with selected contacts.

I am creating custom button with content source as URL. url will point to custom visual force page which

will show UI including selected contacts. 

can I access selected contacts from URL associated with custom button?

regards,

Sandip 

I want to create a lookup field which can select from different type of objects.

For example, in Tasks,  related to field has following datatype.

Lookup(Contract,Product,Asset,Campaign,Account,Opportunity,Case,Solution,Position,Candidate,Job Application,Review,Employment Website,Job Posting,Mileage)

how to create Lookup field with composite datatype as above? I think its not possible with point and

click solution for creating field? i need to do it using visualforce/apex?

We are planning to include custom settings into our package.

We intend to support Professional Editions and we are aware that Custom settings are not available in Professional Edition. (https://na12.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/cs_accessing.htm)

I would like to know if it is possible to include custom settings in our package and make it available to customers using professional edition.

Our package already has aloha app status. Will custom settings be available in Professional Edition if our package has Aloha App status?

• October 27, 2011

All:

I have the following trigger written:

trigger FiberUpdate on Fiber_Qualified_Address__c (after insert, after update) {
Set<String> AddressSet = new Set<String>();
Set<String> LocSet = new Set<String>();
Set<String> ZipSet = new Set<String>();
                    for(Fiber_Qualified_Address__c s: Trigger.New)
                             {
                                      AddressSet.add(s.street_address__c);
                                      LocSet.add(s.loc__c);
                                      ZipSet.add(s.zip_code__c);
                              }

list<Subscriber__c> gpon = [select id, name, fiber_address__c, street_address__c, loc__c, zip_code__c from Subscriber__c where street_address__c IN: AddressSet
and loc__c IN: LocSet
and zip_code__c IN: ZipSet];

if(gpon.size()>0) 
        { List<Subscriber__c> toUpdate=new List<Subscriber__c>(); 
        Map<ID, String> FQAID = new Map<ID, String>(); 
        for(Subscriber__c FQAID2: gpon) { Map<String, Subscriber__c> FQAMap = new Map<String, Subscriber__c>(); 
        for(Subscriber__c foa: gpon) { FQAMAP.put(foa.street_address__c + '' + foa.loc__c + '' + foa.zip_code__c, foa); } 
        for(Fiber_Qualified_Address__c s: Trigger.new) { if(FQAMAP.containsKey(s.street_address__c + '' + s.loc__c + '' + s.zip_code__c)) 
        { Subscriber__c cand = FQAMap.get(s.street_address__c + '' + s.loc__c + '' + s.zip_Code__c); 
        cand.fiber_address__c = s.id; toUpdate.add(cand); } } update toUpdate; }
}
}

and the following test class:

@isTest
private class testfiber{
static testmethod void testmy(){
Subscriber__c obj1 = new Subscriber__c();
obj1.street_address__c ='testadd';
obj1.loc__c = 'testloc';
obj1.zip_code__c = '87483';
insert obj1;

Fiber_Qualified_Address__c obj = new Fiber_Qualified_Address__c();
obj.street_address__c ='testadd';
obj.loc__c = 'testloc';
obj.zip_code__c = '87483';
insert obj;
}
}

I built them both in Sandbox, tested them out, acheived what I wanted, depoloyed to production, now I am getting an error:

System.QueryException: Non-selective query against large object type (more than 100,000 rows) . Consider an index filter.

Can anyone help me re-work the code or test coverage to avoid this error?

What I need the code to do is:

1. After update or insert of records in Fiber_Qualified_Address__c, take three fields (street_address__c, loc__c and zip_code__c) and lookup to see if there is a record in Subscriber__c that has the same three values in the same three fields.

2. If there is a match, create a lookup relationship in field Fiber_Address__c on Subscriber__c with Fiber_qualified_address__c

3. If there is no match, do nothing.

4. I would be inserting/updating anywhere from 100-1000 fiber qualified addresses at a time.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Matt

Hi ,

We have published a app on AppExchange recently. We created a test org and attached it to Test Drive.

but problem is when someone tries to do test drive, it asks for Activation link. This problem seems to be

related with IP restriction. as I added a IP of friend who is on other network and I enable IP access for him

He could Test drive it without being asked for activation link. 

