• 25 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I am new to SF / apex development, so I apologize in advance for any extreme ignorance displayed...

I am creating a custom apex page to display tasks, and alongside the tasks I need to display some 'helper' content to allow users to determine appropriate action for the task.

I have used a mooTools slider in the past  to accomplish this, and am having trouble instantiating the slider within the apex page.

I have a page with the following resources to include the css and js files.  

<link rel="Stylesheet" type="text/css" href="{!$Resource.slider}" /><apex:includeScript value="{!$Resource.moo_12}"/><apex:includeScript value="{!$Resource.sl_slider}"/>

Then within the page after this section, I'm attempting to call the object:

<script> window.addEvent('domready', function() { //slider variables for making things easier below var itemsHolder = $('container'); var myItems = $$(itemsHolder.getElements('.item')); //controls for slider var theControls = $('controls1'); var numNavHolder = $(theControls.getElement('ul')); var thePlayBtn = $(theControls.getElement('.play_btn')); var thePrevBtn = $(theControls.getElement('.prev_btn')); var theNextBtn = $(theControls.getElement('.next_btn')); //create instance of the slider, and start it up var mySlider = new SL_Slider({ slideTimer: 6000, orientation: 'horizontal', //vertical, horizontal, or none: None will create a fading in/out transition. fade: true, //if true will fade the outgoing slide - only used if orientation is != None isPaused: true, container: itemsHolder, items: myItems, numNavActive: false, numNavHolder: numNavHolder, playBtn: thePlayBtn, prevBtn: thePrevBtn, nextBtn: theNextBtn }); mySlider.start(); }); </script>

The page loads, but the domready function doesn't appear to be called.  When I step through, I get an error indicating Uncaught TypeError: Object domready has no method 'addEventListener'

Is there another way that this needs to be referenced?  I have been looking at actionFunction but thus far unable to get a working solution.

Thanks in advance for any references or suggestions. 

I am new to SF / apex development, so I apologize in advance for any extreme ignorance displayed...

I am creating a custom apex page to display tasks, and alongside the tasks I need to display some 'helper' content to allow users to determine appropriate action for the task.

I have used a mooTools slider in the past  to accomplish this, and am having trouble instantiating the slider within the apex page.

I have a page with the following resources to include the css and js files.  

<link rel="Stylesheet" type="text/css" href="{!$Resource.slider}" /><apex:includeScript value="{!$Resource.moo_12}"/><apex:includeScript value="{!$Resource.sl_slider}"/>

Then within the page after this section, I'm attempting to call the object:

<script> window.addEvent('domready', function() { //slider variables for making things easier below var itemsHolder = $('container'); var myItems = $$(itemsHolder.getElements('.item')); //controls for slider var theControls = $('controls1'); var numNavHolder = $(theControls.getElement('ul')); var thePlayBtn = $(theControls.getElement('.play_btn')); var thePrevBtn = $(theControls.getElement('.prev_btn')); var theNextBtn = $(theControls.getElement('.next_btn')); //create instance of the slider, and start it up var mySlider = new SL_Slider({ slideTimer: 6000, orientation: 'horizontal', //vertical, horizontal, or none: None will create a fading in/out transition. fade: true, //if true will fade the outgoing slide - only used if orientation is != None isPaused: true, container: itemsHolder, items: myItems, numNavActive: false, numNavHolder: numNavHolder, playBtn: thePlayBtn, prevBtn: thePrevBtn, nextBtn: theNextBtn }); mySlider.start(); }); </script>

The page loads, but the domready function doesn't appear to be called.  When I step through, I get an error indicating Uncaught TypeError: Object domready has no method 'addEventListener'

Is there another way that this needs to be referenced?  I have been looking at actionFunction but thus far unable to get a working solution.

Thanks in advance for any references or suggestions.