• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

General question:  what is the best way to develop a custom mail merge pulling data from multiple objects into MS Word?  I can generate mail merge on a single object and know how do do the basics (mail merge from single object).

I'm using the nonprofit starter pack and want to run a mail merge with ms word (either individual or mass) from donations tied to organizations as well as contacts.  The basic mail merge works with donations tied to contacts. 

• January 16, 2010
What is the easiest way to generate documentation of all SFDC customizations (custom objects, custom fields for standard objects, triggers, validation rules, formulas) of a SFDC instance?
  • January 09, 2010

General question:  what is the best way to develop a custom mail merge pulling data from multiple objects into MS Word?  I can generate mail merge on a single object and know how do do the basics (mail merge from single object).

I'm using the nonprofit starter pack and want to run a mail merge with ms word (either individual or mass) from donations tied to organizations as well as contacts.  The basic mail merge works with donations tied to contacts. 

• January 16, 2010
I administer a nonprofit implementation of salesforce.  I am triyng to compile an email template including the contact deatils and the donation made from this year's campaign.  How do I create a template that includes contact information and the amount of a specific donation?

I would like to make a custom report based on a SOQL query, but I see in the IdeaExchange that it looks like that isn't possible yet: http://ideas.salesforce.com/article/show/10098337?page=last#lastPost  So, I'm looking for a work-around.  I think I need to do the report in SOQL because I want to use some subqueries to merge records on-the-fly.