Now my question is how to disable IP restriction on Test drive org? as people are trying our app, and they are being asked for Activation link for Test Drive. also its not possible to define IP ranges for all the IPs?

regards

Sandip 

Hi,

I think this should be quite straightforward question as everyone seem to know abt it. I didnt find any question similar to this on discussion board. 

What I am trying to do is...this is just simplified version...

List<sObject> L = Database.query('select name, id from Account where id in : recordIds');

for (sObject c : L){

customObject__c customObject = new customObject__c(); 

customObject.name = c.get('name'); 

type of name is string. while c.get is returning something of type 'object'. how to convert object to string?

simple casting is not working. it fails at compile time only.

it will save me lots of extra lines of code, if I get solution for this.

I am not able to find in any document, of how to convert this object into string. 

TIA.

regards,

Sandip 

Hi, 

I am overriding standard button 'New', on my custom objects tab to Visual force page as I wanted some

customization for creating new object. It works fine.

but when I package everything and install it in other organization, overriding is gone. They see standard page which comes up after clicking New button.

I want this overriding to be permanent or packaged. so when other user installs package, 'New' button should point to VF page.

Is there any way to do by making changes to  Metadata object?

regards,

Sandip 

Hi ,

I want to write test cases for Event related functionality. I am stuck at creating test data for

EventAttendees. as EventAttendees are child to Event. and they can be either Contacts, Users or Leads.

anyone help me with this?

regards,

Sandip  

I want to access some JS function defined in static resource java file from Javascript on custom button.

anybody knows how to do this? 

I am creating custom button. If I select content source as VisualForce page, content box shrinks. it

doesnt let anything to write in box.

how does it work using visualforce page option while creating a custom button? 

Hi,

I am new to this platform, so dont know if its good question or not...

I want to add a button on contact list page which will allow me to select contacts using checkboxes.

and action corresponding to button will do some operation with selected contacts.

I am creating custom button with content source as URL. url will point to custom visual force page which

will show UI including selected contacts. 

can I access selected contacts from URL associated with custom button?

regards,

Sandip 

hi

i want to see my schema

i'm following these instructions http://community.salesforce.com/sforce/?category.id=developers

but when i get to where is says to Install I see no plugin under Force.com IDE and

the Install button is inactive

what am i doing wrong?

thanks tammy

• December 07, 2009

Hi:

I am looking for some information on how the visual force URL's are created.

In my older org it used to be:

https://na2.salesforce.com/apex/MyVFPage

and now it is:

HTTPS://c.na7.visual.force.com/apex/MyVFPage or

HTTPS://<package name>.na7.visual.force.com/apex/MyVFPage

that does not seem to work correctly in the sandbox when you have managed packages.

1. log into test.salesforce.com

2. main url tapp0.salesforce.com

3. visual force page redirects to c.cs0.visual.force.com fails to fails to redirect to <package name>.cs0.visual.force.com

Can someone provide some inside on this new behavior? I  am trying to construct the URL in JavaScript.

Thanks,

Matt

I am trying to get Task Owner's Mobile Phone number using the following SOQL:

Select  t.Owner.MobilePhone from Task t

When I try to execute it I get an error message:  "No such column 'MobilePhone' on entity 'Name'"

The error shows up for some other columns too, e.g. CallCenterId (of User object), while some I am able to get data for some other columns, such as Name, LastName, etc.

Why is that?

Message Edited by Shamil on 07-02-2009 10:15 AM

I have an outputPanel that has a radioList within it that I am using with an actionSupport .  I am using the actionSupport to rerender another outputPanel through the use of AJAX.  Now I would like the radioList selection to rerender more than one Panel.  I know I can obviously move the second pageBlock within the already controlled outputPanel but I was wondering if you can rerender multiple outPutPanels off of a single actionSupport?

Hi
I am crating a cusom list button which is ugin an s-control and am adding it to the activitiy history related list on customer layout. It works fine however for some reason that causes some checkbpxes to appear next to activities which do not have any apparent value, they are just there.
does anyone know what are they?

thanks

Message Edited by Nadia on 07-01-2008 03:08 PM
  • July 01, 2